• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Surge Boost + Blow off Issues with Car...

Started by 14SHOCAR, June 08, 2015, 09:42:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

14SHOCAR

I am so frustrated with my car at the moment. Despite the misfiring problems I've been having, I now have a new issue... surge.

I am putting a video of this up shortly, but in a brief description, it sounds like my blow off valve is actuating partially during acceleration. I thought these were electronically controlled?

Also, during slower acceleration, the car builds boost and dumps it, builds it, then dumps it creating a surgey slow acceleration.

I think tonight I'm going to pull the battery and do a ECU reset... I may even reflash my car... Can't I have a tune that works as is????
18 Volvo S90 Inscription - 2.0T Twin Charged - Polestar Tuned.
17 Lincoln MKZ 3.0T GTDI -To Tune, or Not To Tune -- THAT is the question.
15 Road Glide Special - CFR Exhaust, Powder Coated everything, DirtyAir Air ride
14 Taurus SHO (Sold)
LMS 93 V8 3Bar Tune, K&N Intake, LMS 160 t-stat, LMS pre-gapped plugs, Corsa Exhaust

14SHOCAR

15 Road Glide Special - CFR Exhaust, Powder Coated everything, DirtyAir Air ride
14 Taurus SHO (Sold)
LMS 93 V8 3Bar Tune, K&N Intake, LMS 160 t-stat, LMS pre-gapped plugs, Corsa Exhaust

glock-coma

Have you gone back to stock to confirm its not a faulty sensor/ BOV?
2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

southtxSHO

Damn.... doesn't look good at all . When did this issues start happening ? Have to put it back to stock to see if it still does it ?
2011 SHO non PP
LMS 4 +tune
LMS Cai
LMS catted downpipes
12.89@ 105 MPH best time @ Edinburg Raceway

glock-coma

After watching that video I can't believe it has not tripped a code. Did you scan for any codes? If no codes and if it's good when going back to stock a reflash might be a good idea.

ZSHO

Did you check for any codes? )1 check all the high pressure hoses for the wastegate,(vacuum)2)any loose turbo,intercooler hoses,make sure there on tight,especially by the firewall,3)vacuum line by the intake,make sure its on there tight,and check to see if all the above mentioned hoses are secure and are not loose.  Z      http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=3681.0;attach=4704;image        http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=3681.0;attach=4702;image

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

14SHOCAR

Thanks for the info. I'll try flashing back to stock + 2 bar + check for leaks.

Whats the protocol for replacing a cracked rear charge pipe over plug 6? Do I have to return the whole car to factory? (including taking off the cat back exhaust?) to get a warranty replacement?
14 Taurus SHO (Sold)

ZSHO

Quote from: SHOdded on June 08, 2015, 10:50:44 AM
The pics Z is referring to are from this post:  http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,3681.msg57231.html#msg57231
Thanks for updating that,time for a new laptop,its been used and abused for quite sometime now.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

glock-coma

Quote from: 14SHOCAR on June 08, 2015, 10:57:15 AM

Whats the protocol for replacing a cracked rear charge pipe over plug 6? Do I have to return the whole car to factory? (including taking off the cat back exhaust?) to get a warranty replacement?
I would definitely return to stock....who knows if they'll update anything in the ecu durning service.

SHOdded

Z, new hardware's always exciting :) but in this case, it is a forum limitation.  If you add images to the Photo Gallery and link from there, it shows up properly when you copy the links to a post.  If you upload files to a post directly, re-referencing those thumbnails leads only to the thumbnails.  Not sure if I can fix that issue.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: 14SHOCAR on June 08, 2015, 10:57:15 AM

I would flash back to stock, put the OEM intake on, leave the cat back on and you will be fine.

14SHOCAR

I'm thinking of returning the intake to stock permanently and selling the K&N. I have had so many damn issues with this car... I don't want to keep messing around. Its a lot of fun when its working, but I have currently had more days of it acting up than enjoying a stable tune / car.
14 Taurus SHO (Sold)

SHOdded

Already tried cleaning the MAP sensors, right?  Swap the two?

14SHOCAR

I am throwing a P0234 ... From what I'm reading is an overboost code. I switched to running the 2 bar stock tune and I'm still getting these surges. Any thoughts?

I'm swapping out the 3 map on the other side of the intake manifold.
14 Taurus SHO (Sold)