• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

*Erased*

Started by Zalvern, July 28, 2016, 11:48:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOdded

Sorry to hear about the windshield, Zalvern, really hate to see that on a brand new car :(  But looks like you and your dealership have things well in hand, so, Kudos!

Coolant and windshield wiper fluid.  Both starved on pretty much every rental I've had the last few years as well.  Always topped it off myself (costs, but ...) before returning.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SHOdded

Came out great, glad you could get the battery to fit.

AnotherGreenFusion

Thanks for all this detail. I think you may have sold me on trying BND coolant at least. Will have to run through my stores of AMSOil before trying any other fluids.
'15 Fusion SE 2.0 AWD
CP-E Cold Side, Hot Side, αIntake, QKspl DP & RMM | Boomba Can | Cordova TB | Synapse Gen III BOV | Levels FMIC | 160* T-Stat | Steeda STB, Sway | Flatout 5700 | SCT by Unleashed/LMS 93v11

PM me for AMSOil @ Cost

paokara777

the MKZ (2017 facelift) is maybe the best looking sedan made in USA.
Daily Drive:
2010 Ford Taurus SHO, AJP 3BAR 93, K&N drop in
Weekend Cruiser:
1968 Ford Mustang Coupe 289 C Code
4Bl Carb, HiPo Cam, Headers and Exhaust

SHOdded

Quote from: Zalvern on August 24, 2016, 11:57:36 PM
Should get it back Friday, just in time before I take it to the Cincinnati area Edgewater Drag Strip Test n' Tune night for some times that people have been wondering on, with stock tune of course.
To use a shoman04 expression, :mike1: ...

Brucelinc

I can't dance like Shoman04 but I can't wait to see some timeslips on this!!   :zumbujump:

14SHOCAR

I absolutely want this car. I have a few more miles to throw on my SHO, but this is a MUST FOR ME.

LOVE IT!!!!!!
18 Volvo S90 Inscription - 2.0T Twin Charged - Polestar Tuned.
17 Lincoln MKZ 3.0T GTDI -To Tune, or Not To Tune -- THAT is the question.
15 Road Glide Special - CFR Exhaust, Powder Coated everything, DirtyAir Air ride
14 Taurus SHO (Sold)
LMS 93 V8 3Bar Tune, K&N Intake, LMS 160 t-stat, LMS pre-gapped plugs, Corsa Exhaust

dappie99

dappie99

I know you said the car is leased but what was the sticker price with those options?

Gjkrisa

What did you actually pay mine was 38 with trade in then after I left it was 40

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
2016 Taurus SHO pp Shadow Black
diy emblems,jms boost max, FORscan modder

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: Zalvern on August 25, 2016, 04:05:41 PM
Quote from: dappie99 on August 25, 2016, 01:59:48 PM
I know you said the car is leased but what was the sticker price with those options?

$59,995 was the sticker. Chroma Exterior Paint and Panaramic Roof would of ran it almost 4 grand more, but neither are options I was interested in. But the incentives and plan benefits helped greatly. Compared to other cars in that price range, I found it worth it. Black Label Lincolns have better depreciation than the non-Black Labels, along with other benefits.

Just realized I better get myself a Snell certified motorcycle helmet for the track. Just in case it does break under 13.99 (My gut feeling says it will)...or I won't get more than a single run in.
With more power and I assume less weight than the SHO it has to be a 13 second car.

It amazes me that no one has reviewed one yet.

How much does it weigh?

Brucelinc

We know there are a number of factors that impact quarter mile results...DA, track prep, launch technique to name a few.  Car & Driver tested a Cadillac CT6 with their 3.0 404 HP engine and reported a 13.5 quarter mile time.   I would expect the MKZ to be in that area if conditions are similar.

FoMoCoSHO

FoMoCoSHO