• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Ford Fusion spied in souped-up ST trim

Started by Scott13SHO, September 02, 2015, 11:43:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mval

larry:
don't plan on getting rid of my sho, as you know, but a 2.7 fusion would be quick.  have the 2.0 in my '13 escape, nice quick little engine, very peepy for a 4, but nothing like the 3.5. not sure they have the room for the 2.7, the 2.0 is squeezed real tight  & fusion/escape bay are similar. so tight that you have to remove a big plastic fascia in back of engine compartment or steal your wife's small plant waterer with the curved neck to add coolant. escape did nicely on a 400 mile trip, but nowhere near as quiet & mileage was at most 1-2mpg more.
'10 lme 4+93, 160t, 3 bar, w/cust headrest & evo gauge pod,md design cai, ppe dpes, borla cback , vertini 20" cust wheels w/conti dws, ebc slotted rotors w/red pads & mgp caliper covers, viper remote start, cust dipped eng cover,fascia, cai & lids,decals, custom bra, black wrapped spoiler
2017 chally scat pack shaker yellow jacket dd, so sho can be a show queen

PokerMunkee

Hopefully they ditch the R/C antenna.  That antenna ruins the car for  me.
2013 SHO PP - Ignot Silver/Charcoal
Unleashed 91 tune w/ 3BAR, Corsa exhaust, LEDs everywhere
2011 F-250 6.2 CCSB FX4

IHeartGroceries

It's about time. There's very much a market for one of these.

But no manual trans option? Goodbye.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

2013 SHO PP

ShoBoat

Some more pics! The front shot really tells a story. It looks very different then the current one.

http://paultan.org/2015/09/07/spied-ford-mondeofusion-st-fifth-gen-goes-sporty/ford-mondeo-fusion-st-spyshots-5/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2012 Pearl White CTS-V Stock
2016 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB Stock
2013 SHO Black on Black (Gone) PP, Unleashed Custom Tune, 170 TStat, SP534 Plugs, 3 Bar, Airaid Intake, PPE catted downpipes, Corsa Cat-back, H&R Springs. Focal 165KR Front Stage,2 JL W6 10 with Focal 800.1. 12.62 @ 110 mph.

Capri83RS

It's awesome to see Ford venturing into a smaller performance vehicle, but I'd hate to see them axe the SHO.  I bought mine for size reasons, I needed a much larger interior.

After having a Focus ST for awhile, I didn't want to get another one.  After the tune it was hard to get traction until somewhere in the middle of 3rd gear.  The Focus RS will be a better more efficient vehicle, in that aspect.  I actually wanted one (and had the wifes approval), but with it being a manual only, she wouldn't drive it.  And it still wasn't as large inside as the SHO is.

They already offer the Fusion in AWD, so if they make a performance variant, I don't see why they wouldn't make an AWD only, or an option on it.  And hopefully, some Recaro seats.  I think that's the only thing lacking in the SHO!!
1984 Capri RS
1991 F150 4x4
2013 Mustang GT Track Package w/ Recaro's
2014 Taurus SHO