• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Meth weird power behavior (renamed from meth failure)

Started by TopherSho, September 16, 2017, 08:22:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TopherSho

Last night was perfect!  This morning not so much.   I ran 11+ runs with no issue using 100% meth based on a reply from tech@snowperfromance.com saying it was fine to run pure meth.

This morning the green led is turning Amber ..

anyone know what that Amber light means? It is a solid green/Amber color.  I am not referring to the Amber tank level light.

I do have a Email back in with snow ..
2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi
Best 0-60 public road 4.35s
Best 1/4 of 12.61 no DA correction

StealBlueSho

Hmmm is it the pressure light? Is the pump not building pressure?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TopherSho

Quote from: StealBlueSho on September 16, 2017, 08:39:41 PM
Hmmm is it the pressure light? Is the pump not building pressure?

No clue.  Trying to lookup the led states but thier site is hard to navigate on my phone..
2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi

TopherSho

If I have to guess,. The tech I talked to is wrong and the pump is NOT 100% meth safe and the pump ate the diaphragm sitting  overnight with 100% meth in it.

StealBlueSho

Quote from: TopherSho on September 16, 2017, 09:07:30 PM
If I have to guess,. The tech I talked to is wrong and the pump is NOT 100% meth safe and the pump ate the diaphragm sitting  overnight with 100% meth in it.

That's why I went with Alky Control.... sorry bud!

TopherSho

Quote from: StealBlueSho on September 16, 2017, 10:46:45 PM
Quote from: TopherSho on September 16, 2017, 09:07:30 PM

That's why I went with Alky Control.... sorry bud!

If the verdict is in fact that the pump is NOT 100% meth safe i am going to be super pissed since i have an email stating it is.  I do not know if I can swap in a Alky pump and replace the Snow one but that's my 1st possibility if that is the case.

well see though,  as of now i don't even know what the green light going amber even means :P  .. could be a voltage issue (hoping!)

TopherSho

Sigh.  There's no doubt now that the snow pump has failed.  It turns on bright yellow then orange and the car freaks out. 

Turned it off.  Now to see what they will do for the warranty.  I am super annoyed since I have an email stating it's fine.  My gut says the sales guy did not understand my questions.

But even if they honor the warranty I'm hosed.  I do not want to run 50% ..

And now if I want back in the 70% meth game I need a 100% meth pump and try to adapt it to the kit I have.

Now to wait for a reply from snow.  Left a voicemail was well

SHOdded

I hope they do honor the warranty.  Then you can put it up for sale, and get an Alky pump instead?

Anyhoo, sorry for your "loss".
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Gray Brick

The plastic push lines will start to leak in time due to 100% meth.

I went to a good 100% meth pump and went braided steel... no issues.
2013 Ecoboost Ford Flex
AJP Tune (ATP+2) in progress , Livernois HPFP, 3 Bar MAP, UPR Catch Can, 100% Methanol w/ braided steel lines, 3" Downpipes -->2.5" X-pipe --> 2.5" Magnaflow exhaust, 2.5" air inlets to each turbo with cone filter, Custom water to air intercooler with chiller
275/40-20 Front 315/35-20 Rear Tires
---12.419ET/112.43MPH @ 5150 lbs in the 1/4---

bpd1151

Snow hasn't been very good at honoring their warranties.

Cringe.

Happy Alky-Controls customer here.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

TopherSho

Quote from: bpd1151 on September 17, 2017, 01:38:40 AM
Snow hasn't been very good at honoring their warranties.

Cringe.

Happy Alky-Controls customer here.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

That's awesome ... Clearly I bought the wrong kit.

If the lines won't hold either the whole thing is useless.

ZSHO

I unfortunately had a feeling based on your last runs.
Did you purchase your kit through Snow Directly?
I hoping for a Speedy resolution on the matter @ hand. Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

StealBlueSho

So some quick research is showing if you want to replace the valves and diaphragm in that snow pump, you can run pure meth... the new valve/diaphragm is this one I believe?

http://www.pumpvendor.com/Shurflo_94-390-06.html

Chances are the valve/diaphragm got dissolved enough that its leaking and not able to build pressure so that part will need to be replaced anyway...

Then switch out the lines for braided without plastic fittings and you could be good to go... might be worth looking a Devils Own for fittings and lines...

I would get the pump model and call sureflo just to verify... it could be relatively inexpensive to convert your setup over to support 100 meth..

Good luck with getting them to work warranty with you! If you bought it from them you should be OK. If you purchase it for the less than the MSRP from another reseller they will not honor any warranty.

TopherSho

Quote from: StealBlueSho on September 17, 2017, 08:47:58 AM
So some quick research is showing if you want to replace the valves and diaphragm in that snow pump, you can run pure meth... the new valve/diaphragm is this one I believe?

http://www.pumpvendor.com/Shurflo_94-390-06.html

Chances are the valve/diaphragm got dissolved enough that its leaking and not able to build pressure so that part will need to be replaced anyway...

Then switch out the lines for braided without plastic fittings and you could be good to go... might be worth looking a Devils Own for fittings and lines...

I would get the pump model and call sureflo just to verify... it could be relatively inexpensive to convert your setup over to support 100 meth..

Good luck with getting them to work warranty with you! If you bought it from them you should be OK. If you purchase it for the less than the MSRP from another reseller they will not honor any warranty.

SBS you are amazing.  thank you for the information.  i will follow up on the thread when i hear back from snow.  if i can get a new pump i will take it and convert it if possible.

StealBlueSho

Did you get datalogs when it failed? I would say it's a testament to AJPTurbo's tune that your meth failed and your motor didn't pop!