• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

2013 Taurus SHO PP brake issue

Started by SMITHN10SHO, January 09, 2016, 10:51:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

metroplex

The OP's brake pads look normal for those in the rust belt area. I have had name brand US made pads rust and break up like that within 1-2 years if driven in MI winters but not always.
Previously: 2014 SHO
12.4 @ 110.9 mph

Current: 2017 Fusion Sport

avidmotion

Used 2013 pp, bough with 35,000, has 47,000 now, front fine rear insides looks like  yours crushed to powder, outsides fine. Replacing with PP rear stock pads and SS lines.
Sp542@.028, windstorm CAI, MSD coils, AO GH TUNE, GH intercooler, All Amsoil, General Gmax-rs summer tires, +PP, PP PADS,EDC rotors, Colinite 476s wax, used PPE DPs, Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete with custom X pipe, Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts|, 3 bar, stock thermostat,  TRACY LEWIS DESIGNED Team RXP, the Original oil separator.

avidmotion

I replaced my rears last year. Rotor looked nearly new like the fronts. I have a certified 2013 PP SHO. The outer pad was low but inner pads on both sides were almost down to the plates and crumbling and burnt. The front rotors n pads were replaced when I bought the car. I got 23,000 out of the PP front pads. They were down to 30%. Cost of cutting rotors vs deal bought as set through THMOTORSPORTS EBC RK rotors and yellowstuff pads (187 shipped) was not worth hassle of cutting stock rotors.
Btw if you liked the PP performance you will love the EBC ROTORS AND YELLOWSTUFF pads. They are about 30% stickier then the PP pads, work well when wet and repeated hard braking had no ill effects. However, I will have to add yellowstuff pads to rear, as the PP pads vs yellowstuff are a mismatch front to rear.
Sp542@.028, windstorm CAI, MSD coils, AO GH TUNE, GH intercooler, All Amsoil, General Gmax-rs summer tires, +PP, PP PADS,EDC rotors, Colinite 476s wax, used PPE DPs, Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete with custom X pipe, Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts|, 3 bar, stock thermostat,  TRACY LEWIS DESIGNED Team RXP, the Original oil separator.