• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

New Mycal for 2010 SHO (Updated)

Started by SoCalSHO, July 24, 2013, 12:45:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SoCalSHO

Here is my Report.

Downloaded my tunes Tuesday night. Have driven it 60+ miles a day from Wednesday until today. I loaded 4+/91 tune. Prior to that I used stage 4/91 on my SCT tuner for a few days.

I had driven with my stage 3/91 tune for a couple years or so. loved the firm shift and extra power.

Earlier this week I got the stage 4/91 for the SCT. More power, same shifting, firm. You know when it went into gear. This was right out of the box.

The last few days, have been using the Stage 4+ Mycal tune. Power/pull from idle to red line. Shifting? Meh. It loves to go into a higher gear, instead of staying in a higher RPM. When i get on it, it does not hesitate to downshift, but the shifting is far from what I would call firm. Even hard throttle from a standstill, does not seem to produce a firm shift like I had been using before. I drive my car pretty hard and fast where I can. It is not like I baby it.

So I guess I will try out the Stage 4 Mycal, and the back to Stage 4 SCT X3 tune. Overall, happy with the power, not so much with the shifting. Guess I will keep the SCT X3 tuner for now.
Robert
2010 Met White
GH tuned, 3 Bar, upgraded turbos, 91 Oct
K&N drop-in or airaid, Corsa Cat-back
1/8 Mile 8.380@83.42MPH

SoCalSHO

Dave, post on here, or better yet, post a new topic with your findings.
Robert
2010 Met White
1/8 Mile 8.380@83.42MPH

SoCalSHO

So I have new tune waiting for me to download to the Mycal. It should be a little firmer shifting.
Robert
2010 Met White
1/8 Mile 8.380@83.42MPH

DJE624

Great!  I hope it works for you.

EDIT-Sorry SoCal, didn't mean to jack your thread.

74d34h

I called and asked for the Stage 4+ 93 Octane monday morning. I had to send an email request, which I did. I called back later and Brandon told me it takes 24-48 hours. Hopefully its sent by tomorrow and I can load it up to try out on my 2013. I will post up how it performs.
2013 SHO

ecoboostsho

My my cal showed IP yesterday as well. Email was sent this morning so hopefully I will have mine soon as Well.
2013 White SHO w/PP, Gearhead Tuned, 3 Bar, 160T, Plugs...Mess with the Bull and you'll get the Horn. :)
Previous 2011 Tuxedo Black SHO w/PP - 12.89 1/4 Mile

DJE624

Can't wait to hear what you two guys think. 

ecoboostsho

2013 White SHO w/PP, Gearhead Tuned, 3 Bar, 160T, Plugs...Mess with the Bull and you'll get the Horn. :)
Previous 2011 Tuxedo Black SHO w/PP - 12.89 1/4 Mile