• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Pennzoil ultra platinum

Started by zamirlihari, July 05, 2015, 10:52:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

panther427

Quote from: SHOdded on July 20, 2015, 04:37:01 AM
Quote from: panther427 on July 20, 2015, 01:03:46 AM
check walmart mine has 5 quart jugs for 27 dollars
Is this for PUP, panther?

Yes Sir The Dark Grey bottle.. My Advanced has the German Castrol and European Formula Penz Ultra.. its 0w-40 i think the one with the Ferarri Logo on it.. ITS SO TEMPTING lol
2013 SHO

SHOdded

Couple of UOA's for a Saturn Ion Redline running on Pennzoil Ultra (not PUP):
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SHOnUup

You could use a better oil like Amsoil and actually come out saving money with the longer intervals for changing it, all while treating your internals to a bath in the finest synthetics around.

A case (12 quarts) is good for 2 changes and can be bought for right at a $100 once signed up as a preferred customer  ($10/6 months). So you're at $110 for the 5w/30 Sig series and PC account + about $10 shipping, equalling $120 for 2 oil changes worth. At $60 a change, you could easily double (triple would be no issue, but we'll just use double) the amount of miles taking your cost down to $30/change!!!

I personally went from Mobil 1 to Amsoil and couldn't believe the difference. Engine noise down at least 50 %, and she's running smoother than ever!

That is why I have become an independent dealer for Amsoil. In our high heat turbo applications Amsoil is a must IMO and the stats back it up.

I will be setting up a vendor area here shortly...was waiting to announce until I get all my ducks in a row.

Www.motorcitysynthetics.myamsoil.com

Any questions feel free to ask, and there's a plethora of info through the links on the Amsoil websites.

Thx

Rich

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

AJP turbo

Amsoil = something me and SHOnUup can agree on lol...the man don't lie amsoil is as good as advertised the secret is getting out
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

SHOnUup

Quote from: ajpturbo on August 19, 2015, 07:12:58 AM
Amsoil = something me and SHOnUup can agree on lol...the man don't lie amsoil is as good as advertised the secret is getting out
With me about to open up a vendor spot here...one of my main concerns is now alleviated. I've been thinking, "oh how I hope AJ is an Amsoil fan"...lol.

WHEW!!!

Rich

Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

AJP turbo

LOL...you see my sig right!...well the only thing I don't have is amsoil brake fluid...but I don't really have the energy to do that and I don't road race so I guess I'll be alright..maybe one day

405whp/520tq
Dyno

Tuning in progress

SHOnUup

Quote from: ajpturbo on August 19, 2015, 07:59:59 AM
LOL...you see my sig right!...well the only thing I don't have is amsoil brake fluid...but I don't really have the energy to do that and I don't road race so I guess I'll be alright..maybe one day
I'm on tapatalk most of the time...so I miss out on people's sigs.

Rich

SHOnUup

BTW, I agree with most of what you say...just not on how some of it comes out. But I imagine we could sit back and have a couple cold ones no problem discussing the same stuff...if I could keep up with your knowledge that is.

Rich

Livernois Motorsports

Over the years and speaking with reps from many different companies I have learned that consistency is key.  We recently had a meeting and short informative presentation with the guys from Joe Gibbs oil.  Much of the meeting involved explanations of the different types of chemical / detergent packs that the major oil brands purchase.  Most all of the companies oil is nearly identical other than these chemical pack blends that they add to the to make it their own.  Your engine will adapt overtime to the type of oil you are using and the viscosity as well. 

So if you run say XYZ brand 5w20 synthetic blend in your engine from day one it has acclimated to this.  Some people will then start experimenting with different brands / blends, viscosity changes, etc due to sale prices or recommendations from others.  Some engines can actually start to consume oil suddenly that never had the issue prior or start to smoke more especially on turbo applications that can be extremely sensitive by nature.  After using oil in an engine for a while, carbon builds up that helps seal the piston rings against the cylinder wall. When you change oils, the new oil might use a stronger/different detergent package. What one oil's detergent package might allow to build up, another detergent sees as dirt and cleans it up disrupting the rings from sealing completely in the process.

So long story short even the rep from Joe Gibbs recommended to find a good oil brand after break in and stick with it.  This will ensure the best outcome possible when it comes to longevity of your engine.

AJP turbo

Quote from: SHOnUup on August 19, 2015, 08:12:56 AM
BTW, I agree with most of what you say...just not on how some of it comes out. But I imagine we could sit back and have a couple cold ones no problem discussing the same stuff...if I could keep up with your knowledge that is.

Rich

Exactly.....One thing the forums aren't good for is capturing personality and tone....I haven't met many people that are into cars that I can't enjoy a cold one or two or 12 with .....Anytime pal, I'd enjoy it...

Eh I'm not that smart, I'd love to pick the brains of some of the real tuners out there that do it for a living....But I have some good to offer now and gain.

I still supect your tune is a bit hot and your car may be a bit of a freak because your time is awesome and I'll admit I'm jealous. And once I get a couple things figured out your car is the reason I think lower 12's is possible without meth....And I think you have a good driver mod. And you may just of had a hell of a pass

Can you data log in a CSV format? I'd love to look at some of your logs...I know you have LMS so I don't know how it can be done.

405whp/520tq
Dyno

Tuning in progress

SHOnUup

Quote from: ajpturbo on August 19, 2015, 10:28:55 AM
Quote from: SHOnUup on August 19, 2015, 08:12:56 AM

Rich

Exactly.....One thing the forums aren't good for is capturing personality and tone....I haven't met many people that are into cars that I can't enjoy a cold one or two or 12 with .....Anytime pal, I'd enjoy it...

Eh I'm not that smart, I'd love to pick the brains of some of the real tuners out there that do it for a living....But I have some good to offer now and gain.

I still supect your tune is a bit hot and your car may be a bit of a freak because your time is awesome and I'll admit I'm jealous. And once I get a couple things figured out your car is the reason I think lower 12's is possible without meth....And I think you have a good driver mod. And you may just of had a hell of a pass

Can you data log in a CSV format? I'd love to look at some of your logs...I know you have LMS so I don't know how it can be done.

I can through Torque...not very accurate at a tenth interval. But it can be sent in CSV format via email no problem from Torque.

Rich

markssho

Good info. I was thinking of going full synthetic at the next oil change at the Ford dealer.
Maybe, since I have 59k on the SHO, I should just stick with the Motorcraft synthetic blend I've always used?

Sent from my XT1094 using Tapatalk

2010 Taurus SHO, Cinnamon, 402B, ACC

SHOnUup

Quote from: markssho on August 19, 2015, 08:34:10 PM
Good info. I was thinking of going full synthetic at the next oil change at the Ford dealer.
Maybe, since I have 59k on the SHO, I should just stick with the Motorcraft synthetic blend I've always used?

Sent from my XT1094 using Tapatalk
I switched over to Amsoil at 44k...best thing I've done as a maintenance item yet I feel. 

Any more questions feel free to PM me.

Rich

curry67

Upgrade to the full synthetic. Pennzoil ultra platinum is a fantastic oil and comes in the hellcat engine from the factory. Amsoil has a great rep in the racing community. Either would be a great choice.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

SHOnUup

Quote from: curry67 on August 19, 2015, 09:17:50 PM
Upgrade to the full synthetic. Pennzoil ultra platinum is a fantastic oil and comes in the hellcat engine from the factory. Amsoil has a great rep in the racing community. Either would be a great choice.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk
My buddy with a Hellcat is making the switch to Amsoil next change. I'm a little anxious to hear his thoughts.

Rich