• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

So this arrived today

Started by AnotherGreenFusion, September 22, 2016, 11:08:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

staged_sho

Just want to point out when I had my SHO with the LME 4+X tune, I used ACES IV, I still had audible knock under moderate partial throttle runs.  Obviously Torque Pro reflected this.  Ran an E85 blend next tank, and didn't experience any of that.  I stopped using ACES IV, and that's just my personal experience.

Current:  2016 Charger RT Scat Pack

Previous:  2011 SHO, LME 4+X, 3 bar, 170° TStat, Intake, Corsa

ZSHO

I would simply mention that all results may vary depending on the type,year and current mileage,condition of your current vehicle and the same rule may apply when using any such type of fuel,oil,additives.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: staged_sho on October 14, 2016, 11:57:01 AM
Just want to point out when I had my SHO with the LME 4+X tune, I used ACES IV, I still had audible knock under moderate partial throttle runs.  Obviously Torque Pro reflected this.  Ran an E85 blend next tank, and didn't experience any of that.  I stopped using ACES IV, and that's just my personal experience.
This is why I have urged caution for those wanting to run a 100 octane race tune. (does anybody even know how to quantify that?) I think there is another member here along with AGF that had an OAR drop. I think DX runs a hot tune on his SHO but OAR never hit -1 on it.

"Octane" with a given fuel will be consistent from vehicle to vehicle, "octane effect" will not IMHO so I strongly urge caution and I think the best path is using a tuner along with logs and turning up the wick slowly.

Personally, I don't use ACES for the "octane effect", I use corn. (Brian is not a fan) I do use ACES for the lubricity left behind for the reduction in bore wear and its ability to reduce preignition fighting hot spots which I believe is valid and I think I've pinned down the ingredients. Also I have so much corn in the tank that there is no way I could add anything to testing. I'd have to piss in the gas tank after an all night bender to see a oar drop which is currently maxed at -1.15.

I have done some research into trade secrets laws, particularly with regard to MSDS. It seems equitable to all parties so I am comfortable with having discussion about it if AGF is OK with me staying in the thread.

AnotherGreenFusion

Been away dealing with life stuff. I am ok with whatever discussion, in short if you can find the information on open public sources without a login/password or signing of an NDA its not a trade secret despite that the owner of the data may want to try and claim. Even if it was a trade secret, once it is out in the public sphere it no longer is. If you have access to confidential data I would not even mention anything from it if I were you. If it is something that you can click access to without a login wall, click agreement or signing of an NDA it is safe to share however that does not mean the party that owns it could not try and make your life a living hell in court (as usual the guy with the most money often wins just by filing motions and dragging things out to drain you).

Source: I am actually an IP law nut and have been for 20+ years (started with basic copyright) and actually work at a patent law services firm.
'15 Fusion SE 2.0 AWD
CP-E Cold Side, Hot Side, αIntake, QKspl DP & RMM | Boomba Can | Cordova TB | Synapse Gen III BOV | Levels FMIC | 160* T-Stat | Steeda STB, Sway | Flatout 5700 | SCT by Unleashed/LMS 93v11

PM me for AMSOil @ Cost

jbrown9999

Did the results ever come back in for the oil tests?
2016 Ford SHO w/ PP w/ SCT X4 w/ Gearhead tune,
MDesign CAI, non-noise maker pipe
Gapped/colder plugs, Thermostat w/ Water Wetter
MSD COPS, aFe Silver Bullet intake spacer
UPR catch can, BOV to atmosphere mod

ZSHO

FYI- The OP has NOT been active since November 18, 2016!  Z   :(

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

Even his website is out of date, so IDK.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!