• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

1st attempt

Started by cseverens, August 19, 2016, 11:05:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cseverens

well, I finally found a friend to let me borrow a laptop so I can datalog torrie's tune. this is my first time attempting this. I never did it with my tunes on my SHO. I have the config file from torrie, and the first thing he wants is an all out wide open throttle in sport mode. I will attempt this at lunch time. there is a 2 lane (same direction) straight road right before the highway on ramp, and the on ramp is pretty long as well. SEE PIC. you can see the light in the distance, and the on ramps not far after it. my hope is to get up to 75-80 before I merge on the highway, and then shut it down. I ever go wide open, so I hope the car handles it!!

2013 Ford Flex Limited E/B

FoMoCoSHO

I'd save yourself some hassle and scrap the laptop.

Make sure everything is up to date (device, livelink, updater) and use this tutorial.

http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,6554.msg102137/topicseen.html#new

My resolution is much better using the handheld only. Much faster than with my powerful laptop.

Not to mention much less hassle.

cseverens

as expected, didn't go as easily as I hoped it would. first, that stop light stayed green, so I couldn't go as planned. got on the highway and pulled into breakdown lane. had several miscommunications between tuner and pc. eventually figured it out, and did the run. did seem to "starve" for fuel a little at one point. emailed to torrie. we'll see what happens. I've attached the log, in case anyone cares to view it. it's all jibberish to me!

AnotherGreenFusion

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on August 19, 2016, 11:57:27 AM

Make sure everything is up to date (device, livelink, updater) and use this tutorial.

http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,6554.msg102137/topicseen.html#new

My resolution is much better using the handheld only. Much faster than with my powerful laptop.

Interesting thanks for that; I keep meaning to set that up but am still using my beastly alienware machine.

Are you using the x4 or the TS+? Based on SCT's docs they have different capabilities when it comes to logging speed/resolution but I am not really sure if it matters with Ford's systems.
'15 Fusion SE 2.0 AWD
CP-E Cold Side, Hot Side, αIntake, QKspl DP & RMM | Boomba Can | Cordova TB | Synapse Gen III BOV | Levels FMIC | 160* T-Stat | Steeda STB, Sway | Flatout 5700 | SCT by Unleashed/LMS 93v11

PM me for AMSOil @ Cost

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: AnotherGreenFusion on August 19, 2016, 01:24:24 PM
Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on August 19, 2016, 11:57:27 AM

Interesting thanks for that; I keep meaning to set that up but am still using my beastly alienware machine.

Are you using the x4 or the TS+? Based on SCT's docs they have different capabilities when it comes to logging speed/resolution but I am not really sure if it matters with Ford's systems.
X4, at least until the GTX is released.

cseverens

lol, messed it up. forgot to put it in sport mode, and didn't have pedal to floor. made 2 more attempts, and the 3rd one was perfect. got a revised tune and loaded it. now to do another WOT pass for torrie. too bad my flex is being used by others most of the week, so it will have to wait.

ZSHO

Quote from: cseverens on August 22, 2016, 09:19:42 AM
lol, licked it up. forgot to put it in sport mode, and didn't have pedal to floor. made 2 more attempts, and the 3rd one was perfect. got a revised tune and loaded it. now to do another WOT pass for torrie. too bad my flex is being used by others most of the week, so it will have to wait.
Please refrain from using the [Fudged] word,thanks.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

cseverens

Quote from: ZSHO on August 22, 2016, 09:33:56 AM
Quote from: cseverens on August 22, 2016, 09:19:42 AM
lol, messed it up. forgot to put it in sport mode, and didn't have pedal to floor. made 2 more attempts, and the 3rd one was perfect. got a revised tune and loaded it. now to do another WOT pass for torrie. too bad my flex is being used by others most of the week, so it will have to wait.
Please refrain from using the Fudge word,thanks.  Z

10 4. my bad.

cseverens

still going. I've got the hang of this now! sent my 6th WOT log to Torrie last night. received new revision this morning. will load in to flex when I get home, and do it all over again. he says we are close.

side note, and I'm sure it's unrelated, but after loading the tune last night, my car said I had no gas, even though I filled it to half a tank from 1/4 tank the night before. I thought maybe someone siphoned it, but then it only took 12 gallons to fill. I am hoping that I don't have bad senders like I did in my 2009 flex. that was a pita, and very costly (replaced both pumps and senders and transfer tube to cover all the bases). I have esp this time, but I would really rather not deal with this situation again. it did adjust when I filled it, and I will keep an eye on it.

sholxgt

Everyone thought I was crazy, but mine did the same thing on one of my Torrie flashes.

Car ran like crud and said it had no gas.  I turned the car off/on several times and it eventually started to run fine and the gas gauge corrected itself.  That was quite a few miles ago and no problems since.
Current - 2019 F150 Platinum FX4 3.5 EB
Formerly -2013 MKS Ecoboost Premium
PPE Catted DP's, 170 Reische TS, K&N Drop In, AJP Tune only at track - 12.87@106

cseverens

Quote from: sholxgt on August 31, 2016, 11:10:28 AM
Everyone thought I was crazy, but mine did the same thing on one of my Torrie flashes.

I put several hundred miles on since that happened, and no issues. I literally just loaded my 5th tune revision from torrie. this tune did it as well....dropped my gas guage to empty. I will fill it up at lunch, and I'm sure it will be no issue, but I wonder what is in the tune that is causing that.

sholxgt

I don't know, but I had it happen to me again this week.  This time it was when removing a different tuners program and returning to stock.

I don't believe it has anything to do with the tune.  I think it's a communication issue between the SCT device and our cars.

Mine also does really funky things on most reflashes.  Sometimes it turns the defrost on high fan setting and attempts to drain the battery through the whole reflash process.  Very annoying.  That is even with ALL accessories turned off prior to starting the process.  I think my car is possessed.

This is the third car I've had with a tuner, but I've never experienced the oddities that happens with this car during the programming.  Always fine in the end, but it's scary every time.

PPE Catted DP's, 170 Reische TS, K&N Drop In, AJP Tune only at track - 12.87@106

SHOdded

This is the X4, right?  I'd raise the issue with SCT directly, see if they know anything about it.  We know the PCM was reprogrammed by Ford for 2013+, so that could be a factor also.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

cseverens

Quote from: SHOdded on September 09, 2016, 09:59:47 AM
This is the X4, right?

yes, I have x4. didn't have this issue on my 13 sho. same physical tuner unit.

I emailed sct. we'll see.

sholxgt

x4 for me as well.  Mine was purchased just a few months ago new from Torrie. 

Been on phone with SCT for about 45 minutes.  They got a ton of info from me and are researching.  Supposed to call back.  They are digging through the tunes, stock file, etc to see if they see the reason for the oddities.

That was after I spent the first 15 minutes convincing them that my car IS supported.  Their website shows no support for a 2013 Lincoln MKS.  He finally found out that it was an error on their Site.

To further complicate the matter, my Ford strategy code pulls up as a v8 Town Car in their system.  He said Ford is recycling strategy codes.