• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Fuel Pump Module Recall

Started by sholxgt, August 23, 2016, 07:13:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbeez

Does anyone know where this is physically located in a 2014 SHO? I checked in the trunk and didn't see anything.  I have a ton of car audio gear in the car so I'm going to have to rip some stuff apart, but I found some pics of it being near the rear wheel wells, I checked both sides and didn't see anything.  Could it be in the little area right behind the back seats in the middle? There is some module there I had to cut out some room on my amp rack to fit over. Of course I'll need to pull my amp rack to get to it ;_;
2014 PP SHO Darkside Metallic
K&N Panel filter, 3bar map, AJPTurbo tune, Motorcraft SP542 @.28, MSD Coils, PPE Catted downpipes, EBP Hot pipes w/ tial BOV, Tracy Lewis catch can, 170 tstat, 93 octane pump gas

hawkeye93

It's in the trunk, right side, behind the rear seat.  It's behind the trunk liner.
2015 Ford Taurus SHO PP 12.219@112.84
PPE catless DP, Gearhead IC, SP-534, Reische 170, 3 bar, hybrid meth system, tunes from Unleashed, Livernois, Brew City Boost & AJP

1965 Ford Mustang Convertible 289 4V/T5Z/3.55
1955 Ford Fairlane Club Sedan 272 4V/Fordomatic

ZSHO

Hawkeye is correct just put down the (passenger side) back seat and its located on top of the shock mount right behind the liner which is held down by two plastic Rivet's.  Z
I found using a small flat head screw driver and a pair of needle nose pliers to be ideal. Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

jbeez

Well that explains it, I now see the padding there, I was looking in the trunk side behind the liner and there was nothing there. I just went out and pulled the liner back on the passenger compartment side and saw it right there.  Thanks!
2014 PP SHO Darkside Metallic
K&N Panel filter, 3bar map, AJPTurbo tune, Motorcraft SP542 @.28, MSD Coils, PPE Catted downpipes, EBP Hot pipes w/ tial BOV, Tracy Lewis catch can, 170 tstat, 93 octane pump gas

pmezo33

You need to remove the back seat.  It's on the passenger side.  You can't miss it once you get back there.

ZSHO

The SHO is a piece of cake to find and replace the (FDM) while the MKS is more of a pita which needs to be accessed through the trunk.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

pmezo33

Quote from: ZSHO on April 27, 2017, 09:06:07 AM
The SHO is a piece of cake to find and replace the (FDM) while the MKS is more of a pita which needs to be accessed through the trunk.  Z

I did a 3.7 non-ecoboost mks about a month ago and got it through the backseat.  Not sure if the ecoboost mks is any different. Haven't had to replace mine yet.

sholxgt

Quote from: pmezo33 on April 27, 2017, 10:21:44 AM

I did a 3.7 non-ecoboost mks about a month ago and got it through the backseat.  Not sure if the ecoboost mks is any different. Haven't had to replace mine yet.

Do your rear seats fold down?  Mine do not.  Two choices with my MKS were remove the back seat or lay in the trunk and access through a small opening.  It was not easy to get to.
Current - 2019 F150 Platinum FX4 3.5 EB
Formerly -2013 MKS Ecoboost Premium
PPE Catted DP's, 170 Reische TS, K&N Drop In, AJP Tune only at track - 12.87@106

pmezo33

Quote from: sholxgt on May 01, 2017, 06:02:40 PM
Quote from: pmezo33 on April 27, 2017, 10:21:44 AM

Do your rear seats fold down?  Mine do not.  Two choices with my MKS were remove the back seat or lay in the trunk and access through a small opening.  It was not easy to get to.

They don't.  First you need to remove the lower half of the rear seats.  There are these two hooks that need to be pushed back to remove that section of the seats.  Then you'll have access to a few bolts by the seat belt buckles that loosen the upper part of the rear seat.  Loosen them up and just fold that upper section down and you'll have access to the fuel pump module.

It was fairly easy the first time around figuring out where everything was.  I could probably do it again in like 20 minutes now that i know where everything is.

avidmotion

Was replaced by warranty not recall. Smelled of propane and whined under medium acceleration. Fluid was low thick and dirty.
Sp542@.028, windstorm CAI, MSD coils, AO GH TUNE, GH intercooler, All Amsoil, General Gmax-rs summer tires, +PP, PP PADS,EDC rotors, Colinite 476s wax, used PPE DPs, Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete with custom X pipe, Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts|, 3 bar, stock thermostat,  TRACY LEWIS DESIGNED Team RXP, the Original oil separator.

avidmotion

20,000 miles later I changed to Amsoil and added a pigtail on the vent tube to make changing a breeze. 
Sp542@.028, windstorm CAI, MSD coils, AO GH TUNE, GH intercooler, All Amsoil, General Gmax-rs summer tires, +PP, PP PADS,EDC rotors, Colinite 476s wax, used PPE DPs, Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete with custom X pipe, Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts|, 3 bar, stock thermostat,  TRACY LEWIS DESIGNED Team RXP, the Original oil separator.