• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

oil ingestion and tuning

Started by nickwalter4, November 04, 2016, 06:26:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOdded

I wonder if the instructions take into account your EGR Feedback Sensor.  Most likely not.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

Nick have you seen this thread on the 16+ Sport hope it helps any.  Z  http://www.f150ecoboost.net/forum/63-ford-explorer-ecoboost/15274-new-upr-ford-explorer-sport-catch-can-system.html   

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

nickwalter4

wiring/diag @ ROUSH Ford prototype development. Fueled by, coffee, woodford reserve and the always delicious taco bell.

SOLD. '16 fire bronze Xsport: UPR catch can, AirAid, Hella sharptones, Husky floor liners, weathertech visors, PPE catted+coated DPS. 3bar, 170* TSTAT, SCT X4 by Unleashed 93 octane. Mobil 1.

nickwalter4

still won't start with the performance tune either, torrie said he updated the strategy on both tunes, it starts stock, it starts with my 3 bar and MPG tune, but 3 bar and performance just cranks. the follow up question is always "are there any codes" well no, because i went back to stock when i realized this "performance" tune is going to get me exactly zero miles of spirited driving, and I have places to go. I did check once and it said "generic error 21000" I'm not sure if that's coming from the PCM or the X4 itself.

like i said the strategies are supposed to be updated to my new PCM cal, but he said using the old strategy can cause this issue..

call me crazy but if it starts before tuning, and starts with another tune, but I tune a differen't file and it doesn't start.... something has to be wrong with that tune?.....
wiring/diag @ ROUSH Ford prototype development. Fueled by, coffee, woodford reserve and the always delicious taco bell.

SOLD. '16 fire bronze Xsport: UPR catch can, AirAid, Hella sharptones, Husky floor liners, weathertech visors, PPE catted+coated DPS. 3bar, 170* TSTAT, SCT X4 by Unleashed 93 octane. Mobil 1.

sholxgt

I would use the device to pull the strategy and ECU SWPN one more time and provide it to Torrie.  Just to make sure that something didn't get entered incorrectly.

Dealer updated my strategy between times of me getting and installing the tune and I had that code.
Current - 2019 F150 Platinum FX4 3.5 EB
Formerly -2013 MKS Ecoboost Premium
PPE Catted DP's, 170 Reische TS, K&N Drop In, AJP Tune only at track - 12.87@106

SHOdded

Did you go from stock to the performance tune, or from the MPG to performance tune.  I would try a KAM reset before loading the performance tune.  Maybe the tune has the throttle body on "alert", so it prepositions it, for example.  Definitely a question for Torrie.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

nickwalter4

I've tried going tune to tune, stock to tune, the only one that messes up is the performance tune, and I can assure you the software and strategy didn't change again I did the PCM cal update myself.

nickwalter4

So same same with the performance tune. Torrie has sent me 2 new files and none of the performance tunes will crank. The last one dodnt even come up with the menu to edit parameters like speed limiter and advance and stuff. I think just like a bare bones 'here this is for your mods' what frustrates me even further is he has no input at all. He is so well known and talked up. .. like if the mpg tune works, why wouldnt the performance? This is a 2016 and if this keeps up im gonna go trade it in while it might still have some low milage positive equity.. then of course all my parts will be up for grabs on here but id rather just have a working [performance] tune...  anybody else on here have issues after pcm update?

AJP turbo

SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

SHOdded

Let ajp tune it.  Different tuner, different perspective.

nickwalter4

He asked to pull the *.bef file from the tuner and send it to him. From what i understand its the stock configuration the x4 saves when flashing the latest file. He did say hes created xompletely new files. For the latest tune he sent me. I told him i think its weird the mpg tune would work but that one (s) wont turn over. Hopefully hell be able to figure something out with the *.bef. .. im still in a window for positive equity. Trading for a fiesta st i lose my 3rd row seats but cut my payment by like 200+. Because at the end of the day even if/when the tune works theres still oil in the manifold :(

nickwalter4

Update Ok so o pulled the .bef file and sent it to torrie as he asked and he said it had to go to tech analysis. I offered two plausible possibilities just speculating that if the pcm update was the tsb directive for the vct code p0012 perhaps theres a cam timing inconsistency, i also mentioned ajp's corrupt file suggestion although i've tried 3 or 4 different  files at this point. He has a hunch it could be a checksum error although im not sure what that means. That fiesta st is starting to look better and better....

AJP turbo

I think he may be copying his values the wrong way to the new file...something is not happy obviously...when certain values are changed that shouldnt be the checksums will be wrong...sct exposes tables that probably never need to be changed...if your new stratgy has a different value in that field and he copied it over from the old performance tune then that can do it....im speculating though as i have no idea how he went about the update
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

nickwalter4

Quote from: AJP turbo on November 12, 2016, 01:42:01 PM
I think he may be copying his values the wrong way to the new file...something is not happy obviously...when certain values are changed that shouldnt be the checksums will be wrong...sct exposes tables that probably never need to be changed...if your new stratgy has a different value in that field and he copied it over from the old performance tune then that can do it....im speculating though as i have no idea how he went about the update

Originally he said the original tune was mirrored to go with my mods, but updated for the new strategy. The mpg tune works fine but ive been going back and forth for a week or so now as im on 12's and have a toddler, its hard to make time for this stuff. I hope we get to the bottom of it soon.

StealBlueSho

Quote from: AJP turbo on November 12, 2016, 01:42:01 PM
Ha, we have first hand experience with this.

To the OP, when AJP and I were running through some test to disable advance trac on the non-pp we found that there are values that SCT allows you to change that the ECU can't process depending on strategy.  What happened to me when I loaded those values via a tune was the car wouldn't crank over. But for some reason would corrupt the stock tune file. Inside then gen those Gen2100 errors when I tried to roll back to stock.

Anyway, in short, sounds like a dorked tune from Torrie.

Calls SCT, explain to the error, they will take your stock file, create a rescue file, which will repull your stock setting from the ECU if you are having issues getting your stock tune back onto the car if Torrie is concerned about a corrupt stock file. BUT if you can revert you car back to stock without an issue, in doubt the stock file bad.

Correct me if I am wrong AJP but the sct tunes just overlay new values onto the stock tune?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk