• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

0 to 60

Started by MKspool, May 18, 2017, 02:15:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MKspool

What should a '14 MKS with a 93p and a 3bar run?
2014 MKS | 3 bar 93p Torrie tuned | Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ |

dubcitySHO

I would say anywheres from 3.9x with IDEAL conditions and race prepped (weight redux, 1/4 tank fuel or less, hotter tune, etc) to 4.5x in full street guise.

2018 Magnetic Metallic F-150 XLT FX4 SCrew, 20% 3M Tint, Currently researching reputable F-150 tuners....

TopherSho

Quote from: MKspool on May 18, 2017, 02:15:48 AM
What should a '14 MKS with a 93p and a 3bar run?

Depends greatly on your mods and launch style.   I am running JUST a 3-bar, pump-92 and .28 gapped plugs on a AJPTurbo tune and I am just now getting 4.5x-4.6x on non-prepped full street on a 2k launch. (but it ruins my 1/4 mile to launch @ 2k) 

If i did the downpipes and catback I *know* i'd gain another 150 milliseconds and maybe a hair more or so on pump gas.
If i went further and did a e20/e30 tune I'd gain another 150-200 milliseconds on top of that depending on atmosphereic conditions, elevation and tires.

Others here run e20/e30 + METH spray with downpipes+catback and can pull anywhere from 3.8x-4.1x with a hard 2k launch.

the mods 100% make the car beyond the initial gains from the tune.   and the tune also plays a big role. 

Depending on your lifestyle you may want a safer tune, that will make your 0-60 slower, but keep you from fuel shortages, bad knock and super hard shifts that will reduce the life of your PTU and connected bits.

if your more aggressive you can run some vendors tunes that pretty much go balls out 24x7.  but you will eventually cause wear and damage.

the warranty can also have a great impact on your cars speed.  I have a 4 year 100k all included warranty on my 50k mile SHO.  so i CANT install downpipes and catbacks because the dealership here is supper sphincter tight and would invalidate any claims due to being modded.  so i run only the 3bar i can swap on the side of the road and the tune. thus I get to run slower.

Before you pull the plastic i'd find a shop that will work on your car despite being modded if possible to keep you warranty intact.  if the shops wont make a gentleman's agreement on that you might be limited in mods until it runs out... or you risk it.

2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi
Best 0-60 public road 4.35s
Best 1/4 of 12.61 no DA correction

MKspool

OK, just checking. After a few datalogs with the x4 they all consistently calculated to around 4.7 to 5.1 which doesn't seem accurate to me.

How accurate is the x4 when you use speed + mph to calculate 0 to 60?

The tune feels aggressive but the shifts are never harsh. At WOT they're even smoother. Now I did have some knock at first but I blame it on winter gas and a combination of my oil shearing down. I've used mobil one for over 10 years with no issues, but I've moved to royal purple plus they make it right down the road. I'll say mobil can't handle the turbos past 5k.

PTU oil looks great after multiple launches with royal. It was still purple at 5k.
Plugs are at. 28. Pipes, Meth, and many upgrades are on the way. I'm willing to sell my boat to make this the worlds fastest mks lol.

I'll be posting my progress!

TopherSho

What are your mods?

My SHO when I do not launch at 2k is exactly where you are.  Consistent 4.7-4.8 and higher as the intake manifold gets hotter.

Post a log and include your mods in your sig and others can review your setup and give pointers

2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi

TopherSho

For *my car* I found the SCT logs to be very accurate for determining 0-60 and 0-100 and estimate my 1/4 mile

Excessive wheel hop will throw of the SCT times though

MKspool

I see... I'll be doing a log tomorrow morning for Torrie, I'll post it up then. Hopefully this is the first conservative revision.

f8tlSHO

Quote from: MKspool on May 18, 2017, 02:33:59 PM
OK, just checking. After a few datalogs with the x4 they all consistently calculated to around 4.7 to 5.1 which doesn't seem accurate to me.

How accurate is the x4 when you use speed + mph to calculate 0 to 60?

The tune feels aggressive but the shifts are never harsh. At WOT they're even smoother. Now I did have some knock at first but I blame it on winter gas and a combination of my oil shearing down. I've used mobil one for over 10 years with no issues, but I've moved to royal purple plus they make it right down the road. I'll say mobil can't handle the turbos past 5k.

PTU oil looks great after multiple launches with royal. It was still purple at 5k.
Plugs are at. 28. Pipes, Meth, and many upgrades are on the way. I'm willing to sell my boat to make this the worlds fastest mks lol.

