• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

p0316 misfire

Started by FoshoMatt, August 20, 2017, 12:37:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FoshoMatt

Yeah I did the vta the rears are plug'ed

ZSHO

Quote from: FoshoMatt on August 20, 2017, 06:14:07 PM
Yeah I did the vta the rears are plug'ed
Please remove the plugs A.S.A.P because you would want to vent your BOV to atmosphere.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

FoshoMatt

IS that going to fix the misfire? Ive had no problems with that? Im not like Ive had that on for about 2 months maybe 3 and never had a problem. This just started out of nowhere

ZSHO

Quote from: FoshoMatt on August 20, 2017, 06:36:28 PM
IS that going to fix the misfire? Ive had no problems with that? Im not like Ive had that on for about 2 months maybe 3 and never had a problem. This just started out of nowhere
Do you hear your BOV functioning? PPFFFFFT Sound? if not that would be a good place to start. Z

BOV To VTA
https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,343.0.html

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

FoshoMatt

Yes it does make the noise

SHOdded

JB9 CHECK THE SECONDARY COIL RESISTANCE FOR THE MISSING CYLINDERS
Ignition OFF.
Suspect coil connector disconnected.
Measure resistance between: Suspect coil connector, IGN START/RUN, component side and ignition coil spring, located in the ignition coil boot.
Is the resistance between 5,000 and 6,000 ohms?

No 
INSTALL a new COP.

Clear the PCM DTCs. REPEAT the self-test. 
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

FoshoMatt

OKay will do that when I get home from work

FoshoMatt

Well heres a update: Took it to ford and the tech said he couldn't find any dtc's stored besides the cats codes a po420 and 430. He goes he feels it not running right because of the downpipes. I told him the code and he said its just a random misfire code. He would want it back stock with oem downpipes back on. I just feel like because this guy said he drove it and it didn't feel right. No Sh*t it didn't thats why I brought it in lol. He's not going to be able to work on it till next week cause its the weekend and off Friday. I just feel like he barley tried to see whats wrong with it. And just looked at it and saw downpipes and said he can't figure it out so I have to pay for a diagnostic fee until I put oem downpipes back on. So Im paying for a diagnostics fee and then if I bring it back I have to pay for another deductible

SHOdded

No way you have to pay for the same work twice.  Thats a load of BS.  Its a good thing u still have the oem dp's tho.

Did you check the coil resistances?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

FoshoMatt

I did not check the coil resistances unfortunately, I went there the same day and had a nice talk with the Service manager. He agrees and hes going to have the foreman of the shop take a look at it. when I talked to the service manager after work he agrees that having aftermarket downpipes isnt going to have a affect on a misfire. Talked to him about people tuning and he goes I dont care if you have a car tuned. Aslong as we get money from ford we will take care of ya. So the foreman didn't get to it on friday and or saturday cause they have cars backed up cause of the strike. The old tech said its not a dry misfire so the coil is good and coil packs and sparkplugs.

FoshoMatt

Well here's a sad update 25% loss in cylinder 6 and tech said it needs a new engine.

StealBlueSho

Quote from: FoshoMatt on August 28, 2017, 03:26:11 PM
Well here's a sad update 25% loss in cylinder 6 and tech said it needs a new engine.

Sorry to hear it! Hope your service manager takes care of you! Best of luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SHOdded

The hit parade just keeps on going!  X2 on they take care of you ...

FoshoMatt

Any tips you guys have so they can warranty it? I put stock downpipes back on tune is off and then the noise maker is broke and gone so I can't replace that. What should I say to convince them? Or just play stupid lol

SHOdded

If you and your service advisor don't have an "understanding", then it is best to roll over and play dumb.  I rarely go to a dealership for servicing my Edge, so I play dumb all the time, not that it's a stretch for me LOL.  But mainly be nice to the folks there, keep asking questions, but don't appear too smart, more like "oh really, how does that work, kinda lost me there" kinda questions?