• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Fusion Sport!

Started by Vortech347, January 11, 2016, 12:04:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vortech347

http://www.motortrend.com/news/2017-ford-fusion-first-look-review/

Hopefully not a re-post.

Check that sexy beast out!  I love my SHO but miss the smaller size the GEN1-2's were.  Should haul ass nicely!  Looks like its going to have the same FWD Bias AWD system though...
Matt H.
2013 SHO Performance Pack, Daily, AJPTurbo tuned
2003 SVT Cobra 497rwhp/491rwtq, Self tuned, Cruiser
1990 Mustang GT 570rwhp/530twtq, Self tuned, Open Track
2017 F150 XLT 5.0

FoMoCoSHO

The term bias is thrown around like it's a bad thing.

Its really not biased to the front when you stand on it. In fact at WOT I would go as far to say bias moves to the rear

Does anyone really care what its doing when cruising? 

In fact with these blizzaks in the rain and TC off I can boil the rears and power continues to the rear until I lift... at least that's what my gauge says. Thats also what I feel when her big ass moves sideways.

After watching it closely I've come to the conclusion for did a great job with the AWD and I believe we have the best of all worlds regarding performance, safety, and fuel economy.

Scott13SHO

how have the 2.7L ecoboosts in the F-150 responding to tunes? They getting alot of out them or what?
Ruby Red 2013 Ford Taurus SHO with Performance Package,Airaid CAI, MGP Red Caliper covers, LMS 93 Tune, Custom A-pillar Gauge pod with Aeroforce Interceptor Gauges, LED Interior and Exterior lights

iceberg65

I found diablosport claiming 40hp and 70ft lbs gained on premium fuel. Pretty solid! Should make for some pretty damn quick fusions in the near future
2013 SHO, Livernois tune, Airaid intake, Corsa catback
2004 Ram 2500 6"bds Long arm
2000 Supercharged Cougar

AJP turbo

Quote from: Scott13SHO on January 11, 2016, 01:27:17 PM
how have the 2.7L ecoboosts in the F-150 responding to tunes? They getting alot of out them or what?

Why wouldnt they?
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

Scott13SHO

Hmm lets see:

325/350 in a car that should be around 3700lbs

vs

365/350 a 4,341 lbs SHO....should be very interesting
Ruby Red 2013 Ford Taurus SHO with Performance Package,Airaid CAI, MGP Red Caliper covers, LMS 93 Tune, Custom A-pillar Gauge pod with Aeroforce Interceptor Gauges, LED Interior and Exterior lights

Scott13SHO

Why wouldnt they?
[/quote]

in relation to what we've seen in 3.5L

AJP turbo

Quote from: iceberg65 on January 11, 2016, 01:31:05 PM
I found diablosport claiming 40hp and 70ft lbs gained on premium fuel. Pretty solid! Should make for some pretty damn quick fusions in the near future

Is that all?...you think thats an outrageous claim?...i can make 300whp in a civic with a properly sized turbo at 5 psi....once you understand airflow you realize engine size is irrelavent

405whp/520tq
Dyno

Tuning in progress

iceberg65

Quote from: ajpturbo on January 11, 2016, 01:39:33 PM
Quote from: iceberg65 on January 11, 2016, 01:31:05 PM

Is that all?...you think thats an outrageous claim?...i can make 300whp in a civic with a properly sized turbo at 5 psi....once you understand airflow you realize engine size is irrelavent

I don't think that's outrageous at all; look at what they do with the SHO on tuning alone. I say claimed because that's what they claim and it was a very brief paragraph that I found. I would expect the 2.7 in the fusion to be down on torque compared to the truck version (just because that seems to be the trend overall); there's bound to be differences. It's a pretty new engine still and I'm very excited to see what various people can squeeze out of it with minimal cost!

Not sure what your getting at with your engine size argument bringing up the civic. Small engines can make huge amounts of power, and 5psi on one turbo is not gonna be the same as 5psi on the next; that doesn't mean that the engine size is irrelevant.
2000 Supercharged Cougar

AJP turbo

My point with the civic is to demonstrate that engine size is basically irrelevant....u can try and change air flow with engine size but when a sho puts down big block numbers in a 3.5 and a civic puts down chevy small block numbers...it tells me displacement is just a small player..its all the peripherals that make the differences ....VE...volumetric efficiency

405whp/520tq
Dyno

Tuning in progress

iceberg65

I got ya. True, lower displacement can be overcome through increased volumetric efficiency in all kinda of different manners, reducing the factor played by engine size. But it is still a factor; for example driving a 300hp turbo 1.8 4cyl is not going to feel exactly the same as driving a 300hp turbo 2.5 v6 or a 300hp N/a V8. Yes that's incredibly generalized but its just a thought. In the modern world we just have many more factors that we can utilize to increase power and efficiency; It's amazing and I'm continually amazed by what people are able to achieve, and how they can apply these to specific needs.
2000 Supercharged Cougar

PokerMunkee

Meh.  I still would rather it have the 2.3l 350HP that the Focus RS gets.  Add the RS's AWD system and I'd consider a Fusion for sure.
2013 SHO PP - Ignot Silver/Charcoal
Unleashed 91 tune w/ 3BAR, Corsa exhaust, LEDs everywhere
2011 F-250 6.2 CCSB FX4

r1crusher

Quote from: Scott13SHO on January 11, 2016, 01:36:55 PM
Hmm lets see:

325/350 in a car that should be around 3700lbs

vs

365/350 a 4,341 lbs SHO....should be very interesting

^^^This.

I'm not gonna lie....I like it.  And with it's stock output numbers I seriously think we're bound to see some Fusions whoopin' up on some SHO's.  I like the amount of cabin space the SHO provides and if anything that could be the only thing I could not like about the Fusion.  I think this also lends some validity to the SHO going away for certain now as already reported.
'13 SHO, AJP Tune w/ 3-Bar
'17 F-250 6.7 PowerStroke
'17 XSport

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: PokerMunkee on January 11, 2016, 11:52:00 PM
Meh.  I still would rather it have the 2.3l 350HP that the Focus RS gets.  Add the RS's AWD system and I'd consider a Fusion for sure.
I wouldn't. That 2.7 CGI block is stout and I would imagine the weight penalty between the 2 is negligible.

As far as the RS AWD vs the SHO from what I can tell the only difference is the clutch packs to move power left and right on the rear axle.

jtoddk98

I know what I'm getting when my Fusion Energi lease is up (great car btw) lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2011 Taurus SHO Performance Package. EBC Stage 4 Brakes. Blacked out chrome. #130 of 602 in Ingot Silver