• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What Tranny fluid are you running?

Started by Shonuff1140, August 04, 2015, 11:07:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonuff1140

I was thinking of running Catilyn Jenner Tranny fluid, but doubt it would hold up to the high heat.

I kid, I kid, on a serious note though, who has had good luck with non ford ATF. Preferably a full synthetic, and what brand?

AJP turbo

Amsoil LV ATF....Top tier and a TRUE synthetic...no problems here
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

BiGMaC

Quote from: ajpturbo on August 04, 2015, 11:31:12 PM
Amsoil LV ATF....Top tier and a TRUE synthetic...no problems here
Agree^^^

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

FoMoCoSHO

Same here on the Amsoil.

Drain and fill at 150 miles.

Will repeat yearly.

Shonuff1140

Definitely gonna run what everyone is mentioning, how many quarts should I buy and the vehicle has 35K miles should the trans filter be replaced as well?

AJP turbo

Don't think there is a filter..I don't think there is a pan.......I got a 2.5 gallon jug of lv amsoil atf ..I drained then filled then disconnected one of the tranny cooler lines and started the car and pumped about 2-3 qts out..shut the car off and then refilled to proper level

405whp/520tq
Dyno

Tuning in progress

SHOdded

x2 - no serviceable filter, no pan.  Just a drain plug.  Have to crack open the trans to R&R the "screen".
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

pmezo33

The 6f55 transmission doesn't have a serviceable filter?  Is that the transmission being discussed in this thread?  Ford recommends replacing the filter at 150k miles in my maintenance book.  Am I wrong here?

66 Galaxie

6F55 does not have a serviceable filter and the 6F50 that it is based on does not have one either.  I can't speak to the longevity of the 6F55 yet but I have 227k+ miles on the original 6F50 in my '08 Taurus X doing drain and fills on the tranny every 30-50k.  The car also has the original PTU.  :-)
'14 Flex Tuxedo Black ecoboost

jimmyducati

I have 90k miles on my '10 SHO, going to service the transmission this weekend...
Is the 3x drain and fill sufficient or do I need to go have it flushed? If I drain and fill at home, ill do the 3x first, then likely drain and fill one time, once a year.
2010 White SHO w/two tone interior
2005 Ducati 999s  (the daily ridder)
1998 Ducati 916  (the beauty queen)
1995 Ducati 900ss (the track terror)
1978 Harley Davidson Shovelhead

Larrylu

I just did the BG full synthetic service last week. I was at 62K. The highly rated independent shop I used was priced ($229) right between two Ford dealer quotes ($189 and $240) using stock fluid and the BG service came with a limited ($2000) tranny warranty. 
2010 Loaded, Non PP, Steel Blue Metallic, Livernois Stage 4+, Blacked out grill, Nexus 7 Tablet running Torque Pro

SHOdded

Quote from: jimmyducati on August 19, 2015, 01:20:39 PM
I have 90k miles on my '10 SHO, going to service the transmission this weekend...
Is the 3x drain and fill sufficient or do I need to go have it flushed? If I drain and fill at home, ill do the 3x first, then likely drain and fill one time, once a year.
Since the transmission has likely never been serviced, the 3x drain-and-fill is the safest & best way to go.  If you do it yearly thereafter, that would amount to one clean machine!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

66 Galaxie

I'm a begin believer in just doing drain and fills.  That's what I will be doing on my Flex ecoboost as it has worked great for me with my Taurus X (227k+ miles on original trans as stated a few posts above)
'14 Flex Tuxedo Black ecoboost

loweredd

2010 Eco Flex

Map, plugs, thermostat, 91 Torrie Tune.

AJP turbo

405whp/520tq
Dyno

Tuning in progress