• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

BoostfoSHO 2015 SHO Build thread!

Started by BoostfoSHO, November 25, 2017, 06:39:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BoostfoSHO

Quote from: bpd1151 on April 02, 2018, 08:41:51 PM
I tapped mine here, and added a T.

Biggest line for best consistent reference.
Is that some sort of check valve to the right ?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
Air raid intake, 3bar, OBX catless downpipes, 160tstat 2. Electric exhaust cutouts, MSD ignition coil, hot pipes with Tial BOV, AJP Turbo wastegate regulator mod.
For now...
Pending install. Snow stage

BoostfoSHO

Quote from: BoostfoSHO on April 02, 2018, 08:45:59 PM

Is that some sort of check valve to the right ?

What did you do with the rest of all the stuff that further right?
Sorry to me a pain I'm just trying to get it right and not screw it and have to go buy another booster line. Thanks for all the help

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
Air raid intake, 3bar, OBX catless downpipes, 160tstat 2. Electric exhaust cutouts, MSD ignition coil, hot pipes with Tial BOV, AJP Turbo wastegate regulator mod.
For now...

ZSHO

If you cut that 3/8 PVC line don't cut it to close to the connector.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

BoostfoSHO

Quote from: ZSHO on April 02, 2018, 08:58:39 PM
I was planning of taking out the hard plastic entirely and sliding hose into the connectors on both ends, the manifold one and the one before all the hoses for the booster. would that not work?

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
For now...

ZSHO

Quote from: BoostfoSHO on April 02, 2018, 09:05:33 PM
Quote from: ZSHO on April 02, 2018, 08:58:39 PM
I was planning of taking out the hard plastic entirely and sliding hose into the connectors on both ends, the manifold one and the one before all the hoses for the booster. would that not work?

It should work but make sure to fully secure the lines for precautionary
safety measures.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

bpd1151

I wouldn't mess with the plastic connections, or anything associated with it. As Z points out.

Regarding your question pertaining to a check valve or what have you, to the right of where I tapped..... no clue. That is from the factory.

I would stay to the left of that, cut just what you need out of the booster line to fit the length of that doo-hickey you're buying, and call it a day.

Cut less, NOT more!

BoostfoSHO

Quote from: bpd1151 on April 02, 2018, 09:17:59 PM
I wouldn't mess with the plastic connections, or anything associated with it. As Z points out.

Regarding your question pertaining to a check valve or what have you, to the right of where I tapped..... no clue. That is from the factory.

I would at stay to the left of that, cut just what you need out of the booster line to fit the length of that doo-hickey you're buying, and call it a day.

Cut less, NOT more!
Alright I will do just that. Cut not more than needed. Thank you all.

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
For now...

ZSHO

Quote from: BoostfoSHO on April 02, 2018, 09:24:05 PM

I would at stay to the left of that, cut just what you need out of the booster line to fit the length of that doo-hickey you're buying, and call it a day.

Cut less, NOT more!

The 2010MY have a different unique setup IIRC! Best of luck on the install. Z

BoostfoSHO

Quote from: ZSHO on April 02, 2018, 09:25:48 PM
Quote from: BoostfoSHO on April 02, 2018, 09:24:05 PM

Cut less, NOT more!

The 2010MY have a different setup IIRC.  Z
Ah that's why it looks very different than mine.
It confused the hell out of me.

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
For now...

derfdog15

Yup, its the only line that has substantial size to use for taps IMO. All the other lines are just barely larger than the ports they feed, and IMO you'd mess with air flow more by tapping one of the 1/8 or 1/4 hoses than tapping the large 3/8 hose.

Regarding hard plastic to not hard plastic, IMO I would source the quick disconnect connectors used on either end, completely remove the stock line and save it for later use if needed, and make a custom line setup using new quick disconnect connectors and your 3/8 fuel line.

If you aren't going to go the new connector route, then as others said, cut near the middle of the booster line, DO NOT cut close to the connector as it will be a pain.
2015 Tuxedo Black SHO PP -(SAE corrected): 369.4/451.4 - Gone to the automotive graveyard but not forgotten

2016 F150 FX4 Sport - 3.5L V6 Ecoboost - Stock for now

2003 Redfire V6 Mustang - Building to be an 11 second car

BoostfoSHO

Quote from: derfdog15 on April 03, 2018, 09:01:00 AM

Regarding hard plastic to not hard plastic, IMO I would source the quick disconnect connectors used on either end, completely remove the stock line and save it for later use if needed, and make a custom line setup using new quick disconnect connectors and your 3/8 fuel line.

If you aren't going to go the new connector route, then as others said, cut near the middle of the booster line, DO NOT cut close to the connector as it will be a pain.

This is what I was wanting to do I think it would be the cleanest and also allows me to keep the factory hose for whatever reason I may need to return to stock. Thank you I'm gonna go searching for the quick connector now.

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
For now...

BoostfoSHO

So after driving around everywhere even going to the dealer no one has that quick connector. I gave up and cut into the hard plastic.
The dealer has the whole pay for $60.0 I found it online for $40 so I'm just gonna order one to have a back up.

Now to test and start logging the meth pulls. Hopefully that fixed my cooling issue with the sensor not detecting.

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
For now...

BoostfoSHO

Unable to find any VP methanol around I found a chemical supply for the oil field. Free methanol for me he said he can't charge for such small quantity.

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
For now...

gotpball44

Quote from: BoostfoSHO on April 01, 2018, 09:25:10 PM
Quote from: ZSHO on June 28, 2017, 07:20:58 PM
I think this guy also used a Brass Tee as mentioned above. Z

Hey guys so I'm assuming because of my boost reference adapter my map sensor isn't picking up any cooling,so if I have to remove the BRA would it be ok to T off 3 line off of that one in the video ? I need sources for my meth controller, BOV, and wastegate regulator mod. Attached is a picture of my current set-up. I haven't cut the hoses to lebght yet waiting to see if it will stay this way or if I need to modify.

Would something like this work if I want to tie into that line that's  being tapped in on the video ?

Seem like a great option to replace my boost reference adapter.

DO you really think the map sensor adapter cause a problem for Meth injected cars? I just bought on of these adapters, but I am running meth. Will this adapter make the map sensor not read the meth injected air correctly?

BoostfoSHO

Quote from: gotpball44 on April 03, 2018, 08:27:25 PM
Quote from: BoostfoSHO on April 01, 2018, 09:25:10 PM
Quote from: ZSHO on June 28, 2017, 07:20:58 PM
I think this guy also used a Brass Tee as mentioned above. Z

Hey guys so I'm assuming because of my boost reference adapter my map sensor isn't picking up any cooling,so if I have to remove the BRA would it be ok to T off 3 line off of that one in the video ? I need sources for my meth controller, BOV, and wastegate regulator mod. Attached is a picture of my current set-up. I haven't cut the hoses to lebght yet waiting to see if it will stay this way or if I need to modify.

Would something like this work if I want to tie into that line that's  being tapped in on the video ?

Seem like a great option to replace my boost reference adapter.

DO you really think the map sensor adapter cause a problem for Meth injected cars? I just bought on of these adapters, but I am running meth. Will this adapter make the map sensor not read the meth injected air correctly?
I just ran a few pulls and could definitely see a difference in temperature reading. As soon as I start spraying now it goes to ambient temperature or lower real quick compared to before it wouldn't even drop any. But that's just me I still have to wait and see what Brad sees in the datalogs I sent him.

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
For now...