• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Datalog time comparisons

Started by Colorado-SHOBro, February 04, 2017, 12:11:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colorado-SHOBro

I got a little curious the other day and figured i'd compare one of my current 0-100 log times to 0-100 time of my best 1/4 mile run of 13.4@103. I was a little surprised by the results. I'm showing the current 0-100 time as 9/10th's quicker.  :o Logs attached.

i know the resolution on the X4 is extremely high . . so reason should have it that 0-60/0-100 times should be pretty darn accurate right?

Both logs are 91 octane(the 1/4mile log had some 100octane added so if anything it should have the advantage)
Really the only "mod" that's been done is i've added the wastegate boost regulator and throttle now stays open during upshifts. Other than that there's been some tuning revisions but nothing drastic. Maybe an additional 1-2* timing. Boost levels the same and i've also learned to launch the car quite a bit better.

0-60 time on the 1/4 log was 5.078 and current log is 4.821
0-100 time on the 1/4 mile time was 12.6 and current log is 11.714
Car does feel faster and all changes were made one at a time little by little so maybe it's picked up more power than i initially felt but it takes a lot to drop even a few tenths in the 1/4 mile much less a full second. so i'm trying to make sense of these times on the logs before i get my hopes up too much. Maybe i'm overlooking something critical and shouldn't be taking them at face value.

Current 0-100 log was done on a flat strip of road and tires/wheels are the same minus a little tread wear.

And FYI the DA at the time of the 1/4 pass was 6200ft if any of these times seem slow to you.

Curious what other's 0-60/0-100 times are also.
11' SHO Tuxedo Metallic black-non PP | Highly sophisticated high altitude custom AJP Turbo E30 3Bar tune w/Wastegate mod | Cat'd ceramic PPE downpipes |170 stat| SP542 plugs .028 | PP trans cooler | H&R springs | RX catch can

12.8@108 @ 6,000ft DA.

FoMoCoSHO

I was reading on the ST forums that keeping the throttle open had a pretty positive result on the dyno.

IIRC it was like 30HP

f8tlSHO

This is funny, I just did this yesterday.. on my fastest 12.4 run 93 octane e20 tune I had a 4.4 0-60..didn't look at 0-100

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2013 Non PP Unleashed 93 E20 3 Bar Tune, K&N drop in 12.491 @ 110.96 120's IAT
Now tuned by ajp...looking to go faster
E30 tune on14psi full weight including 2 child seats,race like a real street car.
12.433 @110.8 140's IAT; Mustang Dyno 332hp / 386tq

StealBlueSho

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on February 04, 2017, 12:15:54 PM
I was reading on the ST forums that keeping the throttle open had a pretty positive result on the dyno.

IIRC it was like 30HP

Correct, I posted a link to that somewhere... it wasn't additional peak, but under the curve was improved.

There are pros and cons to having the throttle control torque output... in autocross using the throttle to curb output has shown the ability to prespool the turbo...

I believe the consensus is that for a straight 1/4 mile run, the ability to leave the throttle open has shown improvements.

I have also read that the TB is designed bigger to accommodate using it to control airflow for demanded torque..

In any event, Torrie only uses open throttle, LMS utilizes the throttle to control output, and AJP does both...

To the OP, I use the SCTx4 for 0-N calculations as well, I find it more accurate to open the CSV file in excel to do the math.. as livelink is not 100%.

StealBlueSho

Best I was able to get was 4.0 0-60 using the SCT output... and I was spinning in first... that was with AJP...

4.1 with LMS...

FoMoCoSHO

Damn, I need this mod.

AJP has been stingy with the power lately....

:D

StealBlueSho

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on February 04, 2017, 12:30:23 PM
Damn, I need this mod.

It's a good mod, but it does put more stress on the turbos as they are fighting a self created boost leak... I have run it both ways... I like the responsiveness of the throttle open...

I enjoy the fail safe and cooler IATs of the throttle controlled..

