• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Archoil

Started by jtoddk98, May 10, 2015, 10:16:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jtoddk98

Has anyone tried Archoil AR6200 fuel additive? I have, and I'm a firm believer. My MPG's got so much better, especially on the highway, the car idles better and the injector "tick" is a bit quieter. Plus it is a fuel dryer, I did an ethanol test at the Shell station where I usually get gas, 93 octane had about 9% ethanol, when I added the archoil, it went down to 1-2%. Im looking into trying their oil additive, AR9100 Friction Modifier. Archoil is popular with Powerstroke owners because it helps with injector stiction, but it can also be used in gas engines. Its good stuff
2011 Taurus SHO Performance Package. EBC Stage 4 Brakes. Blacked out chrome. #130 of 602 in Ingot Silver

wasinger3000

I'll let you know how it does in a week. Just ordered the oil and fuel additive.
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.

jtoddk98

I got a free little thing of it to try and I got hooked, spent the $50 for the 8oz bottle that treats like 640 gallons. You really don't use much of it, super concentrated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2011 Taurus SHO Performance Package. EBC Stage 4 Brakes. Blacked out chrome. #130 of 602 in Ingot Silver

wasinger3000

Yeah I bought the 8oz fuel and the 16oz oil.

Did some research into the fuel additive and found out GE uses it in their diesel locomotive engines as well as large cargo ship engines with great results.
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.

jtoddk98

I'm looking forward to your results with the oil additive. I'm almost at my 55,000 OCI, switching to Amsoil possibly with the archoil additive depending on if you like it. Keep us posted!

sunwolf

Quote from: jtoddk98 on May 10, 2015, 10:16:31 PM
Has anyone tried Archoil AR6200 fuel additive? I have, and I'm a firm believer. My MPG's got so much better, especially on the highway, the car idles better and the injector "tick" is a bit quieter. Plus it is a fuel dryer, I did an ethanol test at the Shell station where I usually get gas, 93 octane had about 9% ethanol, when I added the archoil, it went down to 1-2%. Im looking into trying their oil additive, AR9100 Friction Modifier. Archoil is popular with Powerstroke owners because it helps with injector stiction, but it can also be used in gas engines. Its good stuff
How can it lower the ethanol?
2014 Taurus SHO Black Performance Pack LMS tune 3bar tstat downpipes
2008 BMW M6 Convertible SMG
2008 F-150 XLT 4x4 5.4L
2011 F-150 Ecoboost Crew Cab 4x4
2012 Lincoln Navigator L 4x4

FoMoCoSHO

I would also like to know how it lowers ethanol content.

Cause that's not necessarily a good thing in DI cars anyway....

I wonder if the ethanol absorbs it like H2O????

sunwolf

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on May 11, 2015, 02:38:05 PM
I would also like to know how it lowers ethanol content.

Cause that's not necessarily a good thing in DI cars anyway....

I wonder if the ethanol absorbs it like H2O????
The reason I'm asking is because it can't. The methanol does not absorb the water, it allows the water to become soluble in the gas which allows it to be removed when it goes through the engine with the gas. This stuff shouldn't be able to make ethanol disappear, it just puts it somewhere else.
2014 Taurus SHO Black Performance Pack LMS tune 3bar tstat downpipes
2008 BMW M6 Convertible SMG
2008 F-150 XLT 4x4 5.4L
2011 F-150 Ecoboost Crew Cab 4x4
2012 Lincoln Navigator L 4x4

jtoddk98

I don't know what happened with the ethanol, if it was just a mid read or a reaction with my cheap kit, no clue, but the kit did register a lower reading with the archoil. But maybe it's just the cheap test thing I had

wasinger3000

Right from their page.

"AR6200-EU is suitable for all liquid hydrocarbon fuel types of varying quality including gasoline, ethanol, biofuels, heating oil, 2-stroke mixes and heavy oils such as bunker fuel.
AR6200-EU protects the entire fuel system and pump when using E5, E10 or other bio ethanol blended gasoline. It is also a perfect additive for bio-diesel and bio-diesel blended fuels providing an effective lubricity barrier. The catalyst technology facilitates a cleaner burn to prevent deposit build-up."

wasinger3000

Nano Lubrication - Jay Leno's Garage: http://youtu.be/h3ir3bg0ESU

ARCHOIL CHALLENGE 2000 F350 165K: http://youtu.be/ZBKe7LsIHDw

jtoddk98

The whole reason I tried archoil was because of powerstrokehelp.com. Bill, the owner sent me a free sample

crash712us

Been want to try for some time now. Especially in my PTU. There products come highly rated.

2011 tuxedo black non pp, LMS stage 5, Corsa cat back, LMS down pipes, Airaid, Alky control meth injection, Megan Racing coil overs, EBC rotor&pads, Mobsteel grill, 2013 trans cooler. 403whp 417wtq 12.25 @ 110

SHOnUup

I just used some Marvel Mystery Oil last week. Can't say for sure about mpgs, but so far it looks like I'm up a little bit. The injector tick is definitely quieter after just one dose of 4 ounces per tank. Also got the tip from the truck guys.

Rich

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

glock-coma

I signed up for the free sample from archoil to try it out. Just need to pay 4.95 shipping.
The sample treats 80 gallons

Here's the link if anyone is interested. It's for the fuel treatment only.

http://archoil.powerstrokehelp.com
2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)