• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

*Erased*

Started by Zalvern, July 28, 2016, 11:48:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOdded

The appearance cover should be WELDED on on this one LOL ...
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SHOdded

Mainly a matter of having a test car for build & fitment, a group buy would be nice though, to help with pricing.  Wonder what the differences are between the 2.7EB and 3.0EB in that department.

Take the downpipes off, take it to a CAD station, get the sizing done, send it off to manufacture ... NAH too easy!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

92BlackGT

that's a nice looking car! that may be my next car if they're still making them in 5 years.
'14 Taurus SHO - non PP, Unleashed E20 tune, 3 bar - 12.91 @ 106.5 mph
'93 Mustang Coupe - AFR 165's, FTI cam, ported Cobra intake - 13.05 @ 105.6 mph

Ryan02Stang

Wow...looks really nice man!  Good luck...can't believe these make 400hp stock!
2015 Explorer Sport
2012 Lincoln MKS ecoboost, Unleashed
2002 Mustang GT, Vortech Supercharged

SHOdded

I wonder what that plastic piece was. That is puzzling, and possibly worrisome.

You may have to get a set of BND banners and decals :)  Nothing but the best for ZEO!

SHOdded

Are the pipes 2.5"?  Stock they are 2.25" on the SHO, at least for Gen 4.1 ...

sholxgt

Looks like 2.5" back to the third cat and then 2.25" from the third cat to the back.

Those down pipes look very good.  May not be room for improvement if running with cats.  Might be a good candidate for a cat back exhaust though.
Current - 2019 F150 Platinum FX4 3.5 EB
Formerly -2013 MKS Ecoboost Premium
PPE Catted DP's, 170 Reische TS, K&N Drop In, AJP Tune only at track - 12.87@106

FearlessAZ

Looks good. Love the info about the fluid changes. Always interesting to see how an aftermarket fluid reacts compared to OEM. Anything to lower those temps though.
2010 Non PP Sho. All the factory goodies. (RIP)

2015 MKS Ecoboost. All the factory goodies. (SOLD)

SHOdded

glock-coma

Quote from: Zalvern on August 08, 2016, 10:47:48 PM
Quote from: SHOdded on August 08, 2016, 10:35:37 PM
Plan to put ZEO on the track?

Hm, track as in drag strip? Ha yes for a start, even though I never been to one (didn't want feel embarrassed by my FWD Fusion's limitations). Even Brian says with what I'm doing, I got to get out to a strip for fun and a dyno with this car.

Perhaps...once I get the engine oil in and break past 1500 miles, I'll hit up one of the Cleveland, OH area drag strips before I have to switch out the summer tires.

Gotta be one of the few "Hot Rod Lincoln" drivers out there! Not many other than the MKS owners, which are rare.
I'm in the Parma area, if you ever want to go to the track give me a heads up. I may be going to summit raceway park (Norwalk) on Friday the 19th for test and tune.
They're having a Mitsubishi track weekend but any car is able to run in test and tune.
One other guy with an Ecoboost f150 from shoforum might be going also.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

SHOdded

will be cool to see a first year Gen 4 SHO and a first year (Gen 3?) MKZ run together at the track :thumb:

Brucelinc

I can't wait to see how these MKZs and also Fusion Sports run at the track.  Amazingly, there have been no real road tests with hard numbers conducted by the reputable sources yet. 

Based on the car I test drove with only 32 miles on it, my guess is that a stock MKZ nicely broken it should be a low to mid 13 second car.  The burning question for me is how much difference a tune will make on this engine.  It already has much more HP to displacement than the 3.5.  We KNOW the 3.5 responds exceptionally well to tuning.  I wonder if there that much headroom with the 3.0.

SHOdded

One of the advantages with the latest EB engines is that the block is CGI and thus stronger.  It should respond at least as well to tuning as the 3.5EB does.  With the 2.7EB (transverse), a tune nets 90+ awhp/90ish awtq.

markssho

My dealer has two 3.0 Ecoboost MKZ's. I might have to go drive one too. My biggest worry is that I will catch the new car bug!

I'm surprised there are no reviews yet. I'm hearing that Lincoln won't let journalist have any of the fleet cars for such purposes.

Sent from my XT1094 using Tapatalk

2010 Taurus SHO, Cinnamon, 402B, ACC

glock-coma

This is one of the many reasons I love Amazon.....customer service.
Especially if your a prime member. They will bend over backwards to please you.   I think there's a few fusion owners on this forum that are local.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)