• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

New Mycal for 2010 SHO (Updated)

Started by SoCalSHO, July 24, 2013, 12:45:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SoCalSHO

Received my tuner on Monday, got my tunes about 60 minutes ago. Loaded up the tuner, then loaded up the car with 4+. Drove around the block, all seems strong. Looking forward to the drive to work tomorrow.
Robert
2010 Met White
GH tuned, 3 Bar, upgraded turbos, 91 Oct
K&N drop-in or airaid, Corsa Cat-back
1/8 Mile 8.380@83.42MPH

DJE624

Sounds good!  I am ordering mine in the morning.  I would have tonight but I missed a phone call.  It wouldn't have shipped til tomorrow anyway.  I already have my strategy code so I hope they can send the 4+ ahead.  I am extremely interested in how your ride to work goes.  Let us know.  (Can you feel the boost hold all the way up? Etc.)

SoCalSHO

Lol, I thought the same thing, but you need the ECU SW part ID number.
Robert
2010 Met White
1/8 Mile 8.380@83.42MPH

DJE624

Oh man!  That blows chunks. :bangin:  Well, hopefully I'll get set by the weekend sometime!  I'm still running 4/93 and that"s no slouch.  I can put up with it for a few more days.  ;D

DJE624

I didn't get any instructions for loading tunes into the MyCal.  Do they send instructions or a program with the tunes? 

geswek

Quote from: DJE624 on July 25, 2013, 07:50:58 PM
I didn't get any instructions for loading tunes into the MyCal.  Do they send instructions or a program with the tunes?

Yes.

You will get email that your tune is ready -- with a link to install the tuner software.

Once you install software, and open it -- it will automatically download your files from LMS and load your tuner. It's pretty awesome, you basically do not have to worry about holding onto your tune files; they are all stored on the website and pulled automatically from the software that is installed on your computer.

DJE624

Whew!  Thanks.  I was starting to freak.  I also noticed a smell similar to a hot slotcar controller.  I hope that was just from the first time it warmed up.  I didn't notice it when I plugged into the car.  They could do a little better on letting us know what's up.

ecoboostsho

Mine is on the way as well! Can't wait to hear more about it...
2013 White SHO w/PP, Gearhead Tuned, 3 Bar, 160T, Plugs...Mess with the Bull and you'll get the Horn. :)
Previous 2011 Tuxedo Black SHO w/PP - 12.89 1/4 Mile

DJE624

I am anxious to report!  I keep checking my mail. ;D

SoCalSHO

Mine came in around 2040 hrs local time.
Robert
2010 Met White
1/8 Mile 8.380@83.42MPH

SoCalSHO

In a nutshell, the instructions sent with the tuner explain how to pull the codes they need. Then once you get the email, there will be two links. One will update the drivers, the other will update the tuner, and set up a program on your desktop. Make sure you look at all windows that pop up so your device is updated (OOOPPPS) BEFORE removing the cable. Once it updates, open the desktop icon, and your files will load automagically. i had 5 files to download. The first one is actually your stock tune, the other 4 are the ZOOOOM files. call me if you have questions/problems.
Robert
2010 Met White
1/8 Mile 8.380@83.42MPH

DJE624

Thanks R!  Hopefully your information and Storm's will be helpful to future candidates.  I'm still worried about that smell but I've smelled it before on new electronics. I hope they gave me the Tunes I asked for.   ;D

DJE624

I am very concerned with the burn smell my MyCal has.  It's quite strong.  I wrote an email to Dan to see what he thinks. 

DJE624

I just talked to SoCalSHO.  He was kind enough to go out and smell his MyCal for me.  It had an electric smell. His works fine.  We think I should be okay.  I'll know for sure when I get my tuner email and get loaded up. 

DJE624

LMS just got back to me.  They assure me that they all smell fresh out of the box.  They have not had a single failure.  Thanks guys!  Now, where are my tunes!  Just kidding.  Yeehaw!