• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

XSport LMS Version 4 Tune

Started by BlackJac, October 23, 2015, 09:35:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackJac

Thought I'd share some initial feedback that I gave on the Livernois V4 tune for the XSport.

Let me start out by saying 93 Performance 3 bar V3 was a huge improvement over stock. There were a few things that bothered me though... the shift points were too quick, the transition through a few of the gears were very hard, and I felt that I wish it had a little more power to it. Mileage wasn't bad considering my driving, but not going too nuts, I averaged 19.1 mpg on the dash gauge.

Now for 93 Performance 3 bar V4. I have only been driving it a few days (couple hundred miles), but here are some of my thoughts on it so far. The shift points hold out longer and transition is nice and smooth, it now feels "in tune" with the rest of the drivetrain.
"Torque", it definitely has more torque/ power. There is no doubt that there is more power and I would like to see the Dyno sheet between the 2 versions. LOL Cruise at about 30 and punch it to really feel it set you back. Switching lanes, hitting it to pass a car or two and speed shoots up faster than V3.
The other day I stopped at the usual gas station to fill up. There is a nice open stretch of country highway, so I usually punch it coming out of the station up to about 65-70. Did it with V4 and the tires squealed very loud, which it never did before, it would just go.
And last, so far the mileage has increase about 1.5 mpg reading 20.5 mpg when driven the same as the 19.1 mpg I was getting before.

So first impression is I liked Version 3, but now I'm loving Version 4 so far! It's only been a couple days, but it just feels much improved.

As far as things that could be improved on this... Well of course more power, but I know just tuning has it's limits. I would like a quicker build up of boost, which I think an exhaust upgrade/ downpipes would be needed to help with that.

I just think V4 is a nice upgrade, very noticeable, more refined with more power over V3. I'm looking forward to more driving time with it, and any other noticeable changes, positive or negative, I will update here. But so far I haven't found anything negative about V4 compared to V3.

If you guys at LMS have other "cool ideas" for the XSport that you want someone to try, let me know.

Thank you Livernois for great Continued Support to your customers!!!
2017 Fusion Sport - 401A/ Moonroof/ Magnetic Grey/ Livernois Motorsports 93 Stage 3

2015 Explorer Sport  - SOLD

Modded 1980 Corvette https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SUDndpy8bw

Livernois Motorsports

Thank you very much for the kind words!  This is a great review to read,  and I'm sure the guys on here will appreciate your input on our tuning as much as we do.  I personally drove our Explorer on the previous v1,v2, and v3 which I felt were all works of art, so I definitely cannot wait now to get behind the wheel of our ExSport with this new v4 I keep hearing so much about!  We will definitely keep you in the loop as more exciting products come available for these EcoBeasts.  I strongly suggest our hi-flow catted downpipes for your next mod if you are looking to greatly improve spool times and overall performance as well.  This engines love the combination of our cold air intake and downpipes to really maximize performance and eliminate low end lag.  The improved flow and decreased backpressure combine to make the vehicle much more responsive and decreases spool time as well.

hawkeye93

I installed my v4 tune last evening, and I have to agree with BlakJac's assessment.  It's a blast to drive!
2015 Ford Taurus SHO PP 12.219@112.84
PPE catless DP, Gearhead IC, SP-534, Reische 170, 3 bar, hybrid meth system, tunes from Unleashed, Livernois, Brew City Boost & AJP

1965 Ford Mustang Convertible 289 4V/T5Z/3.55
1955 Ford Fairlane Club Sedan 272 4V/Fordomatic

bamsho

AWESOME to here.  Cool that you notice a difference.  Hey Jamie, think you guys will be making a V4 for the '13+ SHO's?
2013 white Gen 5.  Gearhead Intercooler, Turbosmart wastegate actuators, Alky Controls meth kit, Livernois catted downpipes,  Livernois Corsa cat back black etched tips.  2016 True Street Champion.

ZSHO

I honestly think the V8 TUNE is by far the best ever,even with the winter blend gas upon us,noticed a big difference since switching to BP gasoline as of late.  Z    :thumb: :thumb:

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

bamsho

Duh on my part, I'm still think '10-12 tunes yet here.  Give me time.
2013 white Gen 5.  Gearhead Intercooler, Turbosmart wastegate actuators, Alky Controls meth kit, Livernois catted downpipes,  Livernois Corsa cat back black etched tips.  2016 True Street Champion.

ZSHO

Quote from: bamsho on October 24, 2015, 01:40:17 AM
Duh on my part, I'm still think '10-12 tunes yet here.  Give me time.
LME came out with a new version for the X-SPORT called the V4 tune,replacing the V3.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Livernois Motorsports

Quote from: bamsho on October 23, 2015, 01:21:20 PM
AWESOME to here.  Cool that you notice a difference.  Hey Jamie, think you guys will be making a V4 for the '13+ SHO's?

We do indeed have a new updated version 9 race tune in development currently for the 2013+ SHO, MKS, Flex models as well.  Once the latest updated tunes have been released we will create a new thread to announce this as well. 

QuickSilver

I've been about 48K miles on V3, it's like an old friend I don'[t want to break up with :-   Of course if my new friend makes better power and gets better milage ;D   I'm in SoCal tho, land of the craptastic 91 Octane, is there a V4/91 option?   About 1/2 the time I do run 2.5 gals of E85 in a fill up but the station is 20 miles from my house so it doesn't always happen.
AJ

2014 Ingot Silver Explorer Sport- LMS V3 Tune, AirRaid CAI, Hi_flow Catted DP's to Complete dual 2.5" exhaust, 19"X 9.5"TSW Panorama Rotary Forged/powdercoated Rims, Cree LED Foglights, Hoping for those Megan coilovers to be developed...

BlackJac

Quote from: QuickSilver on October 26, 2015, 06:18:16 PM
I've been about 48K miles on V3, it's like an old friend I don'[t want to break up with :-   Of course if my new friend makes better power and gets better milage ;D   I'm in SoCal tho, land of the craptastic 91 Octane, is there a V4/91 option?   About 1/2 the time I do run 2.5 gals of E85 in a fill up but the station is 20 miles from my house so it doesn't always happen.

Yes, I also have 91 Performance 3 bar in V4. You're good to go!
2017 Fusion Sport - 401A/ Moonroof/ Magnetic Grey/ Livernois Motorsports 93 Stage 3

2015 Explorer Sport  - SOLD

Modded 1980 Corvette https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SUDndpy8bw

black99lightning

To get the revision just email Livernois?
2013 Esport 13.44 @ 103.6
1999 Lightning 12.44 @ 108.4
2012 GT500 10.96 @ 130.6
2006 GTO 12.83 @ 107.8
2013 CTSV coupe 11.79 @ 119.7

ZSHO

Quote from: black99lightning on November 13, 2015, 01:08:53 PM
To get the revision just email Livernois?
info@livernoismotorsports.com   BTW make sure to send them your updated mods.  OR  tunes@livernoismotorsports.com   maybe they will chime in later,great bunch of cool guys over there.  Z

black99lightning

thanks.  I'll send them the information soon.
2013 Esport 13.44 @ 103.6
1999 Lightning 12.44 @ 108.4
2012 GT500 10.96 @ 130.6
2006 GTO 12.83 @ 107.8
2013 CTSV coupe 11.79 @ 119.7

Airbornemaikai

I'm actually having issues with my v4. You're right about it holding shifts much longer, the problem is if I stomp on it, it holds 1st way too long and the car feels like it is going to fall on its face before it finally shifts into second. If I don't floor it but only gas it about 1/2- 3/4 of the way I don't have this issue. I was going to attempt to get a video of this but unfortunately our first snow has already come in and so the roads have been crap and so I haven't got around to it yet. I don't know quit how to explain it, but I am about ready to go back to v3 because for me this v4 has been awful
2014 Explorer Sport
LMS 91 Tune with 3 Bar Map
160ยบ Evenflo T-stat, 0.30 Motorcraft plugs
LMS DP W/HI-Flow Cats, LMS Corsa Cat-Back
Airaid 401-260

SHOdded

How many miles on the plugs, Airborne?  Winter fuel has also come into play, did you have the V4 available/installed before the changeover?  I have found that fuel/ignition issues can seem like trans shifting issues sometimes.

Also, it might be worth putting in fresh trans/PTU/RDU fluid if that has not been done yet.  Def see if you find the same issues going back to V3.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!