• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

2016 sho sct tunning issues

Started by SHOurpp, December 27, 2016, 04:10:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOurpp

im not sure if sct has released anything this whole year that helps me tune this car.it seem like they are way behind in updates.
anyway

for whatever reason
AFR BANK ONE in my car is intermittent.i can drive  20 miles without it ever reading, park the car, come back out 10 min later and its now working and reading= wt f
this is of course after it was working the night before and a brand new flash.
checked for leaks around both d/ps and all 4 sensors- none- all 4 sensors plugged in- none rubbing/bent or twisted under the car.????

bank 2 sensor 1- doesn't read at all-period- but it knows cat temperature OF 700 degrees???
no other pid tables will it read on that sensor at all.
more confusion
short term fuel trim is fine

car wot is set for .80 Target but third gear starts going .90-100 even though ive commanded not to lean out???

any insight would be profound thanks

duel 3 inch cat less down pipes
sct x4- as a scanner/logger only
3 bar map
hp tuners
both bovs vta

AJP turbo

I would say your car has been tuneable for a while....i think you are reaching at this point in thinking sct is your problem

Based on what you say its hard to even tell for sure if you even have a problem or if there is a mechanical problem you are all over the map.

Could you be mis interpreting the readings?

Any other symptoms?

Programming on these isnt always simple so if your change doesnt give what is expected its quite possible you missed something rather than a lack of functionality
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

SHOurpp

Any other symptoms?no -

intermittent Afr bank 1- cant continue without a solid working one.
- why isn't it working? do these things fail in 4000 miles
has anyone else had this?

bank 2 doesn't read at all - self explanatory -only reads cat temp on cat less down pipes
why?

this isn't tuning- this is why isn't it reading
3 bar map
hp tuners
both bovs vta

AJP turbo

You should post a log of a good WOT pull with enough items to adequately show the sensors in question...Your posts are way to vague for people to help you.

Just a wild guess on my part but you have a new SHO that would seem unlikely to me that you are having all the issues you think you are having.

Have you begun to spray your meth yet that you spoke of before and have you done much wiring? You were also having problems with your flashing...I'm starting to wonder if they could be related

405whp/520tq
Dyno

Tuning in progress

SHOdded

I agree, revert to stock and evaluate.  Then list all the mods you have made (hardware) and evaluate with a canned tune.  But if you have a meth kit installed, a canned tune will not work anyway.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SHOurpp

okay lets clear the mud:no meth yet- 2 bar stock map.
sct doesn't support 2016 sho cars- thats direct from scts mouth on the second lock up.
if you scan the x4 box for compatibility -there is none.

unless you use 2013-2014 strategy and tune from there(not giving away any tuners secrets)-THERE IS NO 2015-2016 SUPPORT
there is no value files,no dmr list for 2016-
its such fun going back to 2014  to read the descriptions of what your changing-
sct live link has no updates for 2016, no descriptions or dmr period.
yes you can tune the car-but is it giving you what you need to do it right - hardly

back to stock-pay attention here.
tuners and non tuners welcome to reply- im not a dealer/tuner

lams bank 1 and 2 are copies of each other exactly.
does the car not use bank 2 like the f-150?my car has no reading on bank 2 on its own.
cat temps are identical copies on bank 1 and 2.
measured afr only works on bank 1
ltft is 0 on both banks
afr bank 2 is o- it doesn't read
stftr reads identical as bank 1

(unless you tune yourself im not expecting  any answers you will not know what im talking about)
3 bar map
hp tuners
both bovs vta

AJP turbo

There is no problem tuning 2015 or 2016 sho's

Everything is there to tune those

The only thing sct means by no support is that there are no canned tunes that available nor can you buy an x4 with pre-loaded tunes

The customer service rep was ill informed and mis spoke

What version of live link are you using?

