• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Meth weird power behavior (renamed from meth failure)

Started by TopherSho, September 16, 2017, 08:22:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StealBlueSho

His source torque 18 is an attempt to eliminate a majority of the advance trac stepping in. Seems to work fairly well with straight line runs.. I have only had it kick in once since he made that change...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TopherSho

Quote from: StealBlueSho on September 25, 2017, 03:23:04 PM
I have a 2010 Non-PP and I don't have those issues... I ran a 12.35 when it was hot as hell... could be an issue in your strategy he needs to work over? I will say upgrading to the coilovers made a world of difference coming off the line without advance track kicking in.

One headache at a time ;) .. i am not mechanically inclined any more so lowering is out the window until i have someone else do it :)
2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi
Best 0-60 public road 4.35s
Best 1/4 of 12.61 no DA correction

lamrith

Quote from: TopherSho on September 25, 2017, 03:14:17 PM

but the rev 3 meth tune kicked it into performance territories the programming  / advancement doesn't like.   were working on it now but the weather is turning, my road is being farmed so i cant get datalogs to Brad.  i am super-frustrated right now as i cant get the data to Brad,  and I hate the weird shifting and fueling it is doing.

I will try a few more times for logs later this week.. hopefully we can tune around it but Brad's comments make me think it will be a tough task with the 2010-2012 platform NON-PP behaviors.

crossing fingers ..
Yeah big weather change.  Sept closing out like it normally is cool and rainy.  wreaks havoc on traction for logging.

Question for the pro's out there..  There are enough of these cars out there, and they are getting wrecked a bit I am guessing..  What is the feasability of getting a ECU out of a wrecked PP car, that center console panel with the switches and swapping it in?
'13 Sho PP, SCT x4, AJP 92-Octane rev6 (14psi&20spark) NGK 6510, 3Bar, K&N CAI, PPE Catted DP, Dynomax Axleback, 20*9.5 Voxx Lago w/ 275/40-20 GMAX AS-05.

StealBlueSho

Quote from: lamrith on September 25, 2017, 04:28:52 PM

but the rev 3 meth tune kicked it into performance territories the programming  / advancement doesn't like.   were working on it now but the weather is turning, my road is being farmed so i cant get datalogs to Brad.  i am super-frustrated right now as i cant get the data to Brad,  and I hate the weird shifting and fueling it is doing.

I will try a few more times for logs later this week.. hopefully we can tune around it but Brad's comments make me think it will be a tough task with the 2010-2012 platform NON-PP behaviors.

crossing fingers ..
Yeah big weather change.  Sept closing out like it normally is cool and rainy.  wreaks havoc on traction for logging.

Question for the pro's out there..  There are enough of these cars out there, and they are getting wrecked a bit I am guessing..  What is the feasability of getting a ECU out of a wrecked PP car, that center console panel with the switches and swapping it in?

Let me find the link... but IIRC there are several control modules that would need to be replaced plus you would need some one with the Ford IDS software to make the changes needed for it to work.

lamrith

Quote from: StealBlueSho on September 25, 2017, 04:33:03 PM
Quote from: lamrith on September 25, 2017, 04:28:52 PM

crossing fingers ..

Let me find the link... but IIRC there are several control modules that would need to be replaced plus you would need some one with the Ford IDS software to make the changes needed for it to work.

no worries SBS, sounds like more hsasle than worth for benefit..
'13 Sho PP, SCT x4, AJP 92-Octane rev6 (14psi&20spark) NGK 6510, 3Bar, K&N CAI, PPE Catted DP, Dynomax Axleback, 20*9.5 Voxx Lago w/ 275/40-20 GMAX AS-05.

StealBlueSho

This guy reprogrammed his modules... he didn't say much on how he did it... but it at least goes over all the modules in that need work...

http://www.taurusclub.com/forum/115-5th-6th-gen-engine-drivetrain/184106-sho-pp-addon-s-non-pp-car-first-up-stability-defeat-4.html

There was another post about it... but I can't seem to find it...  anyway... the end result was that it is a lot work and you need to know someone with the right software that is willing to work with you...

