• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Tranny Blues

Started by Dxlnt1, March 18, 2016, 10:41:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Blackhawk

Just an FYI, you can go to Ford directly for an extended warranty in the future no matter where you buy it.  You can buy it online for like 40% off MSRP, you just need to bring it to a dealer to get inspected.   

Quote from: Dxlnt1 on March 26, 2016, 02:56:29 PM
Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on March 26, 2016, 02:09:43 PM
DX is your extended warranty Ford ESP?

No its not. Didn't buy car from Ford dealer so that wasn't an option.

Blackhawk

Great article, I never really thought through it like that.  A friend of mine had his trans rebuilt in his Buick Enclave which is basically the same and it's been a nightmare.  They put in updated wave plates but there were still issues.  They finally flashed the controller to get it to shift right but now his MPG is way down.   He would have been better with a rebuilt that had all the updates

Hearing his issues with the trans is what made me purchase the extended warranty.  It does seem that Ford has had way less issues with their version of this trans though.

Quote from: SHOdded on April 11, 2016, 10:01:04 AM
http://etereman.com/blog/transmission-care/remanufactured-vs-rebuilt-4-reasons-why-a-reman-trans-is-your-best-option

BiGMaC

Quote from: Dxlnt1 on April 11, 2016, 12:24:19 AM
Warranty company finally approved work. Its still an ongoing fight but that's another story. They are sending a "replacement" unit to be installed. So I have no clue if it is new, used or rebuilt. Will find out on Monday. Part is coming from LKQ parts. A national auto parts distributor. I cant tell from there website if they offer used parts, so Im thinking the trans is a completely rebuilt unit. We will see.
Hope it works out to your liking. Fingers crossed!

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

SHOdded

Quote from: Blackhawk on April 11, 2016, 10:19:48 AM
Hearing his issues with the trans is what made me purchase the extended warranty.  It does seem that Ford has had way less issues with their version of this trans though.
Amen to that!  Personally, I know I could squirrel away money for service repairs, but prefer to bite the bullet get an extended warranty instead.  Has always paid off for me, since I buy used only.  The last new vehicle I got was back in 1997 ...
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SHOnUup

Hope all goes well on the fix.

On a brighter note, I finally got something back that was made for you after your kind gesture before.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

Dxlnt1

Quote from: SHOnUup on April 12, 2016, 05:00:49 PM
Hope all goes well on the fix.

On a brighter note, I finally got something back that was made for you after your kind gesture before.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Thank you for that. Those are hot! Best news I've gotten about this car since this crap began almost a month ago.

Todays update:
Warranty company planning to use as replacement a 'USED" transmission. Yep you heard me right. I am losing my mind right now. They claim they gave dealer the option to accept or reject the parts they would send. Or I could take cash value and.....

Their cash value for used trans the found, $800. A rebuilt factory trans roughly $2800. They also have approved $1000 for labor. But I had to authorize $3000 to remove transmission for inspection. In which they never inspected! Needless to say I am NOT a happy camper. Still fighting though. Finance company involved, Ford involved somethings gotta give!
2011 SHO, 3 Bar, AJP Turbo-Tune, ACES IV, Boostane 170 T-stat, PPE Catted DP's, Alpine Sound system, Touch screen HVAC controls, full window tint

SHOdded

Hang in there, man, justice will prevail!  Can't imagine how hard this must be 4 u.

Dxlnt1

Car been at dealer since 3/25. Since then, 3 wrong AND used transmissions have been sent by warranty company. They are and will be trying to deny rental car coverage on top of everything else.

At this point, I don't even want the car anymore. So after repairs, I will be listing car for sale! IM DONE!
2011 SHO, 3 Bar, AJP Turbo-Tune, ACES IV, Boostane 170 T-stat, PPE Catted DP's, Alpine Sound system, Touch screen HVAC controls, full window tint

SHOdded

What a clusterf***!  Hope you are keeping all documentation to get back the money you paid for the warranty.  And then some.  Sic a lawyer on their beehinds  :curse:

BiGMaC

Dave... Sorry to hear that saga. I feel your frustration. Regardless of what you do with the car, be sure you direct it at the actual cause, the warranty company... They owe you. There are real damages here.

It's why I went with Ford for the extended warranty.... BTW, who is the company. Folks should know so they can avoid that one

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI

AJP turbo

I typically don't like lawsuits for every little thing....But 3 wrong transmissions and no rental car? Someone is incompetent and deserves to be sued....I'd sue for all that's legit and pain and suffering and punitive damages to make it worth the time and trouble and lost work time
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

Dxlnt1

You guys are right about the directing my frustrations where they should be. But it has been an exhausting effort. I buy warranty to avoid these issues and this is what I get. I feel violated with this car. And a used transmission installed, after the transmission has already had issues last year doesn't give me the warm and fuzzy about this car. Had it not got out in years past I may say ok and just suck it up. But transmissions in 2 years? Likely to fail again next year. So not willing to pay for a $6000 repair on my own.

Oh and latest is replacement part won't arrive at dealership until 5/4/16!

SHOdded

New part this time or ...?  Too bad you can't lemon law the car or the warranty.

BiGMaC

One last thought I had.... Could faulty installation causing something to be off center in the rotating parts of the driveline or tranny have caused the failure? I have to wonder myself with 2 tranny failures in as many years.