• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Tranny Blues

Started by Dxlnt1, March 18, 2016, 10:41:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dxlnt1

I don't think the installation was bad. I think the mind set of only repair what is bad is why I am having issues now. If Ford had rebuilt whole transmission when it failed before, there would be no worn torque converter or valve body to go bad. It would have been serviced or replaced then. And now it turns out my warranty company is the true problem here. And I have no recourse at this time.
2011 SHO, 3 Bar, AJP Turbo-Tune, ACES IV, Boostane 170 T-stat, PPE Catted DP's, Alpine Sound system, Touch screen HVAC controls, full window tint

FoMoCoSHO

So they are giving you $800 for the tranny plus labor?

If I've read this right, I would consider ponying up the extra 2 grand to get a reman with a nice warranty with it. Remans typically have a better warranty than a new part anyway and sometimes design defects are corrected during the process.

In the long run, it's far cheaper than a new car and you will have some peace of mind going forward.

I know this is a bitter pill since you already paid for the "warranty" but in the long run it may end up saving you money/stress/hassle down the road.

Dxlnt1

2 months and 3 days, I finally have my car back from dealer. What a nightmare.

As of now car appears to drive fine as I have only driven it to work since it was last minute pickup. PTU fluid was replaced and unit inspected as a leak developed while car was being serviced.

I feel violated with this ordeal. I am sadistically hoping the trans breaks again. Will be another nail in the coffin of my ownership of this car. So in all fairness will drive it for a bit and see.
2011 SHO, 3 Bar, AJP Turbo-Tune, ACES IV, Boostane 170 T-stat, PPE Catted DP's, Alpine Sound system, Touch screen HVAC controls, full window tint

BiGMaC

Got my fingers crossed for you... You're due some REALLY good luck after your ordeal with this tranny!

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

SHOdded

Not sure what to root for here, but as a SHO guy, I would hope the repair holds.  But I see your point.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Dxlnt1

To resurrect an old thread, my (used) new trans has leaked pretty much since it was installed. Dealer never able to pinpoint exact location of leak.

Since my warranty coming to an end I take car back to dealer to check again. Found leaks trans halfs come together AND on control module. Roughly $2000 to split case and reseal. Nope, not my warranty. They sending another used tranny. While I was hopeful trans would last mostly because I talked myself out of buying the CTS for financial reasons, I really think it's time for this car to go. No love or luck with trans. Car runs GREAT but the trans.......

SHOdded

Wouldnt it be better to buy a Ford remanned trans rather than a whole new car? Or take it to a trans shop for a professional rebuild?  Just thinking out loud ...
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Dxlnt1

Yes it would. But not feeling to good about buying a warranty for this type of issue and still have to spend the money for the repair myself!

I thought about that too. But IF I did, I would I would use an aftermarket build.

http://www.smartpartsauto.com/automatic_transmission_6f50.html

glock-coma

If that has leaked since day one of the new install and ford  couldn't figure out where it was coming from I would've been looking for a new dealer LOL.
it's pretty damn obvious it's leaking from the casing WHERE THE GASKET IS SQUEEZED OUT.
You're supposed to wait a specific amount of time to let the gasket material setup before you bring the halves together
2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)