• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

ATPTurbo is jumping into the ECOBOOST V6

Started by jdeprato, July 11, 2013, 01:29:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jdeprato

I saw on the ATPTurbo.com website the other day when looking at stuff for my new dd a Mazdaspeed6. Nothing listed other than a category, but nonetheless another vendor is looking into our cars!
-2007 Chevy Trailblazer SS (mods to come!)
-2011 SHO Sold!
-2006 GTO (some mods)
-2006 Mazda Mazdaspeed 6 (some mods)

bpd1151

Awesome to hear. It may be advantageous to extend them an invite here as far as vending goes....

The more the merrier, and i'm sure there'd be a few willing members to step up to "test mule" plate. :ok:

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

jdeprato

They are in the Hayward, CA area, so if anyone is around there they should drop by and pay them a visit! lol...  :drive:
-2011 SHO Sold!
-2006 GTO (some mods)

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: jdeprato on July 11, 2013, 01:29:42 PM
I saw on the ATPTurbo.com website the other day when looking at stuff for my new dd a Mazdaspeed6. Nothing listed other than a category, but nonetheless another vendor is looking into our cars!
Another vendor I hit up initially, I hope they can figure out a true turbo upgrade instead of a stock turbo impeller scenario. Twin GT35R would be AWESOME.
I actually was the 2nd guy to get one of their GT35R upgrades done on my MS6, took about 5 weeks to blow that motor massively. :(
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

jdeprato

4DRHTRD were you on Mazda6club? I used to be on there all the time when I had my previous Mazdaspeed6 back in the day. I bought it new back in 2006 and had done a handful of things to the car, but nothing crazy. There wasn't any tuning available yet. CP-E was trying to get their standback out and they had some kind of limited flashing capability, but not COBB has jumped in and that's pretty much what everyone uses now. Anyways back on topic, ATP does make pretty decent turbo upgrades, so we'll have to see what they come up with.
-2011 SHO Sold!
-2006 GTO (some mods)

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: jdeprato on July 11, 2013, 02:32:11 PM
4DRHTRD were you on Mazda6club? I used to be on there all the time when I had my previous Mazdaspeed6 back in the day. I bought it new back in 2006 and had done a handful of things to the car, but nothing crazy. There wasn't any tuning available yet. CP-E was trying to get their standback out and they had some kind of limited flashing capability, but not COBB has jumped in and that's pretty much what everyone uses now. Anyways back on topic, ATP does make pretty decent turbo upgrades, so we'll have to see what they come up with.
Yes, I was the guy with the custom liquid to air top mount IC, I drove to Texas to get BEGI to install a piggyback from Vishnu which worked horribly and then bought the CP-E. The car popped the motor and I bailed out. Now it's pretty easy to build a 400WHP MS6.
:)
www.ecopowerparts.com -
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.

EcoPowerParts

I contacted ATP, they are building the turbos.
Quote from: ATP Turbo
Mike,

Rumor is true.

With that kind of track record, you will definitely be on top of the contact list when production turbos are ready to go in the coming months.

Make sure you have a tuning solution lined up so that you can control boost and get more fuel.

We will have some great turbos to bolt on to these engine and they will make  a lot of power!

Thanks for your interest.

Have a great day!
www.ecopowerparts.com -

jdeprato

Oh yeah I remember your setup now! I was the guy living in Alabama at the time and I was the guy that posted the video on youtube with the Borla XR-1 muffler setup and everyone was like who is this guy where do I get that setup! lol...I even had Borla contact me to see if it was okay for them to use my youtube video. I'm not sure they ever did, but anyways back to the regularly scheduled program. So when I ATP got back to me yesterday it sounded more like they were shooting for the F150 first, but I think they are working on the turbos in parallel with our SHO platform as well. In their email they said they were hoping to see some 10 second SHOs and some 11 second F150s by the end of the summer! One can dream right? Although in your case maybe it's a 10 second box!
-2011 SHO Sold!
-2006 GTO (some mods)

darreli

Quote from: jdeprato on July 12, 2013, 07:08:36 AM
Oh yeah I remember your setup now! I was the guy living in Alabama at the time and I was the guy that posted the video on youtube with the Borla XR-1 muffler setup and everyone was like who is this guy where do I get that setup! lol...I even had Borla contact me to see if it was okay for them to use my youtube video. I'm not sure they ever did, but anyways back to the regularly scheduled program. So when I ATP got back to me yesterday it sounded more like they were shooting for the F150 first, but I think they are working on the turbos in parallel with our SHO platform as well. In their email they said they were hoping to see some 10 second SHOs and some 11 second F150s by the end of the summer! One can dream right? Although in your case maybe it's a 10 second box!

