• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Las Vegas "The Strip" races

Started by thewrubelator, July 18, 2013, 09:48:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thewrubelator

hey yall, anyone else in the Vegas area on here? Well, i'm looking to try and get some ECO guys (or gals) together for the next Midnight Mayhem, which is August 23. Its $15 for unlimited runs, and goes from 8 or 9pm till 1am. I think it'd be cool to roll up with some of the best Blue Ovals on the road. ;D
SILVER SLEEPER
LMS 91v10 /  91Xv1~ Full-Race FMIC ~ AFE Stage 2 CAI ~ MAK 3" O/R D/P ~ 4" MBRP CatBack

Check out my build thread!

SoCalSHO

The track is about 20 minutes North of Las Vegas, isn't it?
Looks interesting, I have to buy a helmet though.
Robert
2010 Met White
GH tuned, 3 Bar, upgraded turbos, 91 Oct
K&N drop-in or airaid, Corsa Cat-back
1/8 Mile 8.380@83.42MPH

thewrubelator

Quote from: SoCalSHO on July 18, 2013, 11:09:06 PM
The track is about 20 minutes North of Las Vegas, isn't it?
Looks interesting, I have to buy a helmet though.

well, its right outside of North Las Vegas, about a 5 minute drive from Nellis AFB.  Im bringing my helmet just in case, if you run better than a 13 helmet is required. lol. you should come out!
SILVER SLEEPER
LMS 91v10 /  91Xv1~ Full-Race FMIC ~ AFE Stage 2 CAI ~ MAK 3" O/R D/P ~ 4" MBRP CatBack

SoCalSHO

Robert
2010 Met White
1/8 Mile 8.380@83.42MPH

thewrubelator

Quite a few, the only real busy ones are the first 2 or 3 of the year, cuz all the ricers come out wit their 16second Hondas. The usual crown are Mustangs, Camaros, Diesels, Tundras and some Trailblazer SS guys. Its a good time!
SILVER SLEEPER

EcoPowerParts

Socal just remember this is a HIGH DA track, don't be disappointed with your times. I used to lose over a second going to Vegas from Phoenix and we have slow times! :)
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

thewrubelator

Quote from: 4DRHTRD on August 02, 2013, 09:04:48 AM
Socal just remember this is a HIGH DA track, don't be disappointed with your times. I used to lose over a second going to Vegas from Phoenix and we have slow times! :)

Yes, not the best track at all. My truck only ran a best of 15.02 bone stock. I would be happy with 13s here, when I can run 12s back home.
SILVER SLEEPER

SoCalSHO

Jeez Mike, you trying to talk me out of going? I guess I can correct the time on a DA convertor from drag times.
Robert
2010 Met White
1/8 Mile 8.380@83.42MPH

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: SoCalSHO on August 07, 2013, 01:10:28 AM
Jeez Mike, you trying to talk me out of going? I guess I can correct the time on a DA convertor from drag times.
No, I just don't want you to be as shocked as I was when I went for the first time. :)
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

SoCalSHO

Robert
2010 Met White
1/8 Mile 8.380@83.42MPH

SoCalSHO

Robert
2010 Met White
1/8 Mile 8.380@83.42MPH

thewrubelator

Oh oh I will! Lol. My buddy is bringin is new 5.0 too.
SILVER SLEEPER

SoCalSHO

I was watching some of the videos from midnight madness. I did not see another EB car there. If you haven't raced there, we may be some of the first. Also, about that tree at the start line. It seems that after we're staged, all the yellows come on, then green. Should I launch when the yellows come on? As long as I shallow stage?
Robert
2010 Met White
1/8 Mile 8.380@83.42MPH

EcoBrick Bob

Hey!!! My son Jamie and his GF are going to be in Vegas from the 22 (Thurs) thru that Sun.

While they are flying in from Iowa...  They like our cars like their own....

D.A.. will be crappy like 4DR says... but still FUN! 

Jamie has 2 GTO's and is in process of  ordering a 2014 Vette. 
2010 Red Candy/White EB Flex.. World's first 12 second Brick.. 12.904 @ 106.85 MPH - October 2011
2009 Spt. Red G8 GT - modded. best time 12.074 & 114.02 MPH
2008 White G8 GT - mods... 8.32 1/8 mi.

Naples, FL & Clear Lake, IA
Bob has decided not to post here any more, please do not PM him he will not receive it.

SoCalSHO

Maybe they can rent a 500H mustang and join in. Or Video. Do they still rent 500H's?
Robert
2010 Met White
1/8 Mile 8.380@83.42MPH