• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

2014 Taurus SHO / 2013 Flex Stainless Works DP AfterLife (Rasp from Hell part 3)

Started by 14SHOCAR, June 26, 2015, 04:36:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

14SHOCAR

18 Volvo S90 Inscription - 2.0T Twin Charged - Polestar Tuned.
17 Lincoln MKZ 3.0T GTDI -To Tune, or Not To Tune -- THAT is the question.
15 Road Glide Special - CFR Exhaust, Powder Coated everything, DirtyAir Air ride
14 Taurus SHO (Sold)
LMS 93 V8 3Bar Tune, K&N Intake, LMS 160 t-stat, LMS pre-gapped plugs, Corsa Exhaust

Sabtaj1

Yes.  That is the exact axle back I purchased. And yes. I can post into the "How to" section. Gonna take me a little bit but I'll get er dun

PS... I just emailed MRT about an axle back for the SHO.
13 Eco flex.

Stainless works non cat DP/ MRT axle back/ Airaid cai/ 170 T-stat/ 3 bar map/ 1 step colder plugs/ snow stage 3/ hot pipes w/TIAL BOV/ torrie tuned-SCT/

SHOdded

Quote from: Sabtaj1 on June 29, 2015, 10:39:41 AM
Yes.  That is the exact axle back I purchased. And yes. I can post into the "How to" section. Gonna take me a little bit but I'll get er dun

PS... I just emailed MRT about an axle back for the SHO.
I'll copy it over, no probs!  Thanks!

EDIT:  Done!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Sabtaj1

https://youtu.be/VBxpcNT12Pk

Here's a quick little video for the exhaust. not sure why it's got a little cracking on the mic sound. Sorry bout that.
13 Eco flex.

Stainless works non cat DP/ MRT axle back/ Airaid cai/ 170 T-stat/ 3 bar map/ 1 step colder plugs/ snow stage 3/ hot pipes w/TIAL BOV/ torrie tuned-SCT/

peppelepugh

I emailed MRT like i told myself i wouldn't asking about a kit for our SHOs

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At this time we do not offer a kit for the Ford Taurus SHO and we don't' have anything lined up to design one. We can always do a custom axle back for you vehicle if you are able to bring the vehicle by our shop in Plymouth Michigan . I would estimate an axle back system for this vehicle to be in the $700 range and take about 2-3 days to complete . If you are unable to bring the vehicle you could possible looks for someone on a forum or in a club to be willing to allow us to develop the system off their vehicle .

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me anytime.

Thank You
Josh Barth

www.shopmrt.com
Phone: 734-455-5807
Fax: 734-455-5808
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Worst part is, i lived 15min from their shop 13 months ago!!!! >.<
2011 Kona Blue SHO non-PP: MDesign Carbon Fiber CAI, All interior lights LEDs, LED Puddles, and LED Reverse.

EBC Stage 4 Brake kit, 170* T-stat, 3-Bar MAP, NGK Plugs, PPE Catless-DPs and Tune by Torrie!

SHOw-Me State

All good info.  Does anybody know why the SHO version would be more expensive??  I would think the only difference would possibly be different angle/shape of the inlet pipes and the hangers,  right???
2011 SHO non-PP, Ingot Silver, 2013 fender vents, all stock (for now).
Future: Tune, 3-bar, new plugs.  Catted DP and exhaust someday.

SHOdded

No idea.  But MRT does do good work.  I remember what they had done for the Focus ST, this is just the exhaust piece for that customer:
2013 Ford Focus ST - MRT Eco-Flow Tuned Exhaust
His Focus:
2013 Focus ST - MRT Eco-Flow w/ Resonator swap
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

peppelepugh

don't quote me 100% on this one, but if i were to only purchase an axle back setup.... the flex and SHO look damn near identical (this is 4min of googling images)

(look at under body image)
http://www.shopmrt.com/2010-2014-Flex-V6-EcoBoost-MRT-Axle-Back-Exhaust-p/91p900.htm

http://www.nesho.com/DSC01653.JPG

thoughts?
2011 Kona Blue SHO non-PP: MDesign Carbon Fiber CAI, All interior lights LEDs, LED Puddles, and LED Reverse.

EBC Stage 4 Brake kit, 170* T-stat, 3-Bar MAP, NGK Plugs, PPE Catless-DPs and Tune by Torrie!

Sabtaj1

If I can find someone with a SHO near me I would be more than happy to take mine off the flex to hold underneath for reference or whatever.  And I just viewed the flex/sho exhaust and I think you may be correct.  if not damn close.  or if anyone is near MRT to stop in and compare
13 Eco flex.

Darren M

Damn shame you're not in North Texas. I'd take you up in that offer in a heart beat. Great sounding ride! I may just have to opt for those muffs and get the welder out!
Just a Taurus

ecoboostsho

Quote from: Sabtaj1 on July 01, 2015, 11:35:55 AM
If I can find someone with a SHO near me I would be more than happy to take mine off the flex to hold underneath for reference or whatever.  And I just viewed the flex/sho exhaust and I think you may be correct.  if not damn close.  or if anyone is near MRT to stop in and compare
What part of the country are you in again?  Would you be willing to at least measure the distance between the center of the tips for starters? 

Thanks!
2013 White SHO w/PP, Gearhead Tuned, 3 Bar, 160T, Plugs...Mess with the Bull and you'll get the Horn. :)
Previous 2011 Tuxedo Black SHO w/PP - 12.89 1/4 Mile

polskifacet

stock dps though
http://youtu.be/zhmNvmW6eWU

Magnaflow 24 inch mufflers. no third cat, cats are supposed to increase/decrease sound by about 15%. Have drone if i try and hold a high gear and load is high, have to try to do that though.
AEM Dryflo drop in. PP Transmission Cooler and thermostat. 160 tstat, 3 bar map, plugs, AJP 93 Tune, PP Shocks and Springs

14SHOCAR

Quote from: polskifacet on October 05, 2015, 02:08:20 PM
stock dps though
https://youtu.be/zhmNvmW6eWU

Magnaflow 24 inch mufflers. no third cat, cats are supposed to increase/decrease sound by about 15%. Have drone if i try and hold a high gear and load is high, have to try to do that though.

I still get drone with just the Corsa at 2-4k RPM with a up hill load. It sounds.. meh.
18 Volvo S90 Inscription - 2.0T Twin Charged - Polestar Tuned.
17 Lincoln MKZ 3.0T GTDI -To Tune, or Not To Tune -- THAT is the question.
15 Road Glide Special - CFR Exhaust, Powder Coated everything, DirtyAir Air ride
14 Taurus SHO (Sold)
LMS 93 V8 3Bar Tune, K&N Intake, LMS 160 t-stat, LMS pre-gapped plugs, Corsa Exhaust