• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

ACES IV - An effective octane booster and anti-wear additive?

Started by SHOdded, August 05, 2015, 04:58:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: Dxlnt1 on August 25, 2015, 03:45:43 PM
Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on August 25, 2015, 01:29:09 AM
DX, almost all city with some short hwy blasts....

Being of the ole skool thinking, I have always believed a good blow job does a car good.
IDK about cars but I know they do me a helluva lot of good... ;D

FoMoCoSHO

Dxlnt1

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on August 26, 2015, 08:47:02 PM
Quote from: Dxlnt1 on August 25, 2015, 03:45:43 PM
Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on August 25, 2015, 01:29:09 AM
DX, almost all city with some short hwy blasts....

Being of the ole skool thinking, I have always believed a good blow job does a car good.
IDK about cars but I know they do me a helluva lot of good... ;D

Im actually shocked it took this long for someone to jump all over that comment.

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on August 26, 2015, 08:50:54 PM
1st tuned datalog with ACES and Quantum Blue

So are you going to keep us all in suspense??? Or is it just NOT showing on my ipad??
2011 SHO, 3 Bar, AJP Turbo-Tune, ACES IV, Boostane 170 T-stat, PPE Catted DP's, Alpine Sound system, Touch screen HVAC controls, full window tint

FoMoCoSHO

Dxlnt1

I see it now. Guess this thing had to refresh or something. Will look more closely tomorrow.
2011 SHO, 3 Bar, AJP Turbo-Tune, ACES IV, Boostane 170 T-stat, PPE Catted DP's, Alpine Sound system, Touch screen HVAC controls, full window tint

FoMoCoSHO

Something I wanted to mention....There is a huge difference in this car tuned vs the 2013 E30 blend tune. Not that it wasn't powerful and a helluva lot of fun but this is noticeably more responsive. So responsive in fact that at times I feel like my right foot is jacked directly into the ECU.

Torrie tweaked the tune so I will drive the car for a couple days and do another log.

If weather allows I will be at Kil-Kare tomorrow evening as well.

AJP turbo

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on August 27, 2015, 12:55:52 AM
Something I wanted to mention....There is a huge difference in this car tuned vs the 2013 E30 blend tune. Not that it wasn't powerful and a helluva lot of fun but this is noticeably more responsive. So responsive in fact that at times I feel like my right foot is jacked directly into the ECU.

Torrie tweaked the tune so I will drive the car for a couple days and do another log.

Do you contribute some due to the new car being a PP?
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

BiGMaC

Quote from: ajpturbo on August 27, 2015, 02:53:17 AM

...or in part at least to the increased energy available in gasoline?

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

BND 370 Hemi

It sounds about right.  Remember I mentioned that a hydrocarbon hydrogen reaction is 5000 fps flame speed where a hydrocarbon oxygen reaction is 25 to 75 fps. 

The increase in flame speed coupled with the ability to utilize the fuel efficiently and lubricate post combustion has contributed to this power increase especially using the tuner.  I am sure you are seeing too how smooth the engine is running with the QB in the oil galleries. 

Looking forward to the coolant as that will wick away heat even more and may help you advance the timing further.

Thanks for the update. 

Regards,
Brian
BND Automotive LLC
440-821-9040
www.bndautomotive.com

FoMoCoSHO

No, the cars felt virtually the same stock with the exception of more torque steer.

I got out of the 2013 with the stock flash into the 2015. Imo if it wasn't for the heavy duty components, massaging seats, steering wheel, and lower payment, the  trade would have been completed pointless judging on performance between the two.

ZSHO

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on August 27, 2015, 10:15:34 AM

No, the cars felt virtually the same stock with the exception of more torque steer.

I got out of the 2013 with the stock flash into the 2015. Imo if it wasn't for the heavy duty components, massaging seats, steering wheel, and lower payment, the  trade would have been completed pointless judging on performance between the two.
It could possily be the new eagles,softer compound=better traction,also limiting torque steer,just a thought.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

FoMoCoSHO

Nah, its about how the car respond to pedal input and how quick it revs.

FoMoCoSHO

Screenshot from today, 1st tune revision, torque weight 4701. Hardly any KR and that actually wasn't from that pull. Actually have no idea where that popped up at.

glock-coma

2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

FoMoCoSHO

Lol, post fail.helps to actually attach.

Notice my LTFT's are actually going negative now.