405whp/520tq
Dyno

Tuning in progress

derfdog15

Quote from: AJP turbo on December 29, 2016, 09:51:15 PM
There is no problem tuning 2015 or 2016 sho's

Everything is there to tune those

The only thing sct means by no support is that they no canned tunes that available nor can you buy an x4 with pre-loaded tunes

The customer service rep was ill informed and mis spoke

What version of live link are you using?

2015 AJP tuned chiming in. No issues tuning my car, the strategy is supported etc. Like I told you a long long time ago, 13+ does not have canned tune support, you need a good custom tune.

Banks 1 and 2 are not copies of each other on my car, if they were copies, ford would not have spent time/money to  put in sensors on bank 2. It seems you may still be having bad flashes/issues flashing a tune, possibly even something going on with your ECU, or issues with hardware install, but not saying any of that is the case, just possibilities from what I have seen.
2015 Tuxedo Black SHO PP -(SAE corrected): 369.4/451.4 - Gone to the automotive graveyard but not forgotten

2016 F150 FX4 Sport - 3.5L V6 Ecoboost - Stock for now

2003 Redfire V6 Mustang - Building to be an 11 second car

SHOurpp

live link version?-since i just downloaded it last month -hopefully the latest?? ill get back to you ajp

i also have a code 2251 that just showed up- bank or fuel related- im sure

ill post my stock log showing more
3 bar map
hp tuners
both bovs vta

SHOurpp

It seems you may still be having bad flashes/issues flashing a tune, possibly even something going on with your ECU, or issues with hardware install, but not saying any of that is the case, just possibilities from what I have seen.

its not reading BANK 2 STOCK
3 bar map
hp tuners
both bovs vta

AJP turbo

Post whatever log/tune is showing what you are describing.

Open livelink and look in the top left of the screen..It will show the version

405whp/520tq
Dyno

Tuning in progress

AJP turbo

That dtc is a wiring problem it seems...So being that you did downpipes it doesn't seem impossible that something happened to the wires and or the sensors.....And it's really starting to seem like you may have electrical gremlins being that you had a lot of difficulty with the flashing and now this

I wouldn't even attempt throwing a tune back on until you can make a good log with the stock tune.

Senor 1 of both banks should display readings and LAMBSE for both banks should display the same

You can believe it or not the choice is your's but I assure you there is complete tune ability for your SHO.

Value files from SCT are only values that SCT puts in their software for tuners to use if they want and quite honestly I don't care to use any of them for the SHO...Some are good some are not.

But even if there are none available the tuner is free to make any changes to the tune they want as long as the strategy is available...And obviously if you have flashed a tune then your strategy is available.

You can not flash another strategy to an ECU that is different...You can copy values from a different strategy and import them to your strategy but that can also cause lockups with the flash...I say that because you mentioned that you were using 2013/14 values...Something to think about maybe

405whp/520tq
Dyno

Tuning in progress

AJP turbo

Any updates on this?...logs? Livelink version?

405whp/520tq
Dyno

Tuning in progress

AJP turbo

Quote from: SHOurpp on December 29, 2016, 09:34:02 PM

unless you use 2013-2014 strategy and tune from there(not giving away any tuners secrets)-THERE IS NO 2015-2016 SUPPORT

You dont have the same software the dealers have so there aren't really any secrets you can give away.

2017 strategies are added daily as they are requested...the 2015-2016 strategies are becoming old news at this point

405whp/520tq
Dyno

Tuning in progress

SHOurpp

im buying a new oxygen sensor for front cylinders  per code 2251
bank 2 sensor 1- front of car-wires routed to the cooling fans(i believe thats the right one) correct me if im wrong here please.
if ajp is right and the wires got pinched or pulled on the down pipes ,the stft and ltft will default to the working sensor.
thats why they are copies of each other; it throws code because afr isn't reading right

i looked at the canned tune for 2013 and 14
the only fueling change made by sct was lowering the temp so the engine would  go open/closed loop faster.

3 bar map
hp tuners
both bovs vta