• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Wtf Did I do to my sho? New exhaust makes my car sound like a rice burner

Started by 14SHOCAR, May 08, 2015, 08:05:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZSHO

14SHOCAR quite honestly that was a cool video in many aspects to say the least,but having my setup for well over a year it surely does not emit excessive rasp like in your video shown,another note is to give the exhaust sometime to break in and retorque all the bolts to ensure no leaks . BTW love the sound of the turbos spooling. Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Airbornemaikai

Mine corsa and lms do definitely had a break in period. First couple months it definitely sounded ricey, now it sounds great and I have got compliments on it as well (from non Honda owners too)
2014 Explorer Sport
LMS 91 Tune with 3 Bar Map
160º Evenflo T-stat, 0.30 Motorcraft plugs
LMS DP W/HI-Flow Cats, LMS Corsa Cat-Back
Airaid 401-260

jtoddk98

Quote from: 14SHOCAR on May 10, 2015, 05:07:42 PM
Here it is gents...its still uploading to youtube... but it will be there shortly.
http://youtu.be/128SB_RY0UQ
Wow, I wasn't expecting that, I mean I was expecting a little bit of a ricey sound but not that bad. Muffler deletes sound better lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2011 Taurus SHO Performance Package. EBC Stage 4 Brakes. Blacked out chrome. #130 of 602 in Ingot Silver

ShoBoat

Holy crap, yea sorry bud mine sounds nothing like that. It's gotta be the DPs, I have the Corsa cat back on mine and it sounds nothing like that. I have no rasp at all. I have heard other SHOs with other DPs and the Corsa and they still don't sound like that.

2012 Pearl White CTS-V Stock
2016 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB Stock
2013 SHO Black on Black (Gone) PP, Unleashed Custom Tune, 170 TStat, SP534 Plugs, 3 Bar, Airaid Intake, PPE catted downpipes, Corsa Cat-back, H&R Springs. Focal 165KR Front Stage,2 JL W6 10 with Focal 800.1. 12.62 @ 110 mph.

jmr061

You can always pick up my LMS catted downpipes and give them a try ;)
Jason
16 Edge Sport

68_GT

I think you can have an cat back, or downpipes but not both. I wonder which option gives better performance ?

I think your SHO sounds good at wide open throttle so how can you eliminate the rasp between 3-4 K ?

Doesn't Magnaflow have a nice high flow resonator you can stick in there ?

How does the power feel with the exhaust on ?

I really like the video posted with catted DP's, X-pipe and no resonator and stock catback. I don't see anyway the different brand of DP's could sound different unless maybe different cell count / quality cats in the catted versions.

I also like the video od the Unleased 3in catless DP's with the rest of the exhaust stock. Maybe the cheapest good set up, but then you have the engine light to deal with.
2013 PP SHO LMS 93V10 tune, 170* T stat, 3bar, K&N drop in, plugs re-gapped, 4in exhaust tips.
UPDATE - 130K miles =blown engine. Unleashed tune and EBPP upgrade turbo billet wheels / Turbo Smart WGA's on a bran new long block. Let's get this SHO on the road !

2013 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB daily driver ;) - LMS 93 tune and CPE intercooler

14SHOCAR

I'd love to have feedback from everyone given the rasp. Does anyone have videos of their cars with the STOCK downpipes and the Corsa exhaust? Also can you verify what model of Corsa exhaust you got? I'm trying to figure out where we went wrong with this.

I'd be up for ditching the downpipes if I can get the rasp under control by putting the factory exhaust or factory downpipes back in.

I just need help figuring out what the hell this is.
18 Volvo S90 Inscription - 2.0T Twin Charged - Polestar Tuned.
17 Lincoln MKZ 3.0T GTDI -To Tune, or Not To Tune -- THAT is the question.
15 Road Glide Special - CFR Exhaust, Powder Coated everything, DirtyAir Air ride
14 Taurus SHO (Sold)
LMS 93 V8 3Bar Tune, K&N Intake, LMS 160 t-stat, LMS pre-gapped plugs, Corsa Exhaust

glock-coma

Have you checked The physical condition of the mufflers? It's possible that you have a damaged or broken weld / baffle  internally on the muffler.
2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

wasinger3000

Quote from: 14SHOCAR on May 11, 2015, 10:02:41 AM
I'd love to have feedback from everyone given the rasp. Does anyone have videos of their cars with the STOCK downpipes and the Corsa exhaust? Also can you verify what model of Corsa exhaust you got? I'm trying to figure out where we went wrong with this.

I'd be up for ditching the downpipes if I can get the rasp under control by putting the factory exhaust or factory downpipes back in.

I just need help figuring out what the hell this is.
I had similar rasp in that exact spot that would make my ears bleed. I built a j pipe resonator to cancel out the rasp in that frequency and it is no longer in existence.
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.

glock-coma

I forgot about your resonator
Wasinger. That was a genius idea.
2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

crash712us

As several guys have mentioned the corsa system does have a break in period. Are you tuned? Cause I know with my DP's and corsa system is very loud under stock tune.

2011 tuxedo black non pp, LMS stage 5, Corsa cat back, LMS down pipes, Airaid, Alky control meth injection, Megan Racing coil overs, EBC rotor&pads, Mobsteel grill, 2013 trans cooler. 403whp 417wtq 12.25 @ 110

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ShoBoat

Normal inside cabin

WOT inside cabin

Outside at the track
http://youtu.be/c63DZO8k6o4

I have corsa stock DP. And the sound on mine did change over time.

2012 Pearl White CTS-V Stock
2016 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB Stock
2013 SHO Black on Black (Gone) PP, Unleashed Custom Tune, 170 TStat, SP534 Plugs, 3 Bar, Airaid Intake, PPE catted downpipes, Corsa Cat-back, H&R Springs. Focal 165KR Front Stage,2 JL W6 10 with Focal 800.1. 12.62 @ 110 mph.

ZSHO

I have the Corsa 14315 sport cat back exhaust,as mentioned earlier there is a break in period which consists of 200-500 miles and will notice a change in sound,also make sure those band clamps are re-torqued after a couple of weeks,cause mine were fairly loose and could contribute to the rattle,are you tuned for the DP? the tune alone will affect the sound. Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

14SHOCAR

I have the LMS 3bar 93 octane V8 tune. I downloaded the new tune files onto the tuner using the updater software. When I tried to load the cat delete on the car, it says "The only available tune files are" then "Updates required to load tune file".

I tried connecting the tuner to my laptop and hit update tuner again. It said the tuner is up to date.

I just got the new tune files from LMS and am planning on loading them to see if it helps with the drone. I'm definitely not running a stock tune...
18 Volvo S90 Inscription - 2.0T Twin Charged - Polestar Tuned.
17 Lincoln MKZ 3.0T GTDI -To Tune, or Not To Tune -- THAT is the question.
15 Road Glide Special - CFR Exhaust, Powder Coated everything, DirtyAir Air ride
14 Taurus SHO (Sold)
LMS 93 V8 3Bar Tune, K&N Intake, LMS 160 t-stat, LMS pre-gapped plugs, Corsa Exhaust