• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Read my Datalog and tell me what you are seeing!

Started by ElvenSho, May 10, 2015, 05:10:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ElvenSho

Hey guys,

So recently (about 750 miles ago) I started using 93 octane gas (0 ethanol from Shell) and my car seems to run a lot smoother. Now I had issues with fuel pressure on 92 octane gas (with 10% ethanol) and am hoping after running the fuel system cleaner (bg) few times that my cars fuel system is healthier. I took it to the shop and had the dealership service dept test everything and they could not find an issue. The car runs perfect from what I can tell with the 92 octane Torrie tune, the only problem is that he is not pushing it much due to the fuel pressure issue. Now I just datalogged 93 octane and sent it to him so hopefully he can adjust things to get me more power as I plan to go to track in the next month. Please let me know what you are seeing! (I am sure Torrie will let me know as well but I'd still like some opinions here also)
2011 Red Taurus SHO- H&R springs, plugs, t-stat, 3bar, LMS dps, tuned by Torrie

ShoBoat

Quote from: ElvenSho on May 10, 2015, 05:10:30 PM
Hey guys,

So recently (about 750 miles ago) I started using 93 octane gas (0 ethanol from Shell) and my car seems to run a lot smoother. Now I had issues with fuel pressure on 92 octane gas (with 10% ethanol) and am hoping after running the fuel system cleaner (bg) few times that my cars fuel system is healthier. I took it to the shop and had the dealership service dept test everything and they could not find an issue. The car runs perfect from what I can tell with the 92 octane Torrie tune, the only problem is that he is not pushing it much due to the fuel pressure issue. Now I just datalogged 93 octane and sent it to him so hopefully he can adjust things to get me more power as I plan to go to track in the next month. Please let me know what you are seeing! (I am sure Torrie will let me know as well but I'd still like some opinions here also)
Interesting I was having a similar issue with my 13. Still not 100% sure what the issue was. As the issue has mysteriously cleared itself up. I tried different Tunes from LMS. I know that "winter gas" was at play with mine. I did a few things with mine. Here is the thread from my issues.

http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,4637.210.html

I looked at your log but it's Chinese to me lol. I know that my low pressure side seemed unaffected, for mine it was the high pressure side that was dropping like a stone.
2012 Pearl White CTS-V Stock
2016 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB Stock
2013 SHO Black on Black (Gone) PP, Unleashed Custom Tune, 170 TStat, SP534 Plugs, 3 Bar, Airaid Intake, PPE catted downpipes, Corsa Cat-back, H&R Springs. Focal 165KR Front Stage,2 JL W6 10 with Focal 800.1. 12.62 @ 110 mph.

SHOdded

IMHO, I don't see any fault with the log, Elven.  All systems go :)  Let's hope Torrie agrees!

Fuel Rear Pressure is in MPa, which you multiply by 145.0377 to get psi.  There was a bit of a drop before the 2-3 shift, don't know why.

Here are some optional parameters for SCT tuners:
http://www.fswerks.com/pages/sct1

Ability to turn off alternator at WOT sounds promising ;)  One way to test your battery's potential.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

AJP turbo

I only looked at the WOT portion of the log if that's what you were curious about. But It looked fine to me....Knock sensor showed 0 activity, AFR's were fine.

SHODDED the fuel pressure drop off you saw prior to the 2-3 shift was because he boosted to 228 KPA which is about 18.5 psi. Still had over 1800 psi of fuel pressure so no problem at all. It actually occurred right after the 1-2 shift...For whatever reason they like to spike after shifts. I can't figure it out, I'm working on that myself

I think people are misinterpreting a fuel pressure problem when their tuner says fuel pressure is falling or is a bit low when boost gets high...That's completely normal and just how it works. That's why people do fuel sytem upgrades when power gets high.

Eleven sho be careful when asking for opinions of logs. A lot of people don't know what they are talking about, myself included sometimes. You may get some false alarms and just turn it into a headache for your tuner...You are in good hands with torrie...

From your log there is room for more and you are running plenty safe. Torrie may give you more or not but either way you are good.
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

FoMoCoSHO

Are you sure that is 0 percent? Shells official response to me was that all Vpower 93 has 10 percent ethanol.

Nationwide only 5% of all fuel is straight gas and it will disappear as well.

ShoBoat

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on May 11, 2015, 09:07:01 AM
Are you sure that is 0 percent? Shells official response to me was that all Vpower 93 has 10 percent ethanol.

X2, we cannot get straight gas up here (other than 91 Shell V-Power) as I stated before. Looking at your location best case the issues you were seeing were caused by the winter gas blends. I was down the same path thinking it was the corn. But I am running it now with no issues. Although mine did idle a little smoother with the 91 V-Power but KR was brutal even with the 91 tune.
2012 Pearl White CTS-V Stock
2016 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB Stock
2013 SHO Black on Black (Gone) PP, Unleashed Custom Tune, 170 TStat, SP534 Plugs, 3 Bar, Airaid Intake, PPE catted downpipes, Corsa Cat-back, H&R Springs. Focal 165KR Front Stage,2 JL W6 10 with Focal 800.1. 12.62 @ 110 mph.

ElvenSho

Quote from: SHOdded on May 10, 2015, 10:37:19 PM
IMHO, I don't see any fault with the log, Elven.  All systems go :)  Let's hope Torrie agrees!

Fuel Rear Pressure is in MPa, which you multiply by 145.0377 to get psi.  There was a bit of a drop before the 2-3 shift, don't know why.

Here are some optional parameters for SCT tuners:
http://www.fswerks.com/pages/sct1

Ability to turn off alternator at WOT sounds promising ;)  One way to test your battery's potential.

Quote from: ajpturbo on May 10, 2015, 11:47:21 PM
I only looked at the WOT portion of the log if that's what you were curious about. But It looked fine to me....Knock sensor showed 0 activity, AFR's were fine.

SHODDED the fuel pressure drop off you saw prior to the 2-3 shift was because he boosted to 228 KPA which is about 18.5 psi. Still had over 1800 psi of fuel pressure so no problem at all. It actually occurred right after the 1-2 shift...For whatever reason they like to spike after shifts. I can't figure it out, I'm working on that myself

I think people are misinterpreting a fuel pressure problem when their tuner says fuel pressure is falling or is a bit low when boost gets high...That's completely normal and just how it works. That's why people do fuel sytem upgrades when power gets high.

Eleven sho be careful when asking for opinions of logs. A lot of people don't know what they are talking about, myself included sometimes. You may get some false alarms and just turn it into a headache for your tuner...You are in good hands with torrie...

From your log there is room for more and you are running plenty safe. Torrie may give you more or not but either way you are good.
Sounds good time to unleash the beast lol

ElvenSho

Quote from: ShoBoat on May 11, 2015, 09:12:45 AM

X2, we cannot get straight gas up here (other than 91 Shell V-Power) as I stated before. Looking at your location best case the issues you were seeing were caused by the winter gas blends. I was down the same path thinking it was the corn. But I am running it now with no issues. Although mine did idle a little smoother with the 91 V-Power but KR was brutal even with the 91 tune.
Thats what I was told by the person working at the pump. I guess it might have ethanol in it :(

I had a feeling it was the winter gas that was screwing things up!