• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Megan Coilover installation for 2009-2012 AWD vehicles

Started by EcoPowerParts, July 21, 2013, 12:06:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jomc111

2009 mazdaspeed 3 Garrett GT3076R//HKS SQV3 blowoff valave//Autotech internals//Pauter rods//CP pistons// ACT 6 puck clutch// Lightened Flywheel//PG tubular manifold//Corksport downpipe// Streetunit racepipe// Greddy Ti-C catback//HKS type 0 Turbo Timer// Manual boost controller// Eibach pro-kit// Koni FSD dampers// JDM yellow fog overlays// COBB short throw shifter// oil filter conversion // BSD //
Parted out - sold
2010 sho -stock -sold
2014 focus st

geswek

OMaiGOD does anyone know if Megan is doing 13's too?

I'm about to blast them with emails -- I WANT IT!

jomc111

Quote from: geswek on July 24, 2013, 09:11:01 AM

do it
2009 mazdaspeed 3 Garrett GT3076R//HKS SQV3 blowoff valave//Autotech internals//Pauter rods//CP pistons// ACT 6 puck clutch// Lightened Flywheel//PG tubular manifold//Corksport downpipe// Streetunit racepipe// Greddy Ti-C catback//HKS type 0 Turbo Timer// Manual boost controller// Eibach pro-kit// Koni FSD dampers// JDM yellow fog overlays// COBB short throw shifter// oil filter conversion // BSD //
Parted out - sold
2010 sho -stock -sold
2014 focus st

geswek

Quote from: jomc111 on July 24, 2013, 09:12:37 AM
Quote from: geswek on July 24, 2013, 09:11:01 AM

do it

I just did -- I'm about to have the POGO effect tomorrow with the H&R's being installed. LOL

jomc111

Parted out - sold
2010 sho -stock -sold
2014 focus st

EcoPowerParts

Megan isn't ready yet, I am in direct contact with their manager concerning this project. They won't have time until August to review and update the design for you guys. The 2013 change also allows the Explorer Sport to have them installed as well.
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

geswek

Quote from: 4DRHTRD on July 24, 2013, 09:19:48 AM
Megan isn't ready yet, I am in direct contact with their manager concerning this project. They won't have time until August to review and update the design for you guys. The 2013 change also allows the Explorer Sport to have them installed as well.

That's unacceptable. Tell them to get their rear ends in gear--I HAZ money to spend!

Good; hopefully by time I do my turbos and meth they'll have coil overs out and I can yank the H&R's out.

Given your "detailed" report and choice of words--seems you like them much better than the H&R's you had.

First-SHO

Mike

Previous owner of the -
FASTEST 2011 Ford Taurus SHO on record @ 11.9519 115 mph
Silver/Black LOADED, Ford Lockpick, Forgestar F14"s 20x9.5 with Nitto Invo's, TCE Wilwood Front Big Brake Kit, Airaid CAI, Corsa Cat back, Livernois Down Pipes, Livernois Tune's, Megan Coilovers, Traction bar setup, Torrie - 170 F Thermo & Radiator, L&M Airflow Throttle Body "Only one made and I have it", Alkycontrol Meth Injection, Upgraded Tial Turbo's, 2013 Trans and Oil Cooler, LED's on always

EcoPowerParts

Let me know two things please:
1. The swaybar bolt - does it fit or not? If so what is the OD of the bolt.
2. Did the supplied nut zip tied to the bottom of the rear shocks fit the factory bolt that came off the car originally?

If not any technical information you can give me so Megan can adjust would be great.
Thanks!
Mike
www.ecopowerparts.com -
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.

First-SHO

The hole had to be drilled out, but I am not running a stock front end link, so I had to drill it out for a M12 bolt.

The position of the front end link connection is 1" lower than stock, but with the adjustable links I have, was able to accommodate this.  They could change that for the SHO and hole size would be good.

Will find out on the rear nut. 

Update - nut is not the right size, but we had 2 available.

Also, the front coilover sit closer to the wheel by 1/4" and I had to add my 1/4" spacer to to the front to clear my 275/45-20's.  Would need to change wheel offset to fix without spacers.
Mike

Previous owner of the -
FASTEST 2011 Ford Taurus SHO on record @ 11.9519 115 mph
Silver/Black LOADED, Ford Lockpick, Forgestar F14"s 20x9.5 with Nitto Invo's, TCE Wilwood Front Big Brake Kit, Airaid CAI, Corsa Cat back, Livernois Down Pipes, Livernois Tune's, Megan Coilovers, Traction bar setup, Torrie - 170 F Thermo & Radiator, L&M Airflow Throttle Body "Only one made and I have it", Alkycontrol Meth Injection, Upgraded Tial Turbo's, 2013 Trans and Oil Cooler, LED's on always

Lanson

I'm jumping in here to be a +1 for the 2013 Megan kit some day.

Mike your driving impressions sealed the deal for me.  Your H&R's will have to do for now but I can tell that my true destination will be these coilovers.

What are you guys talking about (Pogo)?  Do the H&R's not mate well with the stock shocks?
I don't have an EB but I am an avid modder and happy to help the community and learn/grow.  Pretty good with audio and wheels, my build and discussion threads are here in the forum.  2013 Flex AWD N/A

Audio:  Dayton Reference home speakers in front stage, incl. 2-way passive custom pillars 2.5" mid, 3/4" tweet, 2-way passive custom center channel 5" mid, 3/4" tweet, 8" midbass in doors, Vibe UK amps, JBL MS8 processor, Optima Yellow-top custom-wired, Exile subs in spare tire well

Mods: H&R, K&N, 22x9 & 22x10 3 piece forged wheels 265/35-22 Toyos, SCTX4 w/ 91 oct. Torrie tune

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: Lanson on July 26, 2013, 11:08:53 AM
I'm jumping in here to be a +1 for the 2013 Megan kit some day.

Mike your driving impressions sealed the deal for me.  Your H&R's will have to do for now but I can tell that my true destination will be these coilovers.

What are you guys talking about (Pogo)?  Do the H&R's not mate well with the stock shocks?
If you never drove the Megan vs H&R you won't notice it, if you go from H&R to Megan it's quite a difference. The stock shocks just can't tame the higher spring rates during some mid sized bumps at speed. It's not horrible, completely bearable until you feel the difference between the two systems.
www.ecopowerparts.com -

geswek

Megan wrote and said no intentions on the 2013 at the moment.

Haha, pogo effect. I had that today, it was fun. I felt like I was on a roller coaster.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: geswek on July 26, 2013, 11:25:36 PM

Haha, pogo effect. I had that today, it was fun. I felt like I was on a roller coaster.

I am working on it, they will look at a car later this year.
I'm in direct communication with the general manager.
Please do not bug these guys or they may not do it.
www.ecopowerparts.com -

TouchOfEvil

Quote from: 4DRHTRD on July 26, 2013, 11:45:34 PM
Quote from: geswek on July 26, 2013, 11:25:36 PM

I am working on it, they will look at a car later this year.
I'm in direct communication with the general manager.
Please do not bug these guys or they may not do it.
Any update on this? Do they have a setup that will work on the 14 sport? I'd like to lower mine in the near future but would really like to install a kit like this rather than the H&R's.
2014 XSport