• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Surge Boost + Blow off Issues with Car...

Started by 14SHOCAR, June 08, 2015, 09:42:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

14SHOCAR

18 Volvo S90 Inscription - 2.0T Twin Charged - Polestar Tuned.
17 Lincoln MKZ 3.0T GTDI -To Tune, or Not To Tune -- THAT is the question.
15 Road Glide Special - CFR Exhaust, Powder Coated everything, DirtyAir Air ride
14 Taurus SHO (Sold)
LMS 93 V8 3Bar Tune, K&N Intake, LMS 160 t-stat, LMS pre-gapped plugs, Corsa Exhaust

SHOdded

Overboost = sticking wastegate most likely.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

91hybrid

Boost leak? I know someone has had this before. Time for a search..

John
2014 SHO -PP, Unleashed Tuned, 3bar, Devils Own 100% meth, PPE catted down pipes, 3rd cat delete, Magnaflow 2.5" exhaust, 170 deg, NGK 7's plugs, hot pipes - White Platinum 401a
418 whp - 513 wlb/ft
non meth 13.11@103.6 (knock limited)
Meth pass 11.991@114.28

glock-coma

Here it is. Go back to page 1. Turned out to be a vacuum hose on the waste gate popped off.
http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php?topic=3681.0
To much boost?

2010 RCM non PP
K&N panel filter with aux hose
RX OCC with CSS
sp534 @ 30
unleashed tune 12.90@106
2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

ZSHO

The code for C1B00 is for (steering angle sensor.signal erratic)associated with steering /suspension components.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

14SHOCAR

Smh. I think I found it.  I didn't take enough time looking at my boost hoses. This one fell off and was tucked under the other hoses.
15 Road Glide Special - CFR Exhaust, Powder Coated everything, DirtyAir Air ride
14 Taurus SHO (Sold)
LMS 93 V8 3Bar Tune, K&N Intake, LMS 160 t-stat, LMS pre-gapped plugs, Corsa Exhaust

14SHOCAR

Can someone check their cars to see if that ones with a clamp or not from the factory? I have a hard time believing "it fell off"
14 Taurus SHO (Sold)

FoMoCoSHO

ZSHO

Quote from: 14SHOCAR on June 09, 2015, 09:53:03 AM
Smh. I think I found it.  I didn't take enough time looking at my boost hoses. This one fell off and was tucked under the other hoses.
Thats the very culprit i'v been trying to point out,the dealer usually installs a 1/4 CLAMP on that particular hose,personaly ordered 1/4 t-bolt clamps and replaced all of the hoses with new clamps.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

14SHOCAR

What doesn't help is that the hose is low quality and eventually expands and stays that way. I feel a video coming on. ;)
14 Taurus SHO (Sold)

ZSHO

Quote from: 14SHOCAR on June 09, 2015, 10:35:36 AM
What doesn't help is that the hose is low quality and eventually expands and stays that way. I feel a video coming on. ;)
I ordered a box of ten 1/4 t-bolts clamps to ensure that the hoses wont pop off.. Z   http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0040CWZR0/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

14SHOCAR

I got fuel line hose as a replacement for now. There is less flex in the line now... I'll probably throw diff clamps later today
14 Taurus SHO (Sold)

ZSHO

I hope you can finally enjoy your SHO because that hose that popped of could of been related to your spuddering,misfires,etc,best of luck with the ride and hopefully blaming the tuning company should be your last resort. Z

ZSHO

I removed all the oem clamps and ordered new 1/4 t-bolts clamps for a much more secure fit around the hoses,a couple of the hoses do not come with clamps from the factory,and are usually the culprits for popping off,the ones highlighted are the ones that do not come with clamps,and chose to add new clamps to them. Z

14SHOCAR

All- I found a picture of my Taurus PRE-boost issue. There is NO C CLAMP from the factory.

What a joke. I'm glad Ford saved that 40 cents only to have to pay out thousands in repairs through their dealerships. This will be a problem area.
14 Taurus SHO (Sold)