Wish there was a away to have both on demand!!!

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: StealBlueSho on February 04, 2017, 12:33:08 PM
Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on February 04, 2017, 12:30:23 PM
Damn, I need this mod.

It's a good mod, but it does put more stress on the turbos as they are fighting a self created boost leak... I have run it both ways... I like the responsiveness of the throttle open...

I enjoy the fail safe and cooler IATs of the throttle controlled..

Wish there was a away to have both on demand!!!

Damn you and your "voice of reason"!

lol...

Colorado-SHOBro

Quote from: StealBlueSho on February 04, 2017, 12:28:01 PM
Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on February 04, 2017, 12:15:54 PM

IIRC it was like 30HP

Correct, I posted a link to that somewhere... it wasn't additional peak, but under the curve was improved.

There are pros and cons to having the throttle control torque output... in autocross using the throttle to curb output has shown the ability to prespool the turbo...

I believe the consensus is that for a straight 1/4 mile run, the ability to leave the throttle open has shown improvements.

I have also read that the TB is designed bigger to accommodate using it to control airflow for demanded torque..

In any event, Torrie only uses open throttle, LMS utilizes the throttle to control output, and AJP does both...

To the OP, I use the SCTx4 for 0-N calculations as well, I find it more accurate to open the CSV file in excel to do the math.. as livelink is not 100%.

As in open in excel and use the Time(sec) column for calculations? That is what i did to get the stated times.
11' SHO Tuxedo Metallic black-non PP | Highly sophisticated high altitude custom AJP Turbo E30 3Bar tune w/Wastegate mod | Cat'd ceramic PPE downpipes |170 stat| SP542 plugs .028 | PP trans cooler | H&R springs | RX catch can

12.8@108 @ 6,000ft DA.

StealBlueSho

Yup, I copy over the column with the time stamps next to the mph...

You didn't state what you were doing to get the items, just thought I would share how I got mine...

Colorado-SHOBro

Quote from: StealBlueSho on February 04, 2017, 12:43:26 PM
Yup, I copy over the column with the time stamps next to the mph...

You didn't state what you were doing to get the items, just thought I would share how I got mine...

Thanks for the clarity check. Also, would you mind posting some of your 0-60 logs? curious to see others. Nobody ever posts logs of a dig pull.

12.8@108 @ 6,000ft DA.

StealBlueSho

Yea let find them... the 4.0 times and 4.1 where brake boosting... launch around 1800rpms..

With AJP tunes I get a ton of wheel spin and then I spin on the 1st to 2nd shift... at a track with treatment I am thinking I should be able to pull a sub 4.0 0-60...

Colorado-SHOBro

Quote from: StealBlueSho on February 04, 2017, 12:50:03 PM
Yea let find them... the 4.0 times and 4.1 where brake boosting... launch around 1800rpms..

With AJP tunes I get a ton of wheel spin and then I spin on the 1st to 2nd shift... at a track with treatment I am thinking I should be able to pull a sub 4.0 0-60...

That's another reason i would like to see others logs of brake boosting. I don't know if it's another effect of my altitude or it's something particular to my car but i have to brake boost from 2300-2500rpm to get this thing to feel strong off the line and even then i rarely get wheel spin. In fact in the latest revision Brad commanded more torque converter slip so it would be easier for the brakes to hold the car back at higher rpm.

12.8@108 @ 6,000ft DA.

StealBlueSho

Quote from: Colorado-SHOBro on February 04, 2017, 12:59:56 PM
Quote from: StealBlueSho on February 04, 2017, 12:50:03 PM

That's another reason i would like to see others logs of brake boosting. I don't know if it's another effect of my altitude or it's something particular to my car but i have to brake boost from 2300-2500rpm to get this thing to feel strong off the line and even then i rarely get wheel spin. In fact in the latest revision Brad commanded more torque converter slip so it would be easier for the brakes to hold the car back at higher rpm.

Air is thin a mile or more above sea level.... 100% the reason...