• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

2016 sho sct tunning issues

Started by SHOurpp, December 27, 2016, 04:10:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOurpp

Quote from: AJP turbo on December 31, 2016, 01:22:34 PM
Quote from: SHOurpp on December 29, 2016, 09:34:02 PM

unless you use 2013-2014 strategy and tune from there(not giving away any tuners secrets)-THERE IS NO 2015-2016 SUPPORT

You dont have the same software the dealers have so there aren't really any secrets you can give away.

2017 strategies are added daily as they are requested...the 2015-2016 strategies are becoming old news at this point
just a shame they haven't added dmr or value files for 2 years
duel 3 inch cat less down pipes
sct x4- as a scanner/logger only
3 bar map
hp tuners
both bovs vta

AJP turbo

Not much has changed for 2015-2016 ...there are only 2 main families of tunes for the SHO
2010-2012 and 3013+

Everything thing for 2013+ is about the same....doesnt matter if you have 2010-2012 or 2013+ every strategy has small differences

You never listed what version of live link you are running...there are plenty of 2015 ive seen that log dmr's

I think for 2013+ all the direct memory read(DMR) addresses are the same
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

SHOurpp

3 bar map
hp tuners
both bovs vta

AJP turbo

Your car is all sorts of jacked up at the moment.

Your DTC is for bank 1 and it's your bank 2 that seems to be the main culprit possibly....Your bank 2 measured afr doesn't read at all. That, I think is causing your car to kick into some mode where it's using bank 1 for fuel corrections which is why your stft's are identical. But even your stft's are not reading all the time which is even more weird.

You say you are commanding .80 at WOT....You have not done any fuel tuning...Your target actually changes from 1.00 down to .71...And it looks to be the stock fuel curve to me...Your desired TIP is all over the place too meaning that your commanded boost is ALL over the place

If you think you are commanding .80 lambda you have done it wrong. Look at LAMBSE that is what you are commanding.

If your sensors are good then you have serious electrical and wiring problems . IF your sensors are bad then that might explains some things. But the DTC you had 2251 is an electrical or wiring problem and not a bad component.

And the other flashing problems that caused your ECU to lock up also tell me you have electrical problems....You mentioned you had devices hardwired to the car, you have to be really careful with new cars...Maybe you have interference or are getting feedback into the HS canbus or MS canbus which would screw things terribly.

Look at your torque source too...You are getting 1 at WOT. The measured torque is getting truncated which means the ECU is not even seeing or outputting the correct amount of torque which means other actions are interpreting correctly.

Your throttle is never fully opening when you are at WOT it's like half open.

I would replace both primary 02 sensors and strip the car of your hardwired devices and do some logging....But your car is a 2016 so if your 02 sensors are bad you really mangled them on your downpipe install, which makes me thing you have a wiring problem or injected electrical interference into the ECU/canbus/OBD

405whp/520tq
Dyno

Tuning in progress

MiWiAu

Some good input (as always) from AJP Turbo.

Subscribed for future updates and learnings...

:popcorn:
2013 XSport

SHOurpp

Quote from: MiWiAu on January 01, 2017, 11:46:30 PM

except from the part where hes overlooking its stock and i havnet commanded anything...
3 bar map
hp tuners
both bovs vta

MiWiAu

Quote from: SHOurpp on January 02, 2017, 11:33:00 AM
Quote from: MiWiAu on January 01, 2017, 11:46:30 PM

except from the part where hes overlooking its stock and i havnet commanded anything...

LOL. I missed that, too, honestly. The suggestion to replace sensors and remove/disconnect hard wired components still make sense, though.

What sort of electronic add-ons have you done? Did you end up tapping any existing wiring, or were new power/ground circuits run for any aftermarket wiring?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2013 XSport

SHOurpp

Quote from: SHOurpp on January 01, 2017, 11:45:02 AM
if ajp is right and the wires got pinched or pulled on the down pipes ,the stft and ltft will default to the working sensor.
thats why they are copies of each other; it throws code because afr isn't reading right

the sensors are perfect-the wires are perfect- there are no leaks anywhere.
im just buying a sensor to test the mechanical theory i stated on page one
i have only a radar detector installed professionally by the stereo-shop - i doubt it has any interference with the car and  can be unplugged to prove this theory.
ill look at post from AJP to try to fix this issue as well.
3 bar map
hp tuners
both bovs vta

AJP turbo

Quote from: SHOurpp on December 27, 2016, 04:10:32 PM

car wot is set for .80 Target but third gear starts going .90-100 even though ive commanded not to lean out???

