• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

WiFi and routers

Started by panther427, November 03, 2015, 02:59:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOdded

Yeah, symmetric is a mite expensive :)  nice to see xfinity offering those speeds :thumb:

http://corporate.comcast.com/news-information/news-feed/comcast-begins-rollout-of-residential-2-gig-service-in-atlanta-metro-area

That would finally make me have to upgrade my in-home backbone.

==========

Did a little search and saw "XI Gigabit Pro - $299.95/mo" offering in my area.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

panther427

Is it a all in one router modem?  What commercial grade brand equipment do they use. Since the residential stuff basically is capped at 1 gig.

There was a news report on tv last night about internet speed and if your getting what you say for. Seemed to me most people expect there older wireless router to give them full speed all the way across there home. Just doesn't work that way. Now finally with the current AC spec I feel like wireless is not such a horrible second option.

Comcast stock WiFi sucks. It always forced me to the 2.4 band and I think there is some sort of hidden Qos program because if I used there built in router it was only giving me 20 something mbps.  Versus the 50 to 60 I get with aftermarket routers on that band
2013 SHO

slurppie

Quote from: panther427 on November 10, 2015, 09:01:15 AM
Quote from: slurppie on November 10, 2015, 08:17:38 AM
Not wireless of course...

Commercial account?    Could not imagine that speed. With my current speed a one gigabyte file downloads under 2minute.

New residential Xfinity Gigabit Pro service. Most resi networks only support GigE so you would need to upgrade the network to support 10Gb. The Netgear Nighthawk does a great job of servicing the home (and half the neighborhood).

Sent via my Speak and Spell
2013 w/PP
Synthetic blinker fluid
Ceramic muffler bearings

geswek

I hate Comcast.

I miss my Fios up north. I had 85 down and up (fiber) with server pings around 12. I'm now at 50+ in Florida with a 120 down 20 up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

panther427

My other option is century link formally Qwest. And I think there speed is 10Mbps.  No Verizon fiber or any fiber to my area yet.

I know there is a lot of hate for Comcast but I have never had a major problem with them. A quick phone call has fixed 99 percent of my problems.  Just hope they abandon there download limits they are testing in other places. I will have a problem if I get put on that crap
2013 SHO