I'll be posting my progress!
I feel using logs is most accurate... with the calculator I got 3.8 0-60 with logs 4.4 using a log from my 12.4 run and my 12.4 timeslips to calc the 3.8

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2013 Non PP Unleashed 93 E20 3 Bar Tune, K&N drop in 12.491 @ 110.96 120's IAT
Now tuned by ajp...looking to go faster
E30 tune on14psi full weight including 2 child seats,race like a real street car.
12.433 @110.8 140's IAT; Mustang Dyno 332hp / 386tq

TSS

I agree with the 3.9XX being attainable in ideal conditions. I can hit that with my 2010 MKS .  3.94 to be exact.  I don't do anything special or any weight reduction beyond not testing right after I fill the car up. LOL

Are you getting any wheel slippage? I would hit 5.2 stock - perhaps you are getting wheel spin?  How fresh is the rubber?

I just a 3 bar 4X PLUS (with soft shift 1-2) 93 octane tune.....
2010 Steel Blue Metallic MKS Ecoboost: LME 3-Bar Tuned; tint; 20" Factory rims Permachromed

2017 Summit White Buick Envision Premium AWD 2.0 Turbo
2017 Silver Cadillac XTS V-Sport Platinum  3.6 Twin Turbo; LME tuned.

TopherSho

Quote from: TSS on May 19, 2017, 03:28:38 PM
I agree with the 3.9XX being attainable in ideal conditions. I can hit that with my 2010 MKS .  3.94 to be exact.  I don't do anything special or any weight reduction beyond not testing right after I fill the car up. LOL

Are you getting any wheel slippage? I would hit 5.2 stock - perhaps you are getting wheel spin?  How fresh is the rubber?

3.9x is crazy fast for only a 3bar!

MKspool

Quote from: TopherSho on May 19, 2017, 04:57:21 PM

Michelin pilot sport a/s 3+ less than 5000 miles

I get a little chirp at launch, I do see that I'm losing a few tenths at 9.38mph where it drops down almost to 8.5mph.
The fuel pump percentage also drops dramatically.

I can evaluate these numbers and see where the losses are but maybe someone can tell me why?

This also happens again at 43mph.

I'll attach a log for review, I sent it in to Torrie and was told it wouldn't be revised based on the knock rates. You'll have to zoom out quite a bit to see the individual launches.

StealBlueSho

Yup, every run the knock sensor is pulling timing due to knock conditions.... are you running the correct octane gas? Could be a really bad tank of gas as well....

TSS

Quote from: TopherSho on May 19, 2017, 04:57:21 PM

Agree. There are 2 of us who had/have  2010 MKS' running those numbers with the same 3 bar tune (Brucelinc and me).   Bruce has a Conti now.  Bruce's MKS was actually a tad faster than mine...... 

2010 Steel Blue Metallic MKS Ecoboost: LME 3-Bar Tuned; tint; 20" Factory rims Permachromed

2017 Summit White Buick Envision Premium AWD 2.0 Turbo
2017 Silver Cadillac XTS V-Sport Platinum  3.6 Twin Turbo; LME tuned.

AJP turbo

Couple weird things I see in the log....You are commanding almost 15 psi but yet you are barely getting that even on your boost spikes...and your boost is tapering very badly down to less than 10 psi I even saw about 9.2 psi at redline. That's even more weird because your wastegate duty cycle is pegged at 100% in places....You should have no problem exceeding 20 psi with that kind of duty cycle.

I don't think there is anything wrong but I suspect it's because how the wastegate settings are in your tune but there is no way for me to verify that.

I also think you 0-60 times are hurting because you never really reach very high boost and it tapers....When spooling up you normally see the ECU overshoot the boost targets which isn't bad because it's gets these big pigs moving but when your boost tapers to 9 psi in 1st and 2nd gear it's not surprising to me that you are satisfied with yoru 0-60

What is the elevation where you live?
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

f8tlSHO

Quote from: AJP turbo on May 22, 2017, 12:54:55 PM
Couple weird things I see in the log....You are commanding almost 15 psi but yet you are barely getting that even on your boost spikes...and your boost is tapering very badly down to less than 10 psi I even saw about 9.2 psi at redline. That's even more weird because your wastegate duty cycle is pegged at 100% in places....You should have no problem exceeding 20 psi with that kind of duty cycle.

I don't think there is anything wrong but I suspect it's because how the wastegate settings are in your tune but there is no way for me to verify that.

I also think you 0-60 times are hurting because you never really reach very high boost and it tapers....When spooling up you normally see the ECU overshoot the boost targets which isn't bad because it's gets these big pigs moving but when your boost tapers to 9 psi in 1st and 2nd gear it's not surprising to me that you are satisfied with yoru 0-60
Boost leak possibly? That's what it sounds like to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2013 Non PP Unleashed 93 E20 3 Bar Tune, K&N drop in 12.491 @ 110.96 120's IAT
Now tuned by ajp...looking to go faster
E30 tune on14psi full weight including 2 child seats,race like a real street car.
12.433 @110.8 140's IAT; Mustang Dyno 332hp / 386tq