• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

HOW-TO Replace air cooled seat filter's

Started by zamirlihari, August 15, 2016, 02:49:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZSHO

I could not find a vehicle specific direct source/link or any pic's related on a "How to" directly install and replace the seat filters on the SHO and figured i'll tackle this five min procedure myself,LOL. Z

Here is a very brief "How To"
1)move the front seats all the way toward's the front.

2)Raise the front seats all the way on the UP position to easily gain access to the filter's.

3)Turn the bottom portion of the air filter housing clockwise for easy removal.

4)wash the media filters using some Shout fabric/stain remover liquid which did a good job and then leave the air filter's to air dry and gently removed and trimmed off any unwanted excessive fabric/hair from the filter for better overall airflow because they DO NOT make the media filter and ONLY the Housing is available for purchase.

Here are a couple of links below and hope it help's someone out in time and savings $$$$.

BTW the bottom pic is the cleaned filter and to re-intall the filter just insert and turn it counter-clockwise,easy peasy  :)  Z

http://www.fortau.com/heated_and_ventilated_seats-91.html     http://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/ford,2013,taurus,3.5l+v6+turbocharged,1503823,interior,climate+control+seat+filter,16790?a=Referer+www.google.com+URL+%2F     

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

Nice writeup, Z!  And as always, the color palette in your pics never fails to impress.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

QuickSilver

Im at 70K miles and I haven't noticed  a decline in peformance(well yeah, it'd be gradual ::) )  so the best question is, did you notice any INCREASE in flow or cooling after?  it's been triple digits in the OC last few days :angryfire:
AJ

2014 Ingot Silver Explorer Sport- LMS V3 Tune, AirRaid CAI, Hi_flow Catted DP's to Complete dual 2.5" exhaust, 19"X 9.5"TSW Panorama Rotary Forged/powdercoated Rims, Cree LED Foglights, Hoping for those Megan coilovers to be developed...

metroplex

The new replacement filters are just empty grilles without a filter element. The element on the stock filters *looks* like it could be washed/cleaned. We're not talking about the need for 99.9% HEPA efficiency, just enough to filter out large dust particles, grass, pet hair etc... so it would still be better than just an empty grille.
Previously: 2014 SHO
12.4 @ 110.9 mph

Current: 2017 Fusion Sport

SHOdded

Some have suggested using a Bounce or Febreze sheet as a replacement, rubberbanded on as needed.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Ramairetransam

i know this is old, but has anyone heard of a filter being made?Or maybe by them just selling the housing and no filter they changed their tune and decided no filter?
13 Mks Ecoboost

ZSHO

GOOD NEWS THEY INDEED FIT and just confirmed exact fitment.:) because they DO NOT make the media filter and ONLY the Housing is available for purchase from Ford!  Z

FYI Took a gamble and ordered a set of four Climate Controlled Seat Filters for $22.00.on ebay made for a Land-Rover which look identical and can finally confirm fitment for the SHO and others!

I found EBAY to have the best prices on these filters.
Land-Rover PART NUMBER -HAK-500140

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=HAK500140&rt=nc&LH_PrefLoc=1

https://m.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=+HAK-500140&LH_PrefLoc=1

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

polskifacet

Great news, how are yours so dirty lol, I've washed mine a handful of times but they always look brand new.
AEM Dryflo drop in. PP Transmission Cooler and thermostat. 160 tstat, 3 bar map, plugs, AJP 93 Tune, PP Shocks and Springs

ZSHO

Quote from: polskifacet on May 31, 2017, 01:41:00 PM
Great news, how are yours so dirty lol, I've washed mine a handful of times but they always look brand new.
Thanks,washed them once throughout the years.IDK. Z

TSS

Do you happen to smoke?  Or live in a coal mine? (J/K)

Mine have never looked close to that dirty...87k miles...original filters washed about 3 times.....
2010 Steel Blue Metallic MKS Ecoboost: LME 3-Bar Tuned; tint; 20" Factory rims Permachromed

2017 Summit White Buick Envision Premium AWD 2.0 Turbo
2017 Silver Cadillac XTS V-Sport Platinum  3.6 Twin Turbo; LME tuned.

lamrith

Quote from: TSS on May 31, 2017, 05:17:34 PM
Do you happen to smoke?  Or live in a coal mine? (J/K)

Mine have never looked close to that dirty...87k miles...original filters washed about 3 times.....
It's all the Meth he is doing lately, stirring crap up...
'13 Sho PP, SCT x4, AJP 92-Octane rev6 (14psi&20spark) NGK 6510, 3Bar, K&N CAI, PPE Catted DP, Dynomax Axleback, 20*9.5 Voxx Lago w/ 275/40-20 GMAX AS-05.