SHOdded

would seem to be right up in Jason's neck of the woods ... Except I don't think he works on pre-2013MYs anymore?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

StealBlueSho

Quote from: SHOdded on September 25, 2017, 04:52:32 PM
would seem to be right up in Jason's neck of the woods ... Except I don't think he works on pre-2013MYs anymore?

This is correct, a few guys have reached out and Jason said he only does the 2013+ cars now.

bpd1151

JMR061 is his user forum user name, in the event anyone is looking for him.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

ZSHO

FWIW my APIM for NAV is still working as designed.  :) Thanks to Jason @  http://www.fordpimods.com/ . Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

dubcitySHO

Quote from: polskifacet on September 25, 2017, 02:30:47 PM
Just pull out the abs fuse and call it a day lol

SBS and I spoke briefly about this when trying to fight our TQ15 demons, I believe before he was alky injected.

For science, I gave it a go, and yeah it works 100% on my 2012 nonPP.  Instrument cluster lights up like a Christmas tree and the DIC freaks out telling me all the errors, but Advancetrak is beaten.

I don't condone this as a full time solution, but if you want 0 intervention from Advancetrak for say, track use, I'd say give it a shot.
2018 Magnetic Metallic F-150 XLT FX4 SCrew, 20% 3M Tint, Currently researching reputable F-150 tuners....

TopherSho

Na,  the brakes are bad enough (not sufficient) so I am not comfortable with that idea.  Brad will see what he can do.  And we will see where we get with him coding around it.

If all else fails then I will roll back to the last meth tune that did not have the issue and call it good.  I liked the power of rev3, in a dragrace rev3 made some easy kills out in PIR..  but as soon as we went rev3 the tq errors came on strong and make daily driving very much un-enjoyable.

finger crossed,  Brad has been amazing,  and has tunes on stronger rigs so i am very hopeful.

added a new log... check out timestamp 359+ .. it is slow roll into a farm road in 1st gear.  i floor it and it does some super sketchy power management.  it stop all power *hard* and a little scary then goes nutz
2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi

ZSHO

FWIW Bad worn out brakes along with your (speed sensors) can make your car act funky at times,especially worn out tires,safety aspect comes to mind,food for thought my friend. Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

TopherSho

Quote from: ZSHO on September 25, 2017, 10:30:58 PM
FWIW Bad worn out brakes along with your (speed sensors) can make your car act funky at times,especially worn out tires,safety aspect comes to mind,food for thought my friend. Z

Interesting!  I have tons of pad left currently, I was referring to the fact the oem nonpp brakes are weak.

Colorado-SHOBro

Quote from: TopherSho on September 25, 2017, 09:44:44 PM
Na,  the brakes are bad enough (not sufficient) so I am not comfortable with that idea.  Brad will see what he can do.  And we will see where we get with him coding around it.

If all else fails then I will roll back to the last meth tune that did not have the issue and call it good.  I liked the power of rev3, in a dragrace rev3 made some easy kills out in PIR..  but as soon as we went rev3 the tq errors came on strong and make daily driving very much un-enjoyable.

finger crossed,  Brad has been amazing,  and has tunes on stronger rigs so i am very hopeful.

added a new log... check out timestamp 359+ .. it is slow roll into a farm road in 1st gear.  i floor it and it does some super sketchy power management.  it stop all power *hard* and a little scary then goes nutz
Hopefully no one looks through my download history and sees i downloaded a file with the words "big, log, and tranny"  LOL!!
11' SHO Tuxedo Metallic black-non PP | Highly sophisticated high altitude custom AJP Turbo E30 3Bar tune w/Wastegate mod | Cat'd ceramic PPE downpipes |170 stat| SP542 plugs .028 | PP trans cooler | H&R springs | RX catch can

12.8@108 @ 6,000ft DA.