• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Pennzoil ultra platinum

Started by zamirlihari, July 05, 2015, 10:52:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZSHO

I have been using quite a few synthetic oils since purchasing my car new from Amsoil sig series,Royal purple,Redline,and now switched over to Pennzoil ulta platinum,seems like very good quality overall and have not sent a sample to blackstone for any oil analysis but at the current price on Amazon for 38.65 seems more like a winner without having to break the bank like many other full sythetics on the market. Z     http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JMCCGDQ?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00        BTW at the current sale price will probably stock up while the promotion is stll going on.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

nickstewartroc

Check out Walmart too! They have 5 quart jugs of it for 28
Current:
2013 Ruby Red Flex Limited EcoBoost, Unleashed Tuned, drop in filter

Gone but not forgotten: 2011 SHO Non-PP in Black Tuxedo Metallic - Catback, DPs, Stoptech Z23s, MDesign CAI, LMS Tune

nickstewartroc

Nevermind, its only the platinum not ultra platinum
Current:
2013 Ruby Red Flex Limited EcoBoost, Unleashed Tuned, drop in filter

Gone but not forgotten: 2011 SHO Non-PP in Black Tuxedo Metallic - Catback, DPs, Stoptech Z23s, MDesign CAI, LMS Tune

wraitherx

The platinum is still better then most in my opinion but you can order the ultra on their website I believe. I've been using pennzoil for years and have never once had an issue with their products. With all of my previous builds 5 builds in my mustangs and Cobras , I've always used the Dino oil for break in and kept using it up until they came out with the platinum and ultra platinum and then made the switch. Great stuff. After building my engines and running the Dino and then switching to the plat or UP I did notice that the motors always seemed a tad quieter as well as feels smoother.  Have yet to send anything out to blackstone but I really don't feel the need to. Were I in an all out race car then yeah, I could see the benefit but for the average home mechanic habitual maintenance intervals is always the key to a long living and happy motor. My 2 cents. But I do love the stuff.
2014 SHO PP
1999 SVT Cobra Built

AJP turbo

Quote from: wraitherx on July 06, 2015, 12:32:53 PM
The platinum is still better then most in my opinion but you can order the ultra on their website I believe. I've been using pennzoil for years and have never once had an issue with their products. With all of my previous builds 5 builds in my mustangs and Cobras , I've always used the Dino oil for break in and kept using it up until they came out with the platinum and ultra platinum and then made the switch. Great stuff. After building my engines and running the Dino and then switching to the plat or UP I did notice that the motors always seemed a tad quieter as well as feels smoother.  Have yet to send anything out to blackstone but I really don't feel the need to. Were I in an all out race car then yeah, I could see the benefit but for the average home mechanic habitual maintenance intervals is always the key to a long living and happy motor. My 2 cents. But I do love the stuff.

I hate oil posts like this....It's just that....2 lousy cents...Nothing scientific. As long as the sump is full, most of the time Wolf's Head and bottom barrel coastal oil will keep the motor running.

I always thought the most expensive over the counter "fake synthetics" were the best such as Castrol Syntec, Mobil 1 and so on until I read about group IV base stocks...Basically you either know about them or you dont'. And if you don't you are probably the guy that refuses to believe in extended drain intervals and believe in 3-5k oil changes because your grand daddy says that's the way to go
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

BiGMaC

I do believe that true synthetic based oils hold up better as ajp says.  I have been an Amsoil sig syn fan, but forgot my Amsoil at the last change... I have 100k mile prepaid Ford maintenance on the SHO.  My dealer offers Penzoil ultra for a $20 option and it is actually better as far as volatility, which is my 1st concern after lubricity. PU is very comparable.  The Amsoil I buy adds about $60 to each oil change... May have to switch for $40 saved each oil change.  Since my dealer does the rest under the policy I do change every 5k miles.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

SHOdded

Be sure to get Pennzoil Ultra, not Pennzoil Ultra Platinum for Amsoil SS comparability.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

jtoddk98

I don't think they make ultra anymore. Just platinum and ultra platinum. I can't find the ultra platinum at Walmart or advance auto. Just platinum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2011 Taurus SHO Performance Package. EBC Stage 4 Brakes. Blacked out chrome. #130 of 602 in Ingot Silver

SHOdded

I did see an Ultra Euro product on Amazon, no idea if it is the "old" Ultra in new labeling.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

I was looking at the Penzzoil site and ultra or ultra euro is not listed. Z   http://www.pennzoil.com/motor-oil/    Explains the 10.00 off.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

If you WANT to try the Ultra, this site still offers it:
http://www.kellerheartt.com/Pennzoil-Ultra-5W-20-p/550020167.htm
http://www.kellerheartt.com/Pennzoil-Ultra-5W-30-p/550020166.htm
Chicago, IL based

$53/case + free S/H

panther427

check walmart mine has 5 quart jugs for 27 dollars
2013 SHO

BiGMaC

I still find the ultra on the Penzoil site:
http://m.pennzoil.com/motor-oil/?gclid=cms1ijt66mycfcnhfgodokydra
My dealer offers it as a $20 upgrade to standard oil change.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

SHOdded

Quote from: panther427 on July 20, 2015, 01:03:46 AM
check walmart mine has 5 quart jugs for 27 dollars
Is this for PUP, panther?

ZSHO

Quote from: BiGMaC on July 20, 2015, 01:19:01 AM
I still find the ultra on the Penzoil site:
http://m.pennzoil.com/motor-oil/?gclid=cms1ijt66mycfcnhfgodokydra
My dealer offers it as a $20 upgrade to standard oil change.
I didnt see the ultra on the site,could be the gold (semi-synthetic)has replaced it. Z