I love the idea!!! I can't see anyone running 10s in the SHO on the stock short block however.  I believe the power can be made without a doubt...even now. My turbos are supposedly capable of 30lbs and I'm at 19. There's alot more there..but I haven't been able to get the power to the ground. I'm glad the market is FINALLY catching on though...it's only been 4 years! Lol

jdeprato

Yeah the Mazdaspeed6 community had the same problem initially. At least the SHO had tuning pretty quickly. The tuning for the Mazdaspeed6 took what felt like forever to happen. I think we are much further along than that car was at the time. Yeah I'm with you though, I think we are going to start breaking other stuff before we see 10s, especially because of traction issues as well.
-2011 SHO Sold!
-2006 GTO (some mods)

Txstrmhntr

Has anyone thought of contacting BorgWarner about the possibility of beefing up the AWD driveline? The Veyron uses a Haldex system so it obvious they can make one to handle the power.
OLD
2013 Taurus SHO with PP, LET Tuned, ATP+2 Turbos ,PPE Hotpipes, PPE off road DP's,  Alky control methanol injection
NEW-- 2016 Kona Blue Fiesta ST, Stock(not for long)

EcoPowerParts

Update on this:
ATP turbo is releasing a turbo setup for the cars and trucks. Trucks this month more than likely and cars in 45 to 90 days (hopefully).
As I know I'll update everyone and I'm becoming a dealer so I can offer some group buys!
Exciting times.
I was told transverse (flex/sho etc) turbos will support 600-700whp. Upgraded center section, awesome! Turbos will be a variation of this as well.
I was told they will use all stock piping and be a bolt in solution.
www.ecopowerparts.com -

bpd1151

Awesome to hear!

So is it my understanding from your cryptic post that these will entail an actual, full work up, on both sides of the turbo, as well as the internals?

If so, sounds like these ATP turbos may be the creme de la creme, or THE best marriage of BOTH current turbo upgrades that are available.

Oh my! :doh:

Good times for sure! :popcorn:

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 6

shoman04

Quote from: 4DRHTRD on July 11, 2013, 02:15:22 PM
Quote from: jdeprato on July 11, 2013, 01:29:42 PM
Another vendor I hit up initially, I hope they can figure out a true turbo upgrade instead of a stock turbo impeller scenario. Twin GT35R would be AWESOME.
I actually was the 2nd guy to get one of their GT35R upgrades done on my MS6, took about 5 weeks to blow that motor massively. :(
Ha 4DR On another post you told about blowing up you mazda. So is it that mazda engine will only handle so much power or this vendor did a bad job on the mazda?
2011 KONA BLU SHO,Livernois Tune,AIRAID CAI,DYNOMAX MUFFLEs,Newest member of the 12sec CLUB 12.669sec @ 107mph    2011 Ford Taurus SHO: 12.669 @ 105.050 MPH NEW FOR 2013LMS down-pipe,Magnaflow X-pipe,and Custom 2.5"exhaust pipe!! Meth and stage 5 next to be install!!!!!! METH DYNO TUNE today 405AWHP!!!WOW LMS track day 12.4209sec   :mike1:

shoman04

Quote from: Txstrmhntr on July 16, 2013, 10:39:38 PM
Has anyone thought of contacting BorgWarner about the possibility of beefing up the AWD driveline? The Veyron uses a Haldex system so it obvious they can make one to handle the power.
From want I understand our drivetrain traction/pwr will handling MOD. Not braking it with too much pwr not the problem,  but Ford limit how much pwr will go to the rwd. The AWD builder said it will handle more but Ford has program it at only 150ft/lb limit. Nobody have cracked that code yet.
2011 KONA BLU SHO,Livernois Tune,AIRAID CAI,DYNOMAX MUFFLEs,Newest member of the 12sec CLUB 12.669sec @ 107mph    2011 Ford Taurus SHO: 12.669 @ 105.050 MPH NEW FOR 2013LMS down-pipe,Magnaflow X-pipe,and Custom 2.5"exhaust pipe!! Meth and stage 5 next to be install!!!!!! METH DYNO TUNE today 405AWHP!!!WOW LMS track day 12.4209sec   :mike1: