• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

ATPTurbo is jumping into the ECOBOOST V6

Started by jdeprato, July 11, 2013, 01:29:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: shoman04 on August 16, 2013, 06:06:28 AM
Ha 4DR On another post you told about blowing up you mazda. So is it that mazda engine will only handle so much power or this vendor did a bad job on the mazda?
When I did the turbo upgrade from ATP there was no true tuning capability for the platform, I drove to TX to have a piggyback ECU installed and it was done wrong. I also was not doing a great job of monitoring and the car went super lean and blew a rod out the block. We have great tuning capacity with our cars and the ECU will not let you go lean and blow the car up from what I've experienced so far. Who knows what would happen if you tried to run 30psi on it without enough fuel but so far it's been very smart and protective of my stupidity. :)
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

bpd1151

Quote from: 4DRHTRD on August 15, 2013, 09:23:23 PM
Update on this:

ATP turbo is releasing a turbo setup for the cars and trucks.

Trucks this month more than likely and cars in 45 to 90 days (hopefully).

As I know I'll update everyone and I'm becoming a dealer so I can offer some group buys!

Exciting times.

I was told transverse (flex/sho etc) turbos will support 600-700whp. Upgraded center section, awesome!
Turbos will be a variation of this as well.

I was told they will use all stock piping and be a bolt in solution.

I'm counting the days 'til more info gets released on this.  :play_ball:

Retro check cashed, money in hand.  :popcorn:

EcoPowerParts

My dealer account is all set up, just waiting for info! :)
www.ecopowerparts.com -
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.

Orguss

I've seen the ATP Turbo Focus ST at Infineon doing drag racing.  It's a pretty beefy looking car, but there's not much that's visible in the engine compartment.  I decided to visit them and see about having my car dyno tested.  The guy at the front desk was a douche, showing no interest in why I would want a dyno test or what type of vehicle I was driving.  He just told me they don't do tests for the public and told me where I should go, which was a shop a mile away, where the crew was friendly and the cars were varied.

ATP Turbo impresses me with their on-track performance.  Do I want to do business with ATP Turbo?  No.  They don't seem to want the business and I don't intend to give them any.

EcoPowerParts

It sucks you had a bad experience with an employee at a well known manufacturer of turbo parts but counting out the only company that's shown turbo upgrade love to our platform over an employee's attitude is silliness. Never going to buy food at the local supermarket because an employee is a jackass, nope I'll just complain to the store manager and remove the issue if possible.
I'm looking forward to getting my +2 setup this week and BPD should be getting his +1's next week.
We'll get you some numbers and you won't have to deal with ATP, you can deal with me. :)
www.ecopowerparts.com -

bpd1151

Every person that i've mentioned to about ATP doing my turbo upgrades has had nothing but stellar reviews/comments / praise about them & their products.

I kind of agree with 4DR here, that irrespective of one parts/counter minion exerting his douche baggery, I wouldn't be so quick to cross them (as a company overall) off the list of available options.

From the sounds of the pre-product launch info provided thus far, ATP is really the only vendor performing an actual true upgrade that is all encompassing from A to Z.

I am pretty stoked about getting my set let me tell 'ya. :smoke:

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 6

atpturbo_customer_service

Quote from: Orguss on September 10, 2013, 10:37:50 PM
I've seen the ATP Turbo Focus ST at Infineon doing drag racing.  It's a pretty beefy looking car, but there's not much that's visible in the engine compartment.  I decided to visit them and see about having my car dyno tested.  The guy at the front desk was a douche, showing no interest in why I would want a dyno test or what type of vehicle I was driving.  He just told me they don't do tests for the public and told me where I should go, which was a shop a mile away, where the crew was friendly and the cars were varied.

ATP Turbo impresses me with their on-track performance.  Do I want to do business with ATP Turbo?  No.  They don't seem to want the business and I don't intend to give them any.

Orguss - I stumbled onto this post and I just had to respond because I happen to work in customer service.

First - on behalf of ATP Turbo, I would like to apologize to you for the leaving you high and dry and feeling unattended to after you spent valuable time to make the trek out to see us in Hayward.

There was no excuse for this. 

ATP does want your business.  And whether we end up getting your business or not, we always want you to have good communication with us, especially when it comes to anything even remotely related to the turbocharger.    Your impression of us is very important to us and we do want to be resourceful to you where possible.

As you already know, at least 1 or 2 of our staffers are out at the track or strip every week to do product testing and part of their job is to answer questions from random people at those venues.  They are there to answer all these questions so you don't even have to come to our facility!

What the person at the counter should have told you *properly* and politely is that ATP does not rent out our dyno to the general public.  We do not work on customer cars for that matter.   We have such a large network of performance shops in the area that we sell to  that we decided a decade a go that we would rather funnel the retail and installation business to these other shops so that we can have a working relationship at all levels of the customer chain.   On top of that, we have a fleet of test cars that is always in the middle of dissection, dyno, and misc testing.  You can imagine almost one of every turbo car model, it gets quite busy in the shop.  ATP's core business is development, testing, manufacturing, and distribution, all in house.  This leaves us very time to work in the retail front.  95% of our business is with other businesses at the wholesale level.  You see, we are not very retail savvy for this reason.  A typical customer that walks into our facility that wants to write up a check for $20K to transform his ride, we send him to the neighboring shop for this reason.

Hope you understand our upside down process and how we work.  In a way we are really servicing you and your vehicle by working hard to develop, test, and build turbo options for your vehicle so that down the road when you're ready for it, options will be available to you.  Because we don't do much retail, when a retail customer walks through the door, we get confused and the result is poor communication as you can.  But, please know that we mean well.

As indicated by some of the other members posts here,  we as a manufacturer, rely highly on the network of dealers and resellers to service our customers.  This is where you will find very personalized service and support for our products.   We are available too, but our staff members are "tuned" a bit differently and might come across rigid because retail is not our forte.

Our humble apologies again and please give us another chance.  Hopefully you can erase that impression.

Next time you see an ATP staffer at the track, you have every right to have him/her dissect the entire car for you so you can get any pondering questions answered.

Thank you very much and Good night.

bpd1151

:hmmm:

Well that was a very cool reply / explanation

:bow:

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 6

Orguss

Thanks for the reply, ATP.  Now that I understand your position, I can reassess my opinion of you; however, it might be wise that your staff understand how to explain it as you did to the general public, if those potential customers happen to make the 40 minute drive to your shop to inquire about your products.

QwikSHO

Shoot, I'd pick up the phone rather than waste the gas.

shotime13

I have an ATP turbo kit on my nsrt4 They are a great company with great products. I am excited to see what they can come up with for this platform.
2013 SHO PP Stock for now!
2004 SRT4 Neon Fully built motor & Trans. 500 WHP