• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Ford Fusion spied in souped-up ST trim

Started by Scott13SHO, September 02, 2015, 11:43:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott13SHO

http://www.autoblog.com/2015/09/02/ford-fusion-st-spied/#slide-3604445

Well with the rumors getting stronger that the Taurus (in North America) isn't long for this world, a Fusion ST would be a nice replacement for the Taurus SHO...smaller and lighter and more in line with the original SHO.
Ruby Red 2013 Ford Taurus SHO with Performance Package,Airaid CAI, MGP Red Caliper covers, LMS 93 Tune, Custom A-pillar Gauge pod with Aeroforce Interceptor Gauges, LED Interior and Exterior lights

ShoBoat

I think I may just have to trade in my SHO ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2012 Pearl White CTS-V Stock
2016 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB Stock
2013 SHO Black on Black (Gone) PP, Unleashed Custom Tune, 170 TStat, SP534 Plugs, 3 Bar, Airaid Intake, PPE catted downpipes, Corsa Cat-back, H&R Springs. Focal 165KR Front Stage,2 JL W6 10 with Focal 800.1. 12.62 @ 110 mph.

Scott13SHO

Quote from: ShoBoat on September 02, 2015, 11:57:46 AM
I think I may just have to trade in my SHO ;)

I drove a Fusion a few months before getting the SHO...I liked it better but they didn't have a go fast one I wanted...I like my SHO, but I don't like how big it is on the outside....so I might join you on the trade in thing.

Ruby Red 2013 Ford Taurus SHO with Performance Package,Airaid CAI, MGP Red Caliper covers, LMS 93 Tune, Custom A-pillar Gauge pod with Aeroforce Interceptor Gauges, LED Interior and Exterior lights

BiGMaC

Could be really sweet... But I love the readability of my big girl... I'll be sorry to see it if the SHO is really gone.  May have to keep her even more pristine for a long time.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

JDW1

Shoot, I needed a big car (bout to have my 3rd kid), the Fusion wouldn't work for me.  I found a great deal om my SHO.  I had also considered the new Scat Pack Charger.  I like to go fast.  I'm sure a ST Fusion would be pretty sweet tho. 
13 SHO, Unleashed 3bar Tune, 1 step cooler NGK's, MDesign CAI, 170 t-stat and meth.

Scott13SHO

The Taurus is actually pretty ineffecent in the interior dept...the Fusion is virtually the same size outside of the trunk.

BiGMaC

Interior's fine for five 250+ pound guys for me... It's the weight, quietness, and smoothness of cruising at high speed on road trips I was referring to.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

Scott13SHO

Quote from: BiGMaC on September 02, 2015, 12:54:28 PM
It's the weight, quietness, and smoothness of cruising at high speed on road trips I was referring to.

Haven't had a chance to try the Fusion out, but I do agree with you that the SHO is a great Highway cruiser

ShoBoat

I have both the Fusion (2016) and the SHO (2013). With the 2.0eb it's not even close in performance. Although driving it it doesn't feel that much smaller than the SHO. It's just as smooth and quiet on the highway and it's very refined driving around town. A bit more handling and a lot more get up and go I just might do it. Maybe ... Lol.

2013 SHO Black on Black (Gone) PP, Unleashed Custom Tune, 170 TStat, SP534 Plugs, 3 Bar, Airaid Intake, PPE catted downpipes, Corsa Cat-back, H&R Springs. Focal 165KR Front Stage,2 JL W6 10 with Focal 800.1. 12.62 @ 110 mph.

Larrylu

Quote from: ShoBoat on September 02, 2015, 01:38:52 PM
I have both the Fusion (2016) and the SHO (2013). With the 2.0eb it's not even close in performance. Although driving it it doesn't feel that much smaller than the SHO. It's just as smooth and quiet on the highway and it's very refined driving around town. A bit more handling and a lot more get up and go I just might do it. Maybe ... Lol.

I've wondered if the 2.0 EB is peakier than the 3.5. We also have a turbo 1.6 Nissan Juke that is pretty spunky but is very peaky.
2010 Loaded, Non PP, Steel Blue Metallic, Livernois Stage 4+, Blacked out grill, Nexus 7 Tablet running Torque Pro

ShoBoat

Quote from: Larrylu on September 02, 2015, 02:20:01 PM

Quote from: ShoBoat on September 02, 2015, 01:38:52 PM

I've wondered if the 2.0 EB is peakier than the 3.5. We also have a turbo 1.6 Nissan Juke that is pretty spunky but is very peaky.

I wouldn't say it's peaky, although lag is more noticeable than the SHO. Being a single turbo I guess it would.

Egoboost

If it does end up with a stick and 300 horses, count me in!

SHOnUup

Fusion "sport" maybe?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

Larrylu

With a 2.7 EB and a tune in mind, I'd be kicking tires and taking a test drive.
2010 Loaded, Non PP, Steel Blue Metallic, Livernois Stage 4+, Blacked out grill, Nexus 7 Tablet running Torque Pro

wasinger3000

Let's hope it's awd, if not it will have traction like the focus ST. Other than that I'd buy one.
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.