• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

How to Unmarry my tuner???

Started by FracaSHO, August 03, 2015, 12:42:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FracaSHO

I am selling the SHO and if the buyer doesn't take the tuner with the car, I will be selling it as well.  I read the updated rulers regarding selling on this forum, and it said you have to show proof the tuner was unmarried from the car.  I have a MyCal from LME.  How do I unmarry it?  How do I prove it was unmarried? Do I need the car to unmarry it?  Thanks.

Brad
Brad
2010 Tuxedo Black SHO w/ PP

FoMoCoSHO

Reloading the stock tune should unmarry it.

With the SCT, it shows it in the status but IDK about the MyCal.

I'm sure one of the LME peeps will be along to get you to the proper screen for a pic.

What are you getting for a new ride?

BiGMaC

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on August 03, 2015, 12:53:36 AM
Reloading the stock tune should unmarry it.

With the SCT, it shows it in the status but IDK about the MyCal.

I'm sure one of the LME peeps will be along to get you to the proper screen for a pic.

What are you getting for a new ride?
Yea... New car?
Also with MyCal.. Tuner is programmed for the car... But the car is not "married".  The fix with MyCal is running a reset program on their server which you access via the Internet.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

FracaSHO

I thought I read somewhere you can pay like $150 to LME if you buy a used MyCal that you want to use on your ride. I just want to get something out of it if the buyer doesn't want it, and I don't want to screw anyone. Anyone from LME want to chime in?

I got a company car last November and my boss lets me use it for personal use so it will do. No new car. I love the SHO but I'm building a new house and need the money for that. Family first.
Brad

BiGMaC

Quote from: FracaSHO on August 03, 2015, 01:51:04 AM
I thought I read somewhere you can pay like $150 to LME if you buy a used MyCal that you want to use on your ride. I just want to get something out of it if the buyer doesn't want it, and I don't want to screw anyone. Anyone from LME want to chime in?

I got a company car last November and my boss lets me use it for personal use so it will do. No new car. I love the SHO but I'm building a new house and need the money for that. Family first.
Correct... You get a serial number specific link to the reset program on the LME server.... Then you load the tunes for you own car. This is what I did when I bought my MyCal used.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI

FracaSHO

Quote from: BiGMaC on August 03, 2015, 01:56:32 AM

Correct... You get a serial number specific link to the reset program on the LME server.... Then you load the tunes for you own car. This is what I did when I bought my MyCal used.

So all I need to do is load the stock tune to my SHO, which I already did, and I'm good to sell it?   
Brad

SHOnUup

Post this question on their vendor section...if busy, they will not be surfing through most threads

Rich

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

BiGMaC

Quote from: FracaSHO on August 03, 2015, 02:50:03 AM

So all I need to do is load the stock tune to my SHO, which I already did, and I'm good to sell it?   
That's all you need to do with a MyCal tuner Brad.
The purchaser of the MyCal then contacts LME (I just called them), pays the fee, gives the the info on their ride (strategy code, VIN, and mods) and then LME sends the reset link... Run it in 2 minutes... And then load the tunes (another 2-4 minutes) LME sends (stock plus upto 4 more) and the buyer is ready to flash plus saves a couple of hundred dollars. That's what I did when I bought my used one. This also gets you the same lifetime service as if you purchased new from them.

FracaSHO

Quote from: BiGMaC on August 03, 2015, 10:34:45 AM
Quote from: FracaSHO on August 03, 2015, 02:50:03 AM

That's all you need to do with a MyCal tuner Brad.
The purchaser of the MyCal then contacts LME (I just called them), pays the fee, gives the the info on their ride (strategy code, VIN, and mods) and then LME sends the reset link... Run it in 2 minutes... And then load the tunes (another 2-4 minutes) LME sends (stock plus upto 4 more) and the buyer is ready to flash plus saves a couple of hundred dollars. That's what I did when I bought my used one. This also gets you the same lifetime service as if you purchased new from them.

Thank you good sir. LME could be stingy about it and be like no, you have to buy a new one. But they are good guys over there.
Brad

HtrdMKS

I bought a used Mycal in May. Livernois charges $250  for the reset and unlimited tunes. Not hard to do.
2013 EcoBoost MKS, Tux Black, No Mods - Yet

Vic2186

USMCSHO341

If i was to buy a tuner do I have to call them for an update when I add any performance upgrades?

BiGMaC

Quote from: USMCSHO341 on August 14, 2015, 12:27:25 AM
If i was to buy a tuner do I have to call them for an update when I add any performance upgrades?
Yes and no.... Any tuner will want to know what performance mods you have to make tune adjustments for them.  You should discuss any new mods you add ... Or contemplate... To get the car optimized for best performance provement with that mod.  Some mods,like a 3BAR MAP in a SHO or MKS, must be tuned for or the car may not even start. With some... like downpipes or a CAI, the car will run fine on any tune including stock, but your tuner can optimize (read increase the car's HP and TQ gains) performance improvements offered by that mod if they know about it.   Best advice is to tell the tuner and ask if an adjustment is in order.  Easy-peezy... I just called them.

USMCSHO341

thanks for the info... now to get my hands on one. :devil:

SHOdded

Put a feeler out in the Wanted to Buy/Sell section, or call 'em lickety split!  Don't suffer any longer! :D
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!