This is where i got the info from....so i dont think i missed anything ...dont you remember what you posted? I did

Did you look up what the code means that you threw?..doesnt have to do with afr it has to do with wiring.

https://www.yourmechanic.com/article/p2251-obd-ii-trouble-code-o2-sensor-negative-current-control-circuit-open-bank-1-sensor-1-by-jay-safford

405whp/520tq
Dyno

Tuning in progress

AJP turbo

Professional stereo shops do bonehead things all the time same as dealership mechanics that you pay 90$/hr for

Sometimes they grab power from the easiest and first thing they can

405whp/520tq
Dyno

Tuning in progress

MiWiAu

Quote from: AJP turbo on January 02, 2017, 12:23:25 PM

car wot is set for .80 Target but third gear starts going .90-100 even though ive commanded not to lean out???

This is where i got the info from....so i dont think i missed anything ...dont you remember what you posted? I did

Touché. I didn't remember what he posted. :)  I've been trying to read more posts, and now I seem to forget things as soon as I read them or they all blend together.

Brad, I bet if you went into the food service industry, you'd be like one of those waiters that can take an order from a party of 20, never write any of it down, and still get everything right. Except, I still don't live in Utah. LOL

Quote from: AJP turbo on January 02, 2017, 12:37:00 PM
Professional stereo shops do bonehead things all the time same as dealership mechanics that you pay 90$/hr for

Sometimes they grab power from the easiest and first thing they can

Ain't that the truth. In my past life, I did low voltage system and wire harness design for off highway construction equipment. Nowadays, I wouldn't even let someone rewire my toaster. Haha

I still remember, probably 16 years ago now, I went into Best Buy to get some bass blockers for some 3.5" car speakers, and they sent me back to the install bay to get them. When I got back there, nobody was in the shop. I went out the back door as one of the "professionals" took off like a bat out of hell down the back alley in a customer's Corvette while a couple other guys watched.

On second thought, maybe they were being thorough and were data logging some WOT runs to make sure the radar they installed wasn't causing any problems. ;) j/k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2013 XSport

AJP turbo

Yeah even people that are so called professionals are just doing what they have to until 5:00 then its time to go home

Yeah i dont know why i kept thinking Utah lol i got flooded with people from Utah Colorado and Wyoming and some had the same names....im always trying to correlate forum avatars to people's names

405whp/520tq
Dyno

Tuning in progress

StealBlueSho

I say burn the f!cking thing to ground and call insurance... Say that stupid radar detector shorted... Get a new SHO... Problem fixed..

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

SHOurpp

Quote from: AJP turbo on January 02, 2017, 12:23:25 PM

Did you look up what the code means that you threw?..doesnt have to do with afr it has to do with wiring.

https://www.yourmechanic.com/article/p2251-obd-ii-trouble-code-o2-sensor-negative-current-control-circuit-open-bank-1-sensor-1-by-jay-safford

that was back before i told everyone  the banks were exact copies and the sensor isn't working remember in bold?
Quote from: SHOurpp on January 01, 2017, 08:51:47 PM
here is the log - stock reading
exactly what i posted its right there /\
even the file says stock - we are beyond that now

your a great help and resource, but seem quick to judge
3 bar map
hp tuners
both bovs vta

StealBlueSho

Quote from: SHOurpp on January 01, 2017, 08:51:47 PM
here is the log - stock reading
exactly what i posted its right there /\
even the file says stock - we are beyond that now

your a great help and resource, but seem quick to judge
[/quote]

He is actually quite reformed at this point....

You should search his older responses...

Although I am sure if you keep poking the bear he will return to form in no time...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk