• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

*2010 sho pp needs brake kit*

Started by mac99br, September 09, 2015, 12:46:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mac99br

So i have a 2010 sho pp and im looking for a brake kit. I want to get something better then the factory ones.Pads and rotors front and back, just want to make sure they fit the car, and i dont know if the rotors are different for the pp  what are the measurements. please post some links where i can buy them i need them asap. And let me know your experience with them.

glock-coma

Rotors are the same. The only difference is the pads

These are ebc red stuff from when I did my brake job.
Top is non pp
Bottom is pp
2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

nickstewartroc

You can also get the PowerStop Z23 kit, thats what I did on my 11'  got the front/rear set from RockAuto
Current:
2013 Ruby Red Flex Limited EcoBoost, Unleashed Tuned, drop in filter

Gone but not forgotten: 2011 SHO Non-PP in Black Tuxedo Metallic - Catback, DPs, Stoptech Z23s, MDesign CAI, LMS Tune

vernonator

I have a '12 PP and went with the EBC Red Stuff Stage 4 pads/rotors. Have been on for a couple months and I LOVE them big improvement over the OEM brakes.
2012 Tuxedo Black SHO w/PP. Livernois Stage 4+, PPE Catless DP's, EBC Stage 4 Front/Rear Brakes
2015 Tuxedo Black Explorer Sport 401A, no mods....YET :)

mac99br

Should I get drilled slotted rotors or should  I get stocked one's, I want a good one.

nickstewartroc

I got drilled/slotted with my powerstop setup, not sure what the EBC guys are running
Current:
2013 Ruby Red Flex Limited EcoBoost, Unleashed Tuned, drop in filter

Gone but not forgotten: 2011 SHO Non-PP in Black Tuxedo Metallic - Catback, DPs, Stoptech Z23s, MDesign CAI, LMS Tune

SHOdded

Normal everyday driving, drilled/slotted rotors are fine (they look good/work well).  But unless the brakes see heavy usage like frequent autox, drilled is not really needed.  Most lower priced drilled rotors will crack under that kind of use anyway.  Supposedly some mfrs put out rotors where the "holes" are built into the mold, so there is no actual rotor drilling.  That would make the rotors stand up to harsh conditions.

Solid or slotted would be my preference for "jack of all trades" driving.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

donky4444

I am doing the same thing on my non pp car right now. I ordered EBC Ultimax slotted rotors and EBC Yellow stuff pads. I've had this set up with the red stuff and liked it but wanted a little more bite this time. This will also be the first time I've done the rears.
2017 Lincoln MKZ 3.0tt with LMS tune

2014 SHO 402a PP 20" flower wheels. LME  tune, 3 bar MAP, LED Puddle Lights and LED DRL's from Drive Bright, tinted head and tail lights, gloss black vinyl wrapped all chrome with custom chrome SHO emblems front and rear. SOLD

2015 X Sport LME 3 bar tune, LED Puddle and plate lights

markssho

Same here for my non-pp. I'm looking at the Centric premium rotors and posi-quite semi-metallic pads.
That plus the Lisle 28600 rear disc adjuster.
Rockauto, with shipping, comes to $288.
I thought about the slotted rotors, but, didn't want a possible rusty slot on the rotor.

Sent from my XT1094 using Tapatalk
2010 Taurus SHO, Cinnamon, 402B, ACC

vernonator

The EBC Stage 4 that I have are slotted - so far so good.
2012 Tuxedo Black SHO w/PP. Livernois Stage 4+, PPE Catless DP's, EBC Stage 4 Front/Rear Brakes
2015 Tuxedo Black Explorer Sport 401A, no mods....YET :)

peppelepugh

http://www.placeforbrakes.com/products.php?car_model_key=45010&car_year=2011&category_key=49

A lot of us i have seen with the EBC Stage 4 kit. Break in period is VERY VERY important, but past that. These breaks are AMAZING!   I don't have the time to dig through some old threads at the moment, but there was a lot of talk about these and especially regarding the picture glock-coma posted.
2011 Kona Blue SHO non-PP: MDesign Carbon Fiber CAI, All interior lights LEDs, LED Puddles, and LED Reverse.

EBC Stage 4 Brake kit, 170* T-stat, 3-Bar MAP, NGK Plugs, PPE Catless-DPs and Tune by Torrie!

Vortech347

I have destroyed far more "cross drilled" rotors auto-x and open track than I ever have solid.  Unless the entire brake system was designed for cross drilled rotors avoid them.  Not my SHO but with my Mustangs.  I'll never run a cross drilled rotor unless it was a system designed for it.
Matt H.
2013 SHO Performance Pack, Daily, AJPTurbo tuned
2003 SVT Cobra 497rwhp/491rwtq, Self tuned, Cruiser
1990 Mustang GT 570rwhp/530twtq, Self tuned, Open Track
2017 F150 XLT 5.0

SHO T1M3

Quote from: glock-coma on September 09, 2015, 02:01:00 PM

Top is non pp
Bottom is pp

I posted this earlier on another forum... I'm hoping to help everyone with this FAQ...

So I'm looking to upgrade my rotors on my 2013 SHO w/PP and can't seem to find a concrete answer. Can someone please confirm (and possibly provide proof) on the difference between the PP SHO brakes and Non-PP SHO brakes?

So far I have found the front calipers and master cylinder are definitely different.

Can someone confirm:

A. Is the only difference between the brake pads the friction material (i.e. more brake torque for the PP SHO pads)? Meaning they are interchangeable... (PP vs. Non-PP)

^ *** Thanks glock-coma for the pic... although the shape is different, are they interchangeable? ***

B. With regard to the rotors... I also haven't confirmed whether the rotors are the same. I've heard and read in different places that the PP rotors are larger up front and the rear is vented in the PP vs solid rear rotors in the non-PP. Could this just be the difference between 2010-12 and 2013-15? ** pics please, if possible **

The company I checked with is Cquence.net. They have a great line of rotors (I've used them in my previous 2010 Impala LTZ) and they were also featured on an episode of Two Guys Garage.

http://www.cquence.net/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7apwKnPyEe8

The OE Premium Replacement (plain) and the Premium Sport Series (2 different styles of cross drilled and slotted and 1 style with bi-directional slots) are made from high carbon - G3500 cast iron which makes them harder and stronger than standard rotors (G3000 cast iron). The internal vanes are also directional which aids in cooling the rotors.

Anyway back to the point....

Some vendors list parts as 'w/performance package' and 'except performance package'... while others, like Cquence.net don't have a designation. I called them directly and they only show one part number for PP and Non-PP cars. They also checked another vendor (undisclosed who it was) and said they also only show 1 part number for both cars. They advised I should call Ford to confirm whether the parts are interchangeable before ordering.

They also advised the rear rotors they have are vented... Can someone with a Non-PP SHO confirm the rear rotors are vented and not solid?

SHO T1M3

Quote from: glock-coma on September 09, 2015, 02:01:00 PM

Top is non pp
Bottom is pp

What's the part number for the PP pads?

SHO T1M3

As an ending to this thread I just wanted to let everyone know, rotors and rear pads for PP and Non-PP are the same. Both have vented rotors at all for corners. Front pads as depicted in the above EBC Red Stuff pads are slightly different and NOT interchangeable.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk