• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

*Erased*

Started by Zalvern, July 28, 2016, 11:48:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sholxgt

Wow!  That's awesome!  I didn't know DTV was available on the MKZ.  That is a huge step up in performance.

Strangely, I see the Drivers Package listed as an available feature on Lincoln.com, but it's not in the build your own section as an option.  Do you recall what the package adds to the cost?
Current - 2019 F150 Platinum FX4 3.5 EB
Formerly -2013 MKS Ecoboost Premium
PPE Catted DP's, 170 Reische TS, K&N Drop In, AJP Tune only at track - 12.87@106

BizzyGeek

Start with a reserve trim 300a awd build and add the 3.0t. You'll get the drivers package option to show up.

Brucelinc

The only concern I have with additional power being sent to the rear is additional stress and heat to the PTU. 

sholxgt

Quote from: BizzyGeek on October 05, 2016, 09:15:48 AM
Start with a reserve trim 300a awd build and add the 3.0t. You'll get the drivers package option to show up.

Thanks!  I see what I was doing wrong.  I had not selected AWD.  I thought that was mandatory with the 3.0 motor.  Can you imagine an MKZ with only FWD and the 3.0?  That would have to make for a horrible combination.
Current - 2019 F150 Platinum FX4 3.5 EB
Formerly -2013 MKS Ecoboost Premium
PPE Catted DP's, 170 Reische TS, K&N Drop In, AJP Tune only at track - 12.87@106

BizzyGeek

Quote from: sholxgt on October 05, 2016, 01:14:40 PM
Quote from: BizzyGeek on October 05, 2016, 09:15:48 AM

Thanks!  I see what I was doing wrong.  I had not selected AWD.  I thought that was mandatory with the 3.0 motor.  Can you imagine an MKZ with only FWD and the 3.0?  That would have to make for a horrible combination.
Yeah, I get enough more than enough torque steer from a dig, even with the awd because the car is based on the front drive platform. I think it'd be pretty miserable without the awd. Maybe some front drivers will weigh in differently.

The drivers package torque vectoring/sport diff made this car good enough for me that I could compromise on some drivability and not go with a Q50 Red Sport or 340i, both true drivers cars, in exchange for a little more cabin tech and some comfort/livability. I agonized over the decision, but I feel like it's more than enough performance for a daily driver. Five years and a few kids ago, I probably would've made a different choice

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

Gjkrisa

When my ptu gets the hot warning it's goes to front wheel only I didn't notice any torque steer oddly but it roast the tires at half throttle.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

2016 Taurus SHO pp Shadow Black
diy emblems,jms boost max, FORscan modder

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

AnotherGreenFusion

Good luck! I will call it a 13.7 or better (maybe even 13.5) depending on how badly torque management screws you over but you should do better than the 13.8-14.0 the 2.7 sees just from the larger displacement giving you more topend pull.
'15 Fusion SE 2.0 AWD
CP-E Cold Side, Hot Side, αIntake, QKspl DP & RMM | Boomba Can | Cordova TB | Synapse Gen III BOV | Levels FMIC | 160* T-Stat | Steeda STB, Sway | Flatout 5700 | SCT by Unleashed/LMS 93v11

PM me for AMSOil @ Cost

BizzyGeek

Quote from: Zalvern on October 05, 2016, 10:02:53 PM
Not too worried about the PTU, as I have yet to see any temperature ranges in stock tune that get above standard operating temperature. I'll give it QuantumBlue gear oil to be even more golden in durability terms.

What exactly the 3.0T Engine has going for it is still a mystery. I may see if my Cleveland Engine Plant X-Plan sponser  can get any information from the Lima Engine Plant where the 3.0T is made. As in comparison to the 3.5L and 2.7L Ecoboost Engine. There are no articles on the 3.0T's design sadly.

Now this Friday I will be going back to the drag strip at Edgewater Sports Park, as it is test n' tune night. I'll be taking my laptop with me for deeper FORScan logging.

Time to see what slip times I can really get. Old issue was the uncanny charge air temp spike to 170 degrees, nullifying a lot of launch power. I know how to avoid that now. Nearing 4000 miles so experience has been gained.
I'd love it if you could record an accurate sea level 0-60 somehow. Nobody has published one anywhere that I've been able to find. My best guess is about five flat, but that's based on nothing but intuition.

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

Brucelinc

Zalvern, the last time you ran, the DA was terrible and you didn't have many miles on the car.  You also admitted that your launch technique could be improved.   Everything should be better now so I wouldn't be surprised to see a 13.5.   I hope it is even quicker!   I agree with Bizzy on a 5 flat 0-60.  There are calculators on line that provide a very accurate 0-60 based on your 1/8 mile ET and speed.  Once we see a good timeslip, we can also get a good idea of the 0-60.

limited02

May I ask what happened?

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: limited02 on October 17, 2016, 11:02:24 PM
May I ask what happened?
We shall refer to it as "The Great Flouncing"...

glock-coma

Should we all use the thank you button on the first post now?
2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

BOT_ROCKET

What? I'm assuming I missed some sort of drama. Bummer.
'17 Fusion Sport 2.7l Ecoboost AWD
Ortiz Tune  (in progress)

2017 Ford Fusion Sport, 1st stock run: 8.98 @ 77.15 MPH

glock-coma

2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)