• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

ACES IV - An effective octane booster and anti-wear additive?

Started by SHOdded, August 05, 2015, 04:58:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zorin

Quote from: Zorin on October 11, 2015, 09:32:19 AM
Brian,

I can get ethanol free gas, would it be better to use that with ACES IV?   For in town (Fort Walton Beach, FL) we have several gas stations that serve ethanol free gas.  Another question, if I start off using just ethanol in my SHO, should I initially use the 93 Octane with ACES IV and then switch to the lower octane gas or just use lower from the start?

TIA,
Z

So back to my original post....
2011PP, Kona Blue, 255/45/20 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, 3 Bar, 170 stat, LMS 93+Race Tune with ACES IV, Quantum Blue Fluids.

FoMoCoSHO

Bryans been pretty quiet, if he doesn't chime in I will give him a call.

Zorin

I tried calling him, but no answer, I will try again later.

Z
2011PP, Kona Blue, 255/45/20 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, 3 Bar, 170 stat, LMS 93+Race Tune with ACES IV, Quantum Blue Fluids.

staged_sho

Are there any more updates from those who have been using this?
Current:  2016 Charger RT Scat Pack

Previous:  2011 SHO, LME 4+X, 3 bar, 170° TStat, Intake, Corsa

FoMoCoSHO

I emailed Brian and haven't heard anything which is weird.

I will post up a data log later.

FoMoCoSHO

Fuel mileage has improved from 14.3 to 15.2

No highway except for data log blasts which certainly don't help, same amount of daily beatings.

No scientific method whatsoever except resetting my MPG gauge when I started using the ACES. Also consider I am on an E20 tune and I started ACES with straight 93.

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

FoMoCoSHO

I'm about to order a gallon and i still have a bottle of the race formula I haven't played with yet.

Scott4957

Nice, I was actually going to ask you about this when I PM'ed you. Didn't know if you continued to use it after the E20 tune or if it was just with 93. Wonder how this would do with 87/E20/ACES? Might not be a need to spend the extra 50 or so cents a gallon on the 93. Only Torrie could tell us.
2013 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost, AJP Tuned

FoMoCoSHO

Take a peek at this log.

Car was out of sorts but pay attention to AFR and knock at WOT on the dragstrip after it recovered from hitting the limiter...

Scott4957

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on December 09, 2015, 02:55:59 PM
Take a peek at this log.

Car was out of sorts but pay attention to AFR and knock at WOT on the dragstrip after it recovered from hitting the limiter...

Looks good to me if I am reading it correctly. Looks like it continues to lean it out making more power and adding more timing as it goes! Now try it with 87/E/Aces and lets see if the same thing happens! :) with a proper tune of course.

Also, I haven't done any logging yet but where am i missing fuel rail pressure? I don't see any high pressure fuel readings.

AJP turbo

Quote from: Scott4957 on December 09, 2015, 09:39:38 PM
Take a peek at this log.

Looks good to me if I am reading it correctly. Looks like it continues to lean it out making more power and adding more timing as it goes! Now try it with 87/E/Aces and lets see if the same thing happens! :) with a proper tune of course.

Also, I haven't done any logging yet but where am i missing fuel rail pressure? I don't see any high pressure fuel readings.

That log , if its the one he sent me had issues. But didnt seem unhealthy

There is an obd pid called fuel rail pressure...or fuel rear pressure will work but that has to stay in mpa...i like seeing psi....this is for livelink gen 2
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

Scott4957

Quote from: ajpturbo on December 09, 2015, 10:14:21 PM
There is an obd pid called fuel rail pressure...or fuel rear pressure will work but that has to stay in mpa...i like seeing psi....this is for livelink gen 2

Thats the one, missed it and that it was in MPa. I don't suppose there is an easy way to convert it in Livelink? Anyways, yes there was some weird readings at the front of the log, but I see what he is getting at, looks good.

AJP turbo

When u are selecting your items or configure the log on the right you can get a drop down and change units...but not for rear pressure
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: ajpturbo on December 09, 2015, 10:14:21 PM
Quote from: Scott4957 on December 09, 2015, 09:39:38 PM
Take a peek at this log.

That log , if its the one he sent me had issues. But didnt seem unhealthy

It is that log. And the car definitely had a glitch but at least it provided some interesting data.

It's highly doubtful I'm ever going to take the time experimenting with 87. I have no interest in fuel economy whatsoever. The add packs alone are worth it to me to justify the expense on top tier 93. Maximum power without grenading my engine is what I'm after. If I pick up some MPG along the way, that's just a bonus.

My experiences and research so far tell me that there is probably MPGs to be had experimenting with ultralean part throttle and cruise operation.