• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Car shakes like crazy and makes rpms stop

Started by AdrianSHO, July 17, 2017, 02:29:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AdrianSHO

Hey guys I have basic bolt ons tune and meth kit I am having issues between 2k-3k rpms my car shakes like crazy and the rpms stops while it's shaking it's usually only a more harder throttle. Also I'm having more of a delayed throttle response as well! Please tell me if you guys have advice on what it might be or if you guys have experienced the same thing
2011 PP, intake, snow performance meth, 93 octane, 3 bar, plugs, custom tune by Torrie at unleashed

polskifacet

AEM Dryflo drop in. PP Transmission Cooler and thermostat. 160 tstat, 3 bar map, plugs, AJP 93 Tune, PP Shocks and Springs

SHOdded

When did you put on the meth, when did you get tuned for it, and how many revisions has Torrie done with the meth turned on?  Was the car running well before the meth was turned on?  Have you checked the PCM for codes?  Possibly the car shuts down and restarts (when tach goes to 0).

Usually it boils down to some issue with the meth installation/spray, so I would doublecheck that carefully.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

AdrianSHO

Quote from: SHOdded on July 17, 2017, 02:53:08 PM
When did you put on the meth, when did you get tuned for it, and how many revisions has Torrie done with the meth turned on?  Was the car running well before the meth was turned on?  Have you checked the PCM for codes?  Possibly the car shuts down and restarts (when tach goes to 0).

Usually it boils down to some issue with the meth installation/spray, so I would doublecheck that carefully.

It was about a year ago and yeah it was running good before and yeah they are generic codes that say cold timing over retarded bank 1
2011 PP, intake, snow performance meth, 93 octane, 3 bar, plugs, custom tune by Torrie at unleashed

SHOdded

That would most likely be a VCT solenoid on Bank 1.  Sometimes it is a pin in the wiring loom that has come loose.  Hopefully that is as deep as the problem goes.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

AdrianSHO

Quote from: SHOdded on July 17, 2017, 06:50:15 PM
That would most likely be a VCT solenoid on Bank 1.  Sometimes it is a pin in the wiring loom that has come loose.  Hopefully that is as deep as the problem goes.
Is there a way of telling if it's gone bad

ZSHO

Its sometimes an intermittent issue which can be checked with a multi-meter and see if this helps any. Z

http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,5280.msg84610.html#msg84610

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

AdrianSHO

SHOdded

This is pointing to a wiring issue, p0020 being the cause and p0052 the result.  But if no short is found in the wiring to the solenoid, then likely the solenoid itself is at fault.

AdrianSHO

Quote from: SHOdded on July 18, 2017, 01:18:16 PM
This is pointing to a wiring issue, p0020 being the cause and p0052 the result.  But if no short is found in the wiring to the solenoid, then likely the solenoid itself is at fault.
Thank you I'll check it out today!

SHOdded