• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

p0316 misfire

Started by FoshoMatt, August 20, 2017, 12:37:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Macgyver

5W20 Motor Oil ? .

My 2015 takes 5w30

As far as smells. It will take a bit for things to burn off. Look for leaks though just in case.

SHOdded

Make sure the fill cap and the dipstick tube are properly seated.  Also that the fill level is correct, definitely should not be overfilled.  You can always have them revisit the installation, possibly there is spillage from pre-installation that is burning off.

As to the 5W20, that is a good question.  If they transferred the cap from your old engine to the new one, better make sure.  2010 & part of 2011 used 5W20, IIRC.  From then on, 5W30 has been specified.  Another question for the dealership.

As for the sound, we would need a sound clip to say yea or nay :)
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

Still have two screws for the map sensor on Top of intake manifold .
Best of luck.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

When they switched to the 1 screw install, did they remove the bossing for the second screw as well?  I assume they transferred over all the "accessories" to the new engine.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

FWIW tried making the PIC a little brighter.  Z
To the OP whats the Date on the HPFP ? under the round foam?

I noticed the boost reference solenoid is loose and not fully seated,secured.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

FoshoMatt

I know they used the old intake manifold. And some things from the old engine. The coolest looked a little low when I got it back

FoshoMatt

Just one more question if anyone could answer. I wanted to get my tunes from livernois so after im done braking in the motor even tho some may say I dont have to now with newer cars. But I got the ECU SW and ECU strategy code and they didnt change. So my question is did they update my pcm and tcm? Cause im still having some problems with this car. It feels like it shifts really late or hesitant and im hearing a winey noise.

SHOdded

It is possible they updated the PCM, but unlikely about the TCM, since they were addressing an engine issue.  The whine could be transmission, PTU, or RDU.  Can you locate the noise to being in the front or the rear?  Do you feel like you have full power (for a stock SHO)?

FoshoMatt

Mmmm it feels really strong but I haven't done a wot yet. Maybe 75% throttle.  The whine does feels like it's coming from the trans I hear it inside the cabin pretty well.

SHOdded

could be a combination problem of course.  PTU is generally where whine sounds come from, apart from the turbo.  If the trans is whining, it needs a rebuild.  There are short term fixes, but it really needs to be taken apart and inspected.

Have you looked at the trans fluid?  Level, smell, and grittiness are the 3 factors to watch, as Mercon LV quickly turns brownish.

FoshoMatt

Well my brother took it to ford and they said the pcm and tcm is current update and synced.