• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Engine has to come out, No Compression on No 2 Cyl

Started by irondoor19, April 13, 2017, 01:44:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irondoor19

Ok:

So the motor is coming out, No. 2 Cyl NO Compression,

Yea, should have double checked the Compression again..
before installing New Turbo Upgrade, and all other mods
Glad business is slow, otherwise it might take another 8 Months ... :(

I will be removing my 2011 Handle till we get this thing running,

If anyone needs a procedure on Anything in the Engine Bay on the

"Way Back In" let me know, ...Pics upside Down, Cause that's how i feel...
2010 Lincoln MKS, BONE Stock for Now, 2014 3.7L Police, Drop IN K&N,

pmezo33

Zero compression in cylinder 2 or is it just low?  What are the other cylinders firing at?

Did i miss an earlier thread where something failed?  What happened?

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

polskifacet

My first motor also died with no compression on cyl #2. Check the head as mine was also cracked.
AEM Dryflo drop in. PP Transmission Cooler and thermostat. 160 tstat, 3 bar map, plugs, AJP 93 Tune, PP Shocks and Springs

lamrith

Quote from: polskifacet on April 13, 2017, 04:11:42 PM
My first motor also died with no compression on cyl #2. Check the head as mine was also cracked.
Was a root cause of that failure determined?
'13 Sho PP, SCT x4, AJP 92-Octane rev6 (14psi&20spark) NGK 6510, 3Bar, K&N CAI, PPE Catted DP, Dynomax Axleback, 20*9.5 Voxx Lago w/ 275/40-20 GMAX AS-05.

polskifacet

Quote from: lamrith on April 13, 2017, 04:21:21 PM
Quote from: polskifacet on April 13, 2017, 04:11:42 PM
Was a root cause of that failure determined?
No I ended up getting it replaced under extended warranty. They didn't go into detail, just said long block got approved.
AEM Dryflo drop in. PP Transmission Cooler and thermostat. 160 tstat, 3 bar map, plugs, AJP 93 Tune, PP Shocks and Springs

SHOdded

Probably a broken piston land or cracked block.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

irondoor19

Sorry:

All Other cylinders were 175 to 180..

0 Compression on No 2.

Blowing a ton of smoke out the exhaust,

we will see Next week when we get it out.....Here is my original OOPS...

http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,6320.msg98560.html#msg98560

AND first time (Back in June last year) Compression Check on  No 2 was 170 PSI...?
2010 Lincoln MKS, BONE Stock for Now, 2014 3.7L Police, Drop IN K&N,

pmezo33

Sounds like the other cylinders are firing correctly then.  I don't know normal compression numbers for the engines, but 175-180 across the board minus your bad one sounds pretty good.  You're just going to have to pull the head and see what's going on inside there.  Keep us updated.

Did you just wake up one morning and you had one cylinder that wasn't firing?  No overheating or anything?  No loss of oil?

ZSHO

That really sucks brother and hope you get her running better than ever in no time and keep us updated.  Z
175-180 is real good.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|