• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Datalog from LMS tune with SCT Livelink and X3 or X4

Started by AJP turbo, January 09, 2016, 02:21:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AJP turbo

I'd be willing to give a reward or by lunch for someone that could provide a datalog from an LMS tune using SCT's livelink Gen 2 through an SCT device. So basically someone that is running an LMS tune and has or knows someone with an SCT device, X3 or X4 would work.

I'd send you a config file that has the items to datalog. It would also be nice so you guys could actually see how your car is running while viewing through a real data logger with features and playback that the other apps don't have....They seem to be problematic from what you guys say.
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

AJP turbo

405whp/520tq
Dyno

Tuning in progress

AJP turbo

Come on...nobody want to have their LMS tune critiqued lol?

405whp/520tq
Dyno

Tuning in progress

iceberg65

I'm running an LMS tune but the SCT tuner I have for my cougar is an X2. Might be too dated to get what your looking for; I could try though.
2013 SHO, Livernois tune, Airaid intake, Corsa catback
2004 Ram 2500 6"bds Long arm
2000 Supercharged Cougar

AJP turbo

Im not sure about an X2...if you down load live link gen 2 and hookup to ur car  and hit the comm button see if it will hookup and allow pass through and recognize the device

405whp/520tq
Dyno

Tuning in progress

iceberg65

I can try some time this evening.

Last time I tried livelink genII with the xcal2 it connected but iirc wasnt giving me everything I was trying to log. For that reason I primarily used livelink 6.3 with it. I'm somewhat doubtful it will work properly.
2013 SHO, Livernois tune, Airaid intake, Corsa catback
2004 Ram 2500 6"bds Long arm
2000 Supercharged Cougar

AJP turbo

Ok cool...it would be really cool to see some things since nobody has really done any conventional logging with lms......pm me ur email and ill send you a config file for livelink and what kind of log to do...maybe i can give you a little insight to the things your tune does well and or not so well

405whp/520tq
Dyno

Tuning in progress

bamsho

Curious,  what are you looking for or want to know.  What's your end game. 
2013 white Gen 5.  Gearhead Intercooler, Turbosmart wastegate actuators, Alky Controls meth kit, Livernois catted downpipes,  Livernois Corsa cat back black etched tips.  2016 True Street Champion.

AJP turbo

Quote from: bamsho on January 12, 2016, 02:54:10 AM

My end game?....It's to destroy the world....Thought you'd never ask.

There are some items in the tune that are extremely stingy. I don't even know if some things I want to achieve are possible due to inherent hardware characteristics or software limitations or lack of features built into the ECU or a combo of all 3.

With the help of a friend who is a  member on here the 2 of us have some extremely good tunes with performance and drivability we haven't seen elsewhere.

Would be nice to see some of the behavior in the form of datalogs of some of the popular tunes out there....Even an opportunity for someone to showcase the skills of LMS's tuning

405whp/520tq
Dyno

Tuning in progress

SHOnUup

That'd be like giving away my recipe for my custom awesome sauce...lol

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

AJP turbo

Quote from: SHOnUup on January 12, 2016, 06:46:44 AM
That'd be like giving away my recipe for my custom awesome sauce...lol

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

No its like letting people taste it...no secrets to be discovered in a datalog...to be honest i dont think the people with lms tunes would like what they see..But hey, if the car runs good then all is good right?

405whp/520tq
Dyno

Tuning in progress

J-Will

Quote from: ajpturbo on January 12, 2016, 03:57:25 AM

There are some items in the tune that are extremely stingy. I don't even know if some things I want to achieve are possible due to inherent hardware characteristics or software limitations or lack of features built into the ECU or a combo of all 3.

With the help of a friend who is a  member on here the 2 of us have some extremely good tunes with performance and drivability we haven't seen elsewhere.

Would be nice to see some of the behavior in the form of datalogs of some of the popular tunes out there....Even an opportunity for someone to showcase the skills of LMS's tuning

It sounds like you want to know what LMS is doing, so you can copy it.  Or at least point you in the right direction.

Which, I'm OK with.  But lets call it what it is.  You're not one to sugar coat. 

My goal is to eventually tune via HPTuners.  Since no tuner provides that as an option yet, having this insight is a great basis for me when I break into the role of self-tuning. 

FWIW- I know there are ways to hide what work has been done, if you looks at a tune file or the PCM itself.  I dont know if there are ways to conceal anything via data logging.
2014 Factory Order SHO (non pp) Deep Impact Blue
Gearhead Automotive Performance Tune
3-bar
SP-542 plugs w/ GH gap

ZSHO

AJ sounds like your not quite happy with your tuner,think LME would be honored to give you an exclusive and personal tour of there facility,lol.  Z      ;)

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

There are many paths to the end goal as far as tuning is concerned.  As far as LME's tunes, they have always stated they use & control many more parameters available in the PCM via MyCal than are available to other tuners via devices from SCT, Diablo, etc.  If so, those secrets are hardly likely to be discovered through datalogging, because you will see the aggregate effect rather than the discrete.  Definitely, a better approximation is possible via datalogging, but not 100%.

Do you guys really think a MyCal device is reverse-engineering proof?  A hack-proof device has yet to be invented.  So relax, put your feet up, and enjoy the popcorn! :D
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

AJP turbo

Quote from: J-Will on January 12, 2016, 11:09:56 AM
Quote from: ajpturbo on January 12, 2016, 03:57:25 AM

It sounds like you want to know what LMS is doing, so you can copy it.  Or at least point you in the right direction.

Which, I'm OK with.  But lets call it what it is.  You're not one to sugar coat. 

My goal is to eventually tune via HPTuners.  Since no tuner provides that as an option yet, having this insight is a great basis for me when I break into the role of self-tuning. 

FWIW- I know there are ways to hide what work has been done, if you looks at a tune file or the PCM itself.  I dont know if there are ways to conceal anything via data logging.

You actually have it backwards...i would love to show people my datalogs and torture people with the results....datalogs only show your skills or lack thereof

Im not interested in cooying anyone...ive went throught 2 professional tuners that accepted my money and i wasnt satisfied...i let them keep my money..not sure if i had a choice anyway but i went away peacefully lol.. I want my car to do what i have in mind part of my end game is to actually enlighten you...but some of you wont accept that as a motive

405whp/520tq
Dyno

Tuning in progress