• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

So this arrived today

Started by AnotherGreenFusion, September 22, 2016, 11:08:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FoMoCoSHO

Everybody needs to be clear that what ACES increases is the "effective octane" and not octane. That effect is similar to how corn behaves when its directly injected. I suspect much of the "octane effect" is due to the lubricating layer that ACES leaves as it burns helping to combat heat in the cylinder.

AnotherGreenFusion

Quote from: Zalvern on September 23, 2016, 01:28:59 PM
Quote from: AnotherGreenFusion on September 23, 2016, 12:59:38 PM
So I clumsily added about 3oz to a 3/4 tank then topped it off with my usual 93. Had no idea where the emergency funnel was so I used the gas pump to open the valve with each ounce and let the fluid in. Likely wasted some this way. Now that I know where the funnel is I will use it next time.

On the way to work my gas mileage went up by .4 without changing my driving style. WAY too small of a sample to really say it was the additive but that is a change from what I am used to seeing. Odd for sure.

LOR by %? I have been looking at the raw number. I assume 1 is 0% and -1 is 100%?

Ha...that funnel is sneaky especially if never told about it! I keep mine now in the side door compartment bagged, since its used a lot more often.

Anyways yes 100% in FORScan is same as -1.0 as how it is read in other formats. It estimates to the hundredth, so 100.00% in full. Numerical reads -1.0 to 1.0, I just like percent format personally. But can read it in Numerical mode.

FORScan just isnt fun or pretty as the others but nice for its Ford IDS quality and edits.

Thanks!

That funnel, I was sure I read about it on 2gf and knew where it was, pull parts of the lining on my trunk looking for it, at least i know now. Keeping it in a bag up front is a great idea, I don't put anything there currently.

SCT and the Torque app (having trouble getting DashCommand to work) show the raw value. Best I can get with 93 locally is -0.96. Looking forward to seeing a full -1. I will run with the current 93 tunes for a bit and let things sink in while watching timing carefully. Then I will bump the timing up on torrie's tune and start using the LMS 100 tune I have as well.

'15 Fusion SE 2.0 AWD
CP-E Cold Side, Hot Side, αIntake, QKspl DP & RMM | Boomba Can | Cordova TB | Synapse Gen III BOV | Levels FMIC | 160* T-Stat | Steeda STB, Sway | Flatout 5700 | SCT by Unleashed/LMS 93v11

PM me for AMSOil @ Cost

AnotherGreenFusion

Quote from: RichieRich1042 on September 23, 2016, 02:34:49 PM
It's funny, when I first went on 2GF, I found the guy who was the farthest along and said "Ok that's who I want to catch." At that time it was Sean's.  Now I see that it is you my friend lol.  You have become the new top dog.

Lol thanks, it's been a long season but I like my results so far. im really just late to the party so I get to take advantage of a great aftermarket and all the people who learned before me. Trying to pay it forward by putting everything I am learning up on my site for the next folks.

There are def faster fusions, most folks just go big turbo long before they get to where I am at. I was really curious as to what the K03 could do and I wanted wheels and coilovers which really ate into the engine budget though I feel like they are rounding out the car nicely.

Being #1 is nice (IF i get there) but I really want to see a bunch of us get fast and start competing more, makes for a more interesting season. Sooooo COME AT ME BRO!!! ;-)

'15 Fusion SE 2.0 AWD
CP-E Cold Side, Hot Side, αIntake, QKspl DP & RMM | Boomba Can | Cordova TB | Synapse Gen III BOV | Levels FMIC | 160* T-Stat | Steeda STB, Sway | Flatout 5700 | SCT by Unleashed/LMS 93v11

PM me for AMSOil @ Cost

RichieRich1042

I'd like to see a bunch of us there too.  I'm tired of being told "It's just a fusion."  I'd be dumping more money in but with moving from Jersey to NY, bills, college, etc, the car pot took a massive hit recently.  I work my side jobs but not much play room lol.
2013 Titanium 2.0L Ecoboost AWD
Proudly supporting:
Mountune (Randy) | Level's Performance | Injen | Turbosmart | Boomba Racing | Steeda |
Cordova Motorsports | DMB UK | Brisk Racing

AnotherGreenFusion

So with a single commute into boston and back (about 80 miles) I am seeing an increase of 2mpg and the car seems to be pulling harder. No way it's working this fast, must be a decent DA today since the temps are dropping. Though it was pretty normal during the day, it didn't really start to drop until right as I got home tonight.

Does gas mileage tend to go up with cooler weather if you don't have winter blend in the tank?
'15 Fusion SE 2.0 AWD

PM me for AMSOil @ Cost

Zalvern

Quote from: AnotherGreenFusion on September 23, 2016, 10:07:25 PM
So with a single commute into boston and back (about 80 miles) I am seeing an increase of 2mpg and the car seems to be pulling harder. No way it's working this fast, must be a decent DA today since the temps are dropping. Though it was pretty normal during the day, it didn't really start to drop until right as I got home tonight.

Does gas mileage tend to go up with cooler weather if you don't have winter blend in the tank?

Well yes in regards to cooler weather especially on an Ecoboost engine. Though it does not take long for ACES IV to kick in gear. Both you and JGR saying the same thing...ahaha, I see the addiction coming cause I was feeling the exact same way. Once the fuel is treated, that's it. Plus since the Ecoboost motor improves by sensing less knock, it pushes itself harder seeing its safe. Just stick to the 1 oz per 6 gallons ratio (I round up to the nearest 1/4 oz if not exact).

Just keep driving and continue to use it and you'll see...then the QuantumBlue goodies will not want to wait and they will deliver just as much satisfaction as well.

AnotherGreenFusion

I am a little bit shocked. I am going to have sthulin @ 2gf try a tank or two and put some in the Fiesta as well. I need more sample data. I bought this stuff because of the reviews but if this is just the additive it is pretty unbelievable. The fact that Brian has been doing this since when I was running the Monte Carlo is going to have me kicking myself for not discovering it sooner.
'15 Fusion SE 2.0 AWD

PM me for AMSOil @ Cost

Zalvern

Quote from: AnotherGreenFusion on September 23, 2016, 10:48:57 PM
I am a little bit shocked. I am going to have sthulin @ 2gf try a tank or two and put some in the Fiesta as well. I need more sample data. I bought this stuff because of the reviews but if this is just the additive it is pretty unbelievable. The fact that Brian has been doing this since when I was running the Monte Carlo is going to have me kicking myself for not discovering it sooner.

Ah its just like back when I was first getting a taste of true performance optimization. The beauty of chemical science at work.

By all means, do go ahead and put it in other vehicles, it just gets that much sweeter especially when non-performance enthusiasts notice it. I gave my mother a surprise by filling up her Kia Forte's tank prior to doing her road trip (a good 250 miles one way), along with ACES IV. Mom called me later night, mentioning she got better than usual mileage she's ever seen and made it with more than a half of a tank remaining.

All of my future vehicles (that won't be electric) will be getting these fluids strictly from now on, as long I am the primary driver. Older vehicles especially love this stuff since pure gas is rough to find and spend on.

I know my exhausts are cleaner than the average stock tune vehicle. I plan to check the intake valves and spark plugs once I get to 10,000 miles and see how well a new engine fares from spending most of its life on the goods.

J-Will

Yes, cooler air temps help increase MPG.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

2014 Factory Order SHO (non pp) Deep Impact Blue
Gearhead Automotive Performance Tune
3-bar
SP-542 plugs w/ GH gap

FoMoCoSHO

Ugh, I'm officially out and my shipment has yet to arrive.

With my corn addiction, I like to have ACES in my tank for its lubrication properties.

92BlackGT

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on September 24, 2016, 02:42:07 PM
Ugh, I'm officially out and my shipment has yet to arrive.

With my corn addiction, I like to have ACES in my tank for its lubrication properties.

same here :( the weather is cooling off and I want to revise my E20 tune and get my 12 second pass next month
'14 Taurus SHO - non PP, Unleashed E20 tune, 3 bar - 12.91 @ 106.5 mph
'93 Mustang Coupe - AFR 165's, FTI cam, ported Cobra intake - 13.05 @ 105.6 mph

AnotherGreenFusion

So I started putting this stuff in and am through my 2nd tank on the Fusion though maybe I should call it my first properly mixed tank since I messed up by not having the emergency funnel for the first fill.

Have noticed about 1-2mpg improvement but had not seen my OAR get better from the -0.96 I have been seeing in the past. So I reset my KAM and then took a long drive. It normally takes about 200 miles to get back to -0.96 but I got there in less than 50!! It still has not gone lower but I have been reading up and I may be looking at a built in limit in the ECU on the OAR? The 15 computer is still new even to many tuners so I would not be shocked to see that. I will need to keep an eye on my timing advance since neither Livernois nor Unleashed seem inclined to turn on my knock PIDs.

I think I see an improvement in the Fusion's performance but I should be making close to 300hp now, a bump of 3-5 is harder to tell at those levels and higher. So I put some in my '12 Fiesta with a 1.6 NA engine. Hardly 1/2 a tank through and the performance difference is very noticeable, even my fiancee noted it by saying the car got to speeds she was not used to seeing with the amount of pedal she fed it. I drove it last night and the idle and acceleration seemed smoother and quicker to respond. We both log with Torque regularly so hopefully I should have some decent data. My only challenge is dropping DAs and winter blends coming soon. I should have enough in the bottle to get me to November so hopefully that is plenty to see some good data.

Also keeping track of my progress on my blog: http://www.fusionspec.net/blogs/entry/17-experimenting-with-snake-oil/
'15 Fusion SE 2.0 AWD

PM me for AMSOil @ Cost

FoMoCoSHO

AGF, what are you logging with?

Torque always showed -1 and -1.2 but SCT shows -.96 and -1.15 so the scaling is a little different.

AnotherGreenFusion

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on September 28, 2016, 11:27:46 AM
AGF, what are you logging with?

Torque always showed -1 and -1.2 but SCT shows -.96 and -1.15 so the scaling is a little different.

Torque always shows -1.00 unless I reset. Livewire TS with LiveLink shows -0.96. So I should expect it to possibly go up to -1.15 at some point?

Hitting the track tonight provided the drizzle backs off so I will have more logs on LiveLink then.
'15 Fusion SE 2.0 AWD

PM me for AMSOil @ Cost

RichieRich1042

I was never able to find your blog until today thanks to this thread...I am now happy lol
2013 Titanium 2.0L Ecoboost AWD
Proudly supporting:
Mountune (Randy) | Level's Performance | Injen | Turbosmart | Boomba Racing | Steeda |
Cordova Motorsports | DMB UK | Brisk Racing