• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

2014 Taurus SHO / 2013 Flex Stainless Works DP AfterLife (Rasp from Hell part 3)

Started by 14SHOCAR, June 26, 2015, 04:36:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

14SHOCAR

Ever wonder what happened to my Stainless works downpipes? Ever wonder how the exhaust sounds with the downpipes on a different vehicle with different mufflers? I had the opportunity to sync up with the individual who I sold the downpipes to and here are the results. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zr0qAAZtw68
18 Volvo S90 Inscription - 2.0T Twin Charged - Polestar Tuned.
17 Lincoln MKZ 3.0T GTDI -To Tune, or Not To Tune -- THAT is the question.
15 Road Glide Special - CFR Exhaust, Powder Coated everything, DirtyAir Air ride
14 Taurus SHO (Sold)
LMS 93 V8 3Bar Tune, K&N Intake, LMS 160 t-stat, LMS pre-gapped plugs, Corsa Exhaust

SHOdded

Well, that DOES sound GOOD!  Thanks to you and sabtaj1 for adding another combo to the customer's arsenal!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

14SHOCAR

Quote from: SHOdded on June 26, 2015, 05:11:38 PM
Well, that DOES sound GOOD!  Thanks to you and sabtaj1 for adding another combo to the customer's arsenal!
I know! I'm happy sabtaj1 got a good price on them. I just wish I would have spent more time to get the magnaflo fiberglass muffler... but a little too late for that. I really didn't see anything fixing my problem lol
15 Road Glide Special - CFR Exhaust, Powder Coated everything, DirtyAir Air ride
14 Taurus SHO (Sold)
LMS 93 V8 3Bar Tune, K&N Intake, LMS 160 t-stat, LMS pre-gapped plugs, Corsa Exhaust

ShoBoat

Quote from: 14SHOCAR on June 26, 2015, 05:24:16 PM
Quote from: SHOdded on June 26, 2015, 05:11:38 PM
I know! I'm happy sabtaj1 got a good price on them. I just wish I would have spent more time to get the magnaflo fiberglass muffler... but a little too late for that. I really didn't see anything fixing my problem lol

Since sabtaj1 only has the axel back, does he not still have the OE 3rd cat?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2012 Pearl White CTS-V Stock
2016 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB Stock
2013 SHO Black on Black (Gone) PP, Unleashed Custom Tune, 170 TStat, SP534 Plugs, 3 Bar, Airaid Intake, PPE catted downpipes, Corsa Cat-back, H&R Springs. Focal 165KR Front Stage,2 JL W6 10 with Focal 800.1. 12.62 @ 110 mph.

ZSHO

I must say great video as usual B,but one thing you forgot to mention is that the Corsa cat back exhaust has absolutly no drone whats so ever,cause personaly that drone could be almost as annoying as the rasp from hell. Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Sabtaj1

Yes. I do still have the 3rd cat and and third muffler under the car. I was gonna get rid of it and do an x pipe but I don't think I'm gonna do that just yet.
13 Eco flex.

Stainless works non cat DP/ MRT axle back/ Airaid cai/ 170 T-stat/ 3 bar map/ 1 step colder plugs/ snow stage 3/ hot pipes w/TIAL BOV/ torrie tuned-SCT/

FoMoCoSHO

Thanks for the vid.

1st Ecoboost exhaust I didn't hate.

Nice job sabtaj!

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: Sabtaj1 on June 26, 2015, 06:26:21 PM
Yes. I do still have the 3rd cat and and third muffler under the car. I was gonna get rid of it and do an x pipe but I don't think I'm gonna do that just yet.
What I want to know is what that box is on your steering column...

ShoBoat

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on June 26, 2015, 08:52:47 PM
What I want to know is what that box is on your steering column...

It's one of these.
http://www.snowperformance.net/Stage-3-Boost-Cooler-Water-Methanol-Injection-Kit-p/320.htm

Makes sense that the rasp is less with the 3rd cat still installed. Sounds really good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2012 Pearl White CTS-V Stock
2016 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB Stock
2013 SHO Black on Black (Gone) PP, Unleashed Custom Tune, 170 TStat, SP534 Plugs, 3 Bar, Airaid Intake, PPE catted downpipes, Corsa Cat-back, H&R Springs. Focal 165KR Front Stage,2 JL W6 10 with Focal 800.1. 12.62 @ 110 mph.

peppelepugh

welp, i just bookmarked the MRT mufflers....
2011 Kona Blue SHO non-PP: MDesign Carbon Fiber CAI, All interior lights LEDs, LED Puddles, and LED Reverse.

EBC Stage 4 Brake kit, 170* T-stat, 3-Bar MAP, NGK Plugs, PPE Catless-DPs and Tune by Torrie!

Sabtaj1

If it ever stops raining here I will try n get some better audio/video and throw it on YouTube.  As for the box it is the snow #20100 stage 3 kit. I actually just finished the install last night and am working with Torrie on the tunning. So far it pulls hard. Hopefully it's ok to post a link. But here is the link with pics and how I set it up. Hell, it may even help you SHO dudes I hope.

http://www.fordflex.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=14688
13 Eco flex.

Stainless works non cat DP/ MRT axle back/ Airaid cai/ 170 T-stat/ 3 bar map/ 1 step colder plugs/ snow stage 3/ hot pipes w/TIAL BOV/ torrie tuned-SCT/

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Sabtaj1

Quote from: SHOdded on June 29, 2015, 06:03:22 AM
Would it be OK to bring over this HOW TO to our forum?  TIA.

Absolutely, but how do I go about doing that???
13 Eco flex.

14SHOCAR

Quote from: Sabtaj1 on June 29, 2015, 09:32:58 AM
Absolutely, but how do I go about doing that???
I think they want you to create a thread in the "how to" section on the Snow install. Just post pictures and add more descriptions around what you did (eg bumper, clamps for bumper, how you removed it... any tricks you used. Anything you broke.... etc.)
14 Taurus SHO (Sold)

Wilson

2013 SHO (non-PP) Ruby Red Tintcoat
Leading Edge Tuning 93 Tune | 3 Bar MAP | 170* Thermostat | Airaid Intake | PPE 2.5" Downpipes | Snow Stage 2 Meth Kit | H&R Lowering Springs | 22" Falken RT-7M wheels | 265/35/22 Falken Ziex TZ05 tires