• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Fuel Pump Module Recall

Started by sholxgt, August 23, 2016, 07:13:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZSHO

I was able to get the latest update on the recall just now hot off the press but it seems that many are uninterested in the topic and don't want to bore you with another update. Z :(

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

sholxgt

Quote from: ZSHO on September 22, 2016, 05:02:24 PM
I was able to get the latest update on the recall just now hot off the press but it seems that many are uninterested in the topic,oh well no worries.  Z :(

Count me as interested!  I'm not going to do anything about it until the dealer tells me to bring it in, but I'm definitely interested.  It seems that there are quite a bit of failures of this little part.
Current - 2019 F150 Platinum FX4 3.5 EB
Formerly -2013 MKS Ecoboost Premium
PPE Catted DP's, 170 Reische TS, K&N Drop In, AJP Tune only at track - 12.87@106

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: ZSHO on September 22, 2016, 05:02:24 PM
I was able to get the latest update on the recall just now hot off the press but it seems that many are uninterested in the topic and don't want to bore you with another update. Z :(
It's not boredom buddy, its recall fatigue.

ZSHO

So it looks like sufficient quantities of parts[module]will be available to repair vehicles in the 4th quarter of 2016 roughly around for the holidays from my understanding and perspective and will certainly keep ya'll updated on any and all updates pertaining to this recall.  Z  :hmmm:     https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8JUL90DXgdiaWxocmdhUnEteTdQbmdTbDJzU3BKLXpFZzQw/view?usp=sharing  [Part numbers on page 6 ] 

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

ZSHO

If anyone is having issues gaining access to the PDF please LMK.  BTW Bryan sharing link should be set to on now,LMK.  Z

slurppie

Thanks bud

sent from my speak n' spell using tin cans and string

2013 w/PP
Synthetic blinker fluid
Ceramic muffler bearings

sholxgt

Thanks Z! Interesting they add .1 hours for the poor Lincoln mechanics that get to do the replacement on MKS's while laying on their back inside the trunk instead of accessing easily with the drop down rear seats.
Current - 2019 F150 Platinum FX4 3.5 EB
Formerly -2013 MKS Ecoboost Premium
PPE Catted DP's, 170 Reische TS, K&N Drop In, AJP Tune only at track - 12.87@106

cljnco

I am definitely interested in and greatly appreciate any updates. Yeah, The back seat not folding down is one of the very few things I really don't like about my MKS. That and the touch FCIM. At one point I actually considered a swap for the Taurus back seat, but just wasn't workable.

ShelbySuperSnake

So last night mine failed driving home, car started to lose power rapidly till it died. Good thing I wasn't attempting to merge into traffic, it could have ended badly. But the Ford dealer is not telling me they are not sure if they can get me a replacement unit any time soon since they are on back order.
2013 SHO PP
3 Bar Tune

ZSHO

Quote from: ShelbySuperSnake on September 26, 2016, 07:34:56 PM
So last night mine failed driving home, car started to lose power rapidly till it died. Good thing I wasn't attempting to merge into traffic, it could have ended badly. But the Ford dealer is not telling me they are not sure if they can get me a replacement unit any time soon since they are on back order.
Glad nobody was hurt during the incident and its sad to say but prior to this recall Standard which is equivalent to MC or even better and is currently unavailable and will Definitely keep ya'll updated on all counts referenced to this recall.  Z

ShelbySuperSnake

Finally got my car back today, looks like the Fuel Pump Module failed taking the LPFP and the HPFP with it. I'm not sure how that happened but luckily the dealer replaced it all for free due to the recalled part being the main cause of the failure.
2013 SHO PP
3 Bar Tune

ZSHO

Quote from: ShelbySuperSnake on September 29, 2016, 09:38:16 PM
Finally got my car back today, looks like the Fuel Pump Module failed taking the LPFP and the HPFP with it. I'm not sure how that happened but luckily the dealer replaced it all for free due to the recalled part being the main cause of the failure.
ShelbySS what vehicle was this for? due setup your signature,thanks  Z

ZSHO

I just wanted to give ya'll a quick update on the recall and it seems that some Ford dealers are stocking in the fuel modules. :) and also you can check for dealer availability status by logging in your vin number at Fordparts.com.  Z     Part Name: Engine Fuel Control Module
Brand: Ford Parts

Part Number: 9D370
Price: $61.93
Quantity: 
+Add To Cart
Part Description: 3.5L Dual Over Head Cam T/C V6 Gas
Quantity Per Vehicle: 1
Package Quantity: 1     

FoMoCoSHO

Mrs FoMoCoSHO was able to order mine late last week.

SHOdded

Need to set up your own backchannel distribution center for the rest of